Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SFtoVA

Best QB to come out of the MWC

3 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

But you had to hate Fales the most-cost you 20mil, or you over it?

Eh, he took advantage of a horrendous corps of DBs. It sucks that we lost that game, but Fales just took advantage of horrible defense. 

1 minute ago, retrofade said:

Okay, how about this.

Carr was a better QB in the MWC, and in college in general, than either Smith or BVP. Oh, and he reached that status in two seasons in the MWC. 

Try to read the whole thread next time.  That's exactly what I stated.  I've been arguing BVP vs Smith.  I'd suggest that Carr and Moore had more success than both.  

C'mon man, keep up.

14 minutes ago, jimjam said:

I'm not the only one saying this Jack.  He was 2 time POY in the MWC in 2002 and 2003.  That alone puts him in the conversation.  The fact you omit that proves my point.

So?  That just speaks to the weak state of the league those years.  If you had a Carr or Dalton in the league at that time they likely win it.  Smith had similar numbers to BVP in 2003, and his 2004 year was better than anything BVP ever did.  He also sat in many games in the second half due to them destroying everyone that year, it it might have been even more skewed in Smith's favor.

3 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Poor logic.  The MWC found BVP to be a better QB than Smith two years running.  Almost any intelligent fan also found BVP to be a better QB and FB player than Smith two years running.

Folks need to get off of Alex Smith's jock.  He was at best the #2 offensive player in the MWC when he played here.  Just facts.

Very few people outside of your fanbase share this opinion.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Just now, Headbutt said:

Try to read the whole thread next time.  That's exactly what I stated.  I've been arguing BVP vs Smith.  I'd suggest that Carr and Moore had more success than both.  

C'mon man, keep up.

Okay, Smith > BVP. 

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Eh, he took advantage of a horrendous corps of DBs. It sucks that we lost that game, but Fales just took advantage of horrible defense. 

Your first loss and most costly one; I guess he was the only one who took advantage resulting in V.

Just now, Jack Bauer said:

Very few people outside of Utah share your opinion.  Again, Alex Smith was the second best Utah QB to play in the MWC.

9 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

But you had to hate Fales the most-cost you 20mil, or you over it?

No. He delivered my hamburger to my table hot and fresh. Prompt service.

In reality, though, two reasons why not: FS was not in position to get the BCS bowl by that week. Another mid major (forgot who) had surpassed them in ranking and that team lost because of bad coaching, not Fales. Any fast food server could have carved up that D. 

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

10 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

So?  That just speaks to the weak state of the league those years.  If you had a Carr or Dalton in the league at that time they likely win it.  Smith had similar numbers to BVP in 2003, and his 2004 year was better than anything BVP ever did.  He also sat in many games in the second half due to them destroying everyone that year, it it might have been even more skewed in Smith's favor.

LOL!  CSU won games against ranked CU teams, at Virginia, and an Aaron Rodgers Cal team during that time too.

Time to call you BYU Junky since you're as dumb as CJ.

18 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

I hate csu and I hate Bradlee Van Pelt...but I share this opinion.  I believe that I have seen just about every QB nominated in this thread at least once in person during their time in college.  Bradlee Van Pelt, in my opinion, had the single biggest impact on the game.  Defenses completely changed their schemes to try and stop him.  He was a linebacker playing QB and was basically unstoppable.  No he didn't have the most pro potential (neither did Tim Tebow) but that doesn't take away from how he affected the college game.

Also, pre-MWC, but shout out to Beau Morgan at Air Force.  He was also an outstanding college quarterback that I enjoyed watching.

I'm really surprised to see Dalton rated so low by those on the board.  He was a two time MWC offensive player of the year.  He led his team to back to back undefeated regular seasons and a Rose Bowl championship to end his career.  He has made three Pro Bowls in six NFL seasons.  He also has a better NFL career passer rating than Carr and Smith.  I know he hasn't done much in the playoffs, but neither have Smith or Carr.  Taking the Bengals to the playoffs five years in a row isn't so easy.

45 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

I hate csu and I hate Bradlee Van Pelt...but I share this opinion.  I believe that I have seen just about every QB nominated in this thread at least once in person during their time in college.  Bradlee Van Pelt, in my opinion, had the single biggest impact on the game.  Defenses completely changed their schemes to try and stop him.  He was a linebacker playing QB and was basically unstoppable.  No he didn't have the most pro potential (neither did Tim Tebow) but that doesn't take away from how he affected the college game.

Also, pre-MWC, but shout out to Beau Morgan at Air Force.  He was also an outstanding college quarterback that I enjoyed watching.

Who is Bradlee Van Pelt?

Signed,

Anyone who didn’t closely watch MWC football several years ago  

Best MWC QB in college?  How about the best QB in all of CFB? 

Kellen Moore is the winningest QB in the history of college football.  Period.  The only stat that matters.

50 wins-3 losses.  Never lost by more than 3 points.  Ran the Play action better than anyone I have ever seen, Couldn't run, but sidestepped rushers without even looking. Made it look easy. Not the strongest arm, but his passes were always on target. Threw a 70 yard laser guided missile to Titus Young that should have secured the win at Nevada. 

I don't know if that 50-3 record will ever be matched. 

If the winningest QB in the history of College Football isn't good enough for you, I don't know what is. 

latestbroncofanslogo.png.20959eb73e46249d924bc7abb968f702.png

5 minutes ago, DarksideReturns said:

Smith lost one game in the MWC, BVP many.  Smith lost 2 games as a starter, BVP...double digits.  And in the one game they actually went head to head, Smith won on the road, BVP had two picks and lost the game.  BVP is not and should not be in this conversation.

Smith only lost one game as a starter, to New Mexico in '03.  He lost no games the 2nd year. 

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, are you still a moron?"

"Give me a Sandwich and a Douchebag and there's nothing I can't do!"

Kellen Moore CFB stats. Read it and weep, boys. 

Passing
Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
Career Boise State         1157 1658 69.8 14667
*2008 Boise State WAC FR QB 13 281 405 69.4 3486 8.6 8.7 25 10 157.1
*2009 Boise State WAC SO QB 14 277 431 64.3 3536 8.2 9.7 39 3 161.7
*2010 Boise State WAC JR QB 13 273 383 71.3 3845 10.0 11.2 35 6 182.6
*2011 Boise State MWC SR QB 13 326 439 74.3 3800 8.7 9.7 43 9 175.2

latestbroncofanslogo.png.20959eb73e46249d924bc7abb968f702.png

7 minutes ago, WilliamHicks said:

Best MWC QB in college?  How about the best QB in all of CFB? 

Kellen Moore is the winningest QB in the history of college football.  Period.  The only stat that matters.

50 wins-3 losses.  Never lost by more than 3 points.  Ran the Play action better than anyone I have ever seen, Couldn't run, but sidestepped rushers without even looking. Made it look easy. Not the strongest arm, but his passes were always on target. Threw a 70 yard laser guided missile to Titus Young that should have secured the win at Nevada. 

I don't know if that 50-3 record will ever be matched. 

If the winningest QB in the history of College Football isn't good enough for you, I don't know what is. 

A great QB. No question about that. Also a product of an amazing program.