Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

namssa

MWC Attendance figures

5 minutes ago, jimjam said:

They might want to... Sports Authority is such a piece of crap.  

Mug, Looks like our game with the Nevada is close to sold out.  Hope you can make it out for the game.

I wish I could but I've had some issues come up that precvent any travel this year :(

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, jimjam said:

Bummer hope it nothing serious.  Might get ugly for the wolfpack in FC.:D

It's a good thing. My funding is just required elsewhere for the remainder of the year.  And yeah, that won't be a pretty game. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Don't think UNLV tops 20K until BYU comes in 

1 hour ago, kalua pig said:

hawaii will have the biggest crowd.you already know cuz.

Hawaii will bring us over 20,000, but i think BYU brings more.

10 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I wish I could but I've had some issues come up that precvent any travel this year :(

7 minutes ago, jimjam said:

Bummer hope it nothing serious.  Might get ugly for the wolfpack in FC.:D

that's what his issue is.. probably. :P

7 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Hawaii will bring us over 20,000, but i think BYU brings more.

that's what his issue is.. probably. :P

Lol no it's not. 

42 minutes ago, jimjam said:

They might want to... Sports Authority is such a piece of crap.  

Mug, Looks like our game with the Nevada is close to sold out.  Hope you can make it out for the game.

Why? When was it built?

Never been there. Saw a number of game in the old "Mile High"

36 minutes ago, badfish said:

Both Aztec attendances were legit. Lots more eyes on our attendance, because of the Soccer City clowns and the Chargers gone.

are you saying sdsu manipulated attendance figures in the past?

5 minutes ago, kalua pig said:

are you saying sdsu manipulated attendance figures in the past?

Yes, like everyone else. We announced tickets sold/distributed. First 2 games this year, over 42k each, have been actual butts in seats.

8 minutes ago, badfish said:

Yes, like everyone else. We announced tickets sold/distributed. First 2 games this year, over 42k each, have been actual butts in seats.

did sdsu turn the lights out in the fourth?

1. I'm fine with the "Raw Numbers". Tickets Sold are tickets sold. That equates to dollars. Whether or not the person who bought the ticket decides to attend the game or not isn't relevant.

2. Because of our crappy tv deals, we're forced to play night games. (Sorry; but the majority of the country doesn't give a crap to watch a Mountain West team play on TV.) Yes, we make tv money, but that has a direct impact on ticket sales if a lot of the games are at 5:00pm or 8:00 PM. THAT is the real factor that creates a misleading towards attendance numbers.

3. Unless it's 2  of the top 2 teams from each division playing for the division lead, or the conference/division championship, you're not going to have a massive influx of ticket sales. Especially as mentioned in #3 if the games are night games.

4. Why can't we include our away games? Last week we had 100,000 attendees at the Air Force vs Michigan game. I'm sure at least 500 of them were air force fans. LOL!!!:rock:

27fb3675e6bf8bbd155cf063ad59994d.jpg

28 minutes ago, badfish said:

It doesn't matter, the environments have been great, and SD is taking to this team. 

16 minutes ago, fanhood said:

It doesn't matter, the environments have been great, and SD is taking to this team. 

Couldn't have asked for a better time for the chargers to leave. Back to back buzzworthy players, back to back top 25 teams, no questions about coach leaving or off season problems. Hope we keep this momentum going and really grow the fan base.

1 minute ago, badfish said:

Couldn't have asked for a better time for the chargers to leave. Back to back buzzworthy players, back to back top 25 teams, no questions about coach leaving or off season problems. Hope we keep this momentum going and really grow the fan base.

Definitely, all the stars seem to be aligning for SDSU. It's great to see your program have success. Hopefully you can make the access bowl this year.

4 minutes ago, bigd said:

Definitely, all the stars seem to be aligning for SDSU. It's great to see your program have success. Hopefully you can make the access bowl this year.

After decades of suffering with crappy Aztec, charger and padre teams, its great to be excited and happy to talk about sports in SD.

7 hours ago, namssa said:

Average Attendance figures 

San Diego State - 44,586  (2 games)

Fresno State - 39,447 (1 game)

Air Force - 37,286 (1 game)

Colorado State - 32,310 (2 games)

Boise State - 29,298 (2 games)

New Mexico - 26,951 (2 games)

Hawaii - 25,472 (1 game)

Wyoming - 24,095 (2 games)

Utah State - 19,638 (1 game)

Nevada - 17,506 (2 games)

UNLV - 15,667 (1 game)

San Jose State - 12,022 (2 games)

These numbers are misrepresentative.

Away games aren't relevant and imply an average..

New-Signature.jpg