Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DesVandal

BSU's GoFundMe page to fill the stands

14 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

I took my wife and 2 boys and it was a $500 day after food and a trip to the souvenir shop. Tickets were on the upper deck too. Not everyone can do that. 

Boise was top 20 in the nation in ticket prices a year or two ago. Not sure where they stand now.

That's what happens when you buy a house you can't afford. 

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

The Boise Uglies can be odd. But not a bad idea. 

It's a horrible idea.

Anyone who uses GoFundMe for plastic surgery, a new tattoo, a new car...  filling empty stadiums...

While funeral costs, hurricane victims and unexpected hospital bills are also in the lineup...

It's Bush League...

GoFundMe suffers from integrity issues because of their percentage take... and bull-shit causes... like help us fill our stadium.  

I see BSU's president gave $100 to the cause...

That just makes things weird...  the guy who has ran up the bill, and the cost of everything...  reaches deep into his pocket and gives $100.

His salary is $396,562.00.  So...  that's like $190 per hour... so he gave around a half hour of his wage...

How about a $1000.00 donation, Bob.

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! No, seriously HA! HA!

59 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

I took my wife and 2 boys and it was a $500 day after food and a trip to the souvenir shop. Tickets were on the upper deck too. Not everyone can do that. 

Boise was top 20 in the nation in ticket prices a year or two ago. Not sure where they stand now.

So basically, BSU is pricing fans out of the game. Seems like that is happening all over. :unsure:

1 hour ago, AndroidAggie said:

I see a lot of bleachers.

(I have no room to talk.  USU's attendance is abysmal.)

Actually, that was right at kick off at 6:00 pm on a Thursday.  People were still getting off of work.  The stands did fill up more but there were still some empty spots.

down in a hole.jpg

25 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

So basically, BSU is pricing fans out of the game. Seems like that is happening all over. :unsure:

And everyone wants to brag about their stadium size.

TV quality and every game being available is impacting the stadium experience.

Depending how old you are - there was a day when seeing a movie in the Theatre was the ultimate viewing of a new release.

There was no guarantee seeing whatever you want at home in your home theatre...  we never thought in a million years there would be every movie, tv show or game whenever we wanted.

Now there is...  so everytime a new movie comes out...  most people plan on The DVD release.

People don't want to spend the coin.

Football game cost>Movie Cost

Same thing is happening here.  

There is A Big Al' s in town that makes a BSU game day experience.  This place holds around 400-500 ppl...  it's always packed...  and provides one of the best Bronco game day experiences you can have.  Live Anthem, giant TV (seriously think ESPN Zone in Vegas)...  MC...  the whole shebang!

These people would rather watch the game at Big Al S than at the stadium.  The cost might eclipse the stadium...  it's not a cheap day... 

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! No, seriously HA! HA!

1 hour ago, IanforHeisman said:

Does Boise have different prices for Premium/Non Premium games?  I know that we have Tier 1 and Tier 2 pricing - which ranges from $20/$35 per seat to $50/$100 per seat.   This year, Stanford and Boise State are Tier 2 - so you'll pay more for those games than the other home games.  There are marketing deals for Family Packs, Group Sales, etc. - so we're not pricing families out of the game.  Either Boise's marketing really missed on the ticket pricing, or you're spending a lot of money at the bar and souvenirs (something we're probably all familiar with...).

Aztec-Nation-Banner2010-03.gif

4 minutes ago, Monty93 said:

Does Boise have different prices for Premium/Non Premium games?  I know that we have Tier 1 and Tier 2 pricing - which ranges from $20/$35 per seat to $50/$100 per seat.   This year, Stanford and Boise State are Tier 2 - so you'll pay more for those games than the other home games.  There are marketing deals for Family Packs, Group Sales, etc. - so we're not pricing families out of the game.  Either Boise's marketing really missed on the ticket pricing, or you're spending a lot of money at the bar and souvenirs (something we're probably all familiar with...).

I think they do but I don't think they raise it by much for the bigger games. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the cheapest non end zone seats are $65. 

2 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Yikes. Clearly the answer to this problem is a GoFundMe campaign. 

This is why I take my kid to FCS games. $25 gets both of us in, plus it's more kid-friendly because a game doesn't last 4 hours with the majority of the time nothing happening on the field.