Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nazi gets knocked the f out

56 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

There is no difference between fascism and nazism at it's core. They're both totalitarianism and there is little discernible difference. And advocating violence toward free speech is a symptom of that ugly disease, no matter what flavor you prefer. 

Can you show me where you repeated the same mistake?  

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

I think if anyone misunderstands basic rights, it's you. There is no right enumerated anywhere that says "you can punch out someone who says mean things". 

I guess using your rudimentary hillbilly logic, maybe it exists somewhere, but in the legal realm, it doesn't. 

Enumerated rights? Is the dude who punched the Nazi trying to push a law through Congress or something?

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

No you don't. If instead of punching that Nazi he took away his living you'd been fine with it. 

You don't seem to understand the difference between the two situations.

Kaepernick used his free speech right and no one assaulted him.  He is just suffering from NFL owners using their right of free association to not associate with him.   All people are having their rights respected.   If Kaepernick wants to start his own NFL team he has every right to do so.   He does not have a right of employment.  Even though NFL owners let him use ink they bought and paid for last year, he has no right to their pedestal.   He can buy his own pedestal if he wants.

The Nazi was assaulted for his free speech.   There is no doubt a crime was committed and in the name of fascism that you Happy, and almost everyone else on this board seems to be fine with.

You are all fascists and totally inconsistent in your beliefs.  You are fine with taking away the rights of others.  You are fine if the Nazi doesn't get to speak and you are fine if NFL owners don't have the same right of speech as Kaepernick.

You are no better than the left or right wing extremists in that you all seem to hate individual rights.

33 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Kaepernick used his free speech right and no one assaulted him.  He is just suffering from NFL owners using their right of free association to not associate with him.   All people are having their rights respected.   If Kaepernick wants to start his own NFL team he has every right to do so.   He does not have a right of employment.  Even though NFL owners let him use ink they bought and paid for last year, he has no right to their pedestal.   He can buy his own pedestal if he wants.

The Nazi was assaulted for his free speech.   There is no doubt a crime was committed and in the name of fascism that you Happy, and almost everyone else on this board seems to be fine with.

You are all fascists and totally inconsistent in your beliefs.  You are fine with taking away the rights of others.  You are fine if the Nazi doesn't get to speak and you are fine if NFL owners don't have the same right of speech as Kaepernick.

You are no better than the left or right wing extremists in that you all seem to hate individual rights.

Punching an irritating twat isn't fascism. It's just... punching an irritating twat. 

You're sure putting an enormous amount of political and constitutional import on... getting clocked. 

I mean Christ if you consider this fascism you might as well consider the rename any bar in America Eagle's Nest. 

As everyone has said... spur of the moment punch, it's something that happens in human interaction. Yeah, the puncher here was great at it and the punchee had a glass chin, but that's part of why the video was amusing instead of just two guys clumsily throwing haymakers in the general vicinity of each other. It's a misdemeanor and either a fine or what, a weekend in county lockup? 

If it was a coordinated assault, then yeah, it's worrying and troublesome. As we've all said. Multiple times. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

3 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Punching an irritating twat isn't fascism. It's just... punching an irritating twat. 

You're sure putting an enormous amount of political and constitutional import on... getting clocked. 

I mean Christ if you consider this fascism you might as well consider the rename any bar in America Eagle's Nest. 

As everyone has said... spur of the moment punch, it's something that happens in human interaction. Yeah, the puncher here was great at it and the punchee had a glass chin, but that's part of why the video was amusing instead of just two guys clumsily throwing haymakers in the general vicinity of each other. It's a misdemeanor and either a fine or what, a weekend in county lockup? 

If it was a coordinated assault, then yeah, it's worrying and troublesome. As we've all said. Multiple times. 

You still don't get it.

NFL owners have first amendment rights too.

Just now, bluerules009 said:

You still don't get it.

Nah, I get it. You're worried that this represents a trend of violence towards anyone who has a different political opinion which represents a restriction of the marketplace of ideas.

I don't buy it (yet). If there were a trend, sure, but goddamn yelling to a black guy about welfare while wearing a nazi band and after "harassing black passengers"? That's not political violence, that's "this punch might kill enough brain cells to make you less of an idiot" violence. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

29 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

My favorite part of this is when a punch to the face is worse than robbing a qualified man of his career because his speech offends some. You know, because things like the Hollywood blacklist were fun for everybody. Yep, no history of this ever becoming a problem. For the record, you'll notice that I am careful of how I articulate my thoughts on Kap. I don't consider the owners the main problem. I consider the mob who threatens those owners if they hire him the main culprits. But however you and Joe want to equivocate the issue is fine with me.  

BTW, if ever there was a law attempting to forbid the speech of that Nazi then I would be right there with you marching, as I would hope you would be by my side if ever there was a law passed trying to restrict the speech of somebody like Kap. Let's be clear. We are talking about the free speech principles of the First Amendment, not the actual First Amendment. Neither the NFL owners, flag-humping NFL fans, or random Nazi hater with a mean right cross, have the power alone to violate the First Amendment rights of anybody.

5 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I second this.

2 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Nah, I get it. You're worried that this represents a trend of violence towards anyone who has a different political opinion which represents a restriction of the marketplace of ideas.

I don't buy it (yet). If there were a trend, sure, but goddamn yelling to a black guy about welfare while wearing a nazi band and after "harassing black passengers"? That's not political violence, that's "this punch might kill enough brain cells to make you less of an idiot" violence. 

Exactly. Let's put this all in context. 

3 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

My favorite part of this is when a punch to the face is worse than robbing a qualified man of his career because his speech offends some. You know, because things like the Hollywood blacklist were fun for everybody. Yep, no history of this ever becoming a problem. For the record, you'll notice that I am careful of how I articulate my thoughts on Kap. I don't consider the owners the main problem. I consider the mob who threatens those owners if they hire him the main culprits. But however you and Joe want to equivocate the issue is fine with me.  

BTW, if ever there was a law attempting to forbid the speech of that Nazi then I would be right there with you marching, as I would hope you would be by my side if ever there was a law passed trying to restrict the speech of somebody like Kap. Let's be clear. We are talking about the free speech principles of the First Amendment, not the actual First Amendment. Neither the NFL owners, flag-humping NFL fans, or random Nazi hater with a mean right cross, have the power alone to violate the First Amendment rights of anybody.

Shhh. Depriving a man of his livelihood is certainly less of an injury than a single punch! It's not like the libertarian ethos of "life, liberty, property" would merit governmental protection of both if it merited protection of either!

Just now, Joe from WY said:

The first amendment. But you have no regard for that because you support fascist moves when people say things you don't like. 

Read the First Amendment again. I'm pretty sure that dude isn't in Congress.

2 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

This is no government hollywood blacklist.  There is no comparison, the government isn't involved.

You and happy just seem to think that NFL owners have less rights than the people they hire.   NFL owners have 1st amendment rights too and they own the ink Kaepernick was spending last year.   NFL owners  have no duty to associate or especially provide Kaepernick with employment and a pedestal to speak from.    

Comparing this to the Nazi is like comparing Oranges to Rifles, it has no relationship.   The Nazi is actually wronged.  Kaepernick has not been wronged.

The first amendment. But you have no regard for that because you support fascist moves when people say things you don't like. 

punching randos is fascist

the first amendment protects you from punches\

UF law school must SUCK

This is no government hollywood blacklist.  There is no comparison, the government isn't involved.

You and happy just seem to think that NFL owners have less rights than the people they hire.   NFL owners have 1st amendment rights too and they own the ink Kaepernick was spending last year.   NFL owners  have no duty to associate or especially provide Kaepernick with employment and a pedestal to speak from.    

Comparing this to the Nazi is like comparing Oranges to Rifles, it has no relationship.   The Nazi is actually wronged.  Kaepernick has not been wronged.

Well...

Kaep didn't hurt the owners in any way

The owners blacklisting (if it is real... to be frank the owners make enough retarded personnel decisions without politics being involved I'm unsure) Kaep costs him about 99% of his earning power

So, as you see, the situations are not equal

I'm pretty sure he's not either. But he has a right to his views, and a right to speak them, enshrined in the Constitution. 

He has the right to not be prosecuted by the law for them

Did that black guy flash a badge that I'm too slow to notice or something?

Yeah it's terrible. I'd much rather be making a middling income in some shithole like Casper with little to no life prospects. 

life prospects?

I mean... I'm alive

BTW, how's Gainsville, structurally?

Just now, happycamper said:

Well...

Kaep didn't hurt the owners in any way

The owners blacklisting (if it is real... to be frank the owners make enough retarded personnel decisions without politics being involved I'm unsure) Kaep costs him about 99% of his earning power

So, as you see, the situations are not equal

Kaepernick sure did hurt the owners.  He hurt their businesses in a very measurable way that continues this year.

Not that it matters, the NFL owners have a first amendment right to associate with whomever they want.   Kaepernick is not owed a job, and NFL owners have a right to free speech just like Kaepernick and if they want to express it by not hiring him that is their prerogative.

NFL owners have the same rights of free speech as Kaepernick.

Kaepernick has not been hurt monetarily, he is free to work for whomever will hire him or start his own football league.    

His rights do not supersede others rights.

Kaepernick sure did hurt the owners.  He hurt their businesses in a very measurable way that continues this year.

Yeah I'm gonna need a link on that. 

Not that it matters, the NFL owners have a first amendment right to associate with whomever they want.   Kaepernick is not owed a job, and NFL owners have a right to free speech just like Kaepernick and if they want to express it by not hiring him that is their prerogative.

NFL owners have the same rights of free speech as Kaepernick.

Okay, but Kaep is still hurt for his speech far more than anyone else has been. 

Kaepernick has not been hurt monetarily, he is free to work for whomever will hire him or start his own football league.    

Um

His rights do not supersede others rights.

So why do the owner's rights supersede his rights? Seriously? You're being exceptionally hypocritical, even for you

3 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

IDK. But you have a dim outlook on your future. 

I have a dim outlook on Casper. Hence why I don't exactly plan to live here forever. But, in the meanwhile, cost of living is cheap and restaurants are surprisingly good.