Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

badfish

I'll take Chapman over Golden Boy any day

8 minutes ago, sdsuphilip4 said:

It’s a troll, no need to pretend otherwise 

Nah I'll give props Penny and several other players on your team who are excellent. Chapman on the other hand is more of a product of the team around him than anyone else. That's not knocking SDSU at all. Your team is head and shoulders above any other MWC team right now. Everyone benefits from having a good player around them. I'm confident in saying Chapman would be absolutely terrible, and may not even be a starter on any other team in this conference. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

2 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Nah I'll give props Penny and several other players on your team who are excellent. Chapman on the other hand is more of a product of the team around him than anyone else. That's not knocking SDSU at all. Your team is head and shoulders above any other MWC team right now. Everyone benefits from having a good player around them. I'm confident in saying Chapman would be absolutely terrible, and may not even be a starter on any other team in this conference. 

You probably didn't watch Nevada v Idaho State then...

6 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

You'd be wrong.  He'd actually do really well in a spread offense.  He's a spread QB.

9 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

All he does is win.  All he does is make good decisions.  He's like the kid that played at Stanford for a few years in a row that nobody liked, who's now playing in the NFL.  I'm not saying he's an NFL guy, but he reminds me of him. 

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

6 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

All he does is win.  All he does is make good decisions.  He's like the kid that played at Stanford for a few years in a row that nobody liked, who's now playing in the NFL.  I'm not saying he's an NFL guy, but he reminds me of him. 

Had he gone to BYU or WSU, who both offered, he'd be putting up crazy passing numbers.  If you let him line up in the shotgun and read a defense he'd be carving people up.

It's his height that hurts him in our offense.  Our OL arent good enough pass blockers to give him throwing lanes.  His arm strength is fine.

11 minutes ago, k5james said:

Had he gone to BYU or WSU, who both offered, he'd be putting up crazy passing numbers.  If you let him line up in the shotgun and read a defense he'd be carving people up.

It's his height that hurts him in our offense.  Our OL arent good enough pass blockers to give him throwing lanes.  His arm strength is fine.

We haven't put up any crazy passing numbers in some time.  

If we're going to lose, I'd rather we lose while scoring a lot.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

23 minutes ago, k5james said:

Noodle arm. Put your Paint skills back to work. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

2 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Not a troll.

No, just ignorant. If you had watched Chapman much you would know that although he has a physically limited skill set, he's very mentally tough so in crunch time he's nails.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Throw out all of the stats used to establish QB value and focus on the only stats that matter - Back to back 11 win seasons, two straight conference title games and two straight dominant bowl wins against solid teams with more renowned QB's. Oh, one more thing to measure.......Turnover margin. Now tell me who is the guy you really want behind the Center??

2 hours ago, Willie Cee said:

Throw out all of the stats used to establish QB value and focus on the only stats that matter - Back to back 11 win seasons, two straight conference title games and two straight dominant bowl wins against solid teams with more renowned QB's. Oh, one more thing to measure.......Turnover margin. Now tell me who is the guy you really want behind the Center??

SDSU is tied for 7th in the nation in Turnover Margin.  UCLA is tied for 90th.  I guess you're saying that you'd rather have Chapman over Josh Rosen.

20 hours ago, badfish said:

Christian Chapman AKA "game manager"

67.6% completion rate

480 yards

7.1 yards per attempt

4TDs/1INT (on a Hail Mary to end the half)

QBR 143.4

Record: 3-0 with two PAC12 teams, one ranked #19, and the other on the road.

Josh "John Elway JR" Allan AKA "the best college prospect since Cam Newton"

56.3% completion rate

566 yards

5.9 yards per attempt

2TDS/3INTs and 1 fumble

QBR 106.4

Record: 1-2 with the win coming against a school of 5,000 students.

I'll stick with our too small, too weak armed QB any day. 

16-3 as a starter

2 MWC championships, 2 bowl wins

wins over: #19 Stanford, Houston, @ ASU, CAL, Cincinatti.

Ok lets switch teams and see how well Chapman holds up? Allen would tear it up if he had suds oline and Penny running behind him. 

10 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

SDSU is tied for 7th in the nation in Turnover Margin.  UCLA is tied for 90th.  I guess you're saying that you'd rather have Chapman over Josh Rosen.

Do you know what Rosen's stats are this year?

Let me help, 13 TD to 2 Int.

So are you saying that a 6.5 to 1 TD ratio is no good?

Just now, MWC said:

Do you know what Rosen's stats are this year?

Let me help, 13 TD to 2 Int.

So are you saying that a 6.5 to 1 TD ratio is no good?

No I'm not. And I wouldnt take Chapman over Josh Rosen as the poster I quoted would, based upon turnover margin.  And I wouldnt take Chapman to lead CSU's offense either.

41 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

Ok lets switch teams and see how well Chapman holds up? Allen would tear it up if he had suds oline and Penny running behind him. 

I wouldn't take Allen over Chapman for SDSU.  But I would take Allen over Chapman for Fresno.  Allen has way higher physical ability and would give a weaker team a better chance to pull an upset.  But, he doesn't play smart and would cost a strong team some games with bonehead decisions. 

As results have proven, Chapman is excellent for SDSU.

1 hour ago, Lobo Amor said:

I doubt it.  I don't think the staff would be cool with him going rogue as he is want to do.

3 hours ago, Willie Cee said:

And here we go.

I by no means that Chapman is the next Joe Namath, but I don't care.

I want a QB that wins.  Chapman wins...period.  Back to back 11 win season and 3-0 this year.  I have no complaints about Christian Chapman.

15 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Note: Turnover margin is only one of several attributes I cited. The others are wins and championships (one was head to head with the Wyoming QB) so yes, I am pretty happy with Chapman's production and therefore happy he is behind center. Rosen? irrelevant, I suppose I would rather have Tom Brady over Chapman, but what is the value of this sort of speculation?

18 hours ago, Willie Cee said:

Well, ya sold me. I'd love to have Rocky Long in charge of Wyoming's defense. 

15 hours ago, k5james said:

I doubt it.  I don't think the staff would be cool with him going rogue as he is want to do.

He wouldn't have to go rogue when he could throw to receivers who would... catch (and run the correct route and block, but hey, baby steps)

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.