Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

badfish

I'll take Chapman over Golden Boy any day

Christian Chapman AKA "game manager"

67.6% completion rate

480 yards

7.1 yards per attempt

4TDs/1INT (on a Hail Mary to end the half)

QBR 143.4

Record: 3-0 with two PAC12 teams, one ranked #19, and the other on the road.

Josh "John Elway JR" Allan AKA "the best college prospect since Cam Newton"

56.3% completion rate

566 yards

5.9 yards per attempt

2TDS/3INTs and 1 fumble

QBR 106.4

Record: 1-2 with the win coming against a school of 5,000 students.

I'll stick with our too small, too weak armed QB any day. 

16-3 as a starter

2 MWC championships, 2 bowl wins

wins over: #19 Stanford, Houston, @ ASU, CAL, Cincinatti.

LOL.  I'm feeling sorry for "The Chosen One".  He didn't do any self promoting, he didn't create the legend.  All he did was show up and do his best.  It was the media that put him in a place where even minor failure was inexcusable.  And boy did we have fun with that.  Believe me, I've had a lot of fun with that.

The truth is, there was never any way he could live up to the hype.  Not only was the hype too great, but it was evident back in February that he didn't have the tools at his disposal to repeat 2016's success.

I'm still a Josh Allen fan, I still think he's got NFL written all over him, and I still expect him to leave the CSU game on a stretcher.  Short term injury I sincerely hope.

10 hours ago, Headbutt said:

LOL.  I'm feeling sorry for "The Chosen One".  He didn't do any self promoting, he didn't create the legend.  All he did was show up and do his best.  It was the media that put him in a place where even minor failure was inexcusable.  And boy did we have fun with that.  Believe me, I've had a lot of fun with that.

The truth is, there was never any way he could live up to the hype.  Not only was the hype too great, but it was evident back in February that he didn't have the tools at his disposal to repeat 2016's success.

I'm still a Josh Allen fan, I still think he's got NFL written all over him, and I still expect him to leave the CSU game on a stretcher.  Short term injury I sincerely hope.

Even with all the interviews with him stating that the hype hasn't gotten to him, it is obvious that it has.  He is not playing like the gunslinger that got him the attention in the first place.  From what I can tell, he is overthinking every move during every play in hopes to not make a mistake instead just playing the game like he did last year.  This is not the same Josh Allen we all saw last year...

1 hour ago, PokeTransplant said:

Even with all the interviews with him stating that the hype hasn't gotten to him, it is obvious that it has.  He is not playing like the gunslinger that got him the attention in the first place.  From what I can tell, he is overthinking every move during every play in hopes to not make a mistake instead just playing the game like he did last year.  This is not the same Josh Allen we all saw last year...

I think he misses the guys he had last year.  Big drop off there.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

So would I. Allen’s accuracy issues, poor decision making, and making poor reads even when other WR’s are open is not because of the talent around him. He completed 49% of his passes in junior college, this is simply who he is. A big time athlete for his size with a big arm, that is poor to terrible in all other areas.

that being said not sure what is the point of this thread

12 hours ago, badfish said:

Christian Chapman AKA "game manager"

67.6% completion rate

480 yards

7.1 yards per attempt

4TDs/1INT (on a Hail Mary to end the half)

QBR 143.4

Record: 3-0 with two PAC12 teams, one ranked #19, and the other on the road.

Josh "John Elway JR" Allan AKA "the best college prospect since Cam Newton"

56.3% completion rate

566 yards

5.9 yards per attempt

2TDS/3INTs and 1 fumble

QBR 106.4

Record: 1-2 with the win coming against a school of 5,000 students.

I'll stick with our too small, too weak armed QB any day. 

16-3 as a starter

2 MWC championships, 2 bowl wins

wins over: #19 Stanford, Houston, @ ASU, CAL, Cincinatti.

Lol

If anything proves how important the skill positions and line are to a qb, it would be Wyoming 2016 to 2017. You'd have to be a football retard to not see it.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

35 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Chapman is a noodle arm nobody with a ton of talent to complement him. 

He certainly doesn't have the best arm in the conference, but it's not the worst either. Putting that aside he is the best decision maker at the QB position in the conference and it's not even close. 

If Rypien and Allen took the hits that Chapman takes making throws in pro-sets and on play action they would be out at half time or faking injuries like Allen seems to do after every bad decision now...just sayin.

Just now, AztecSU said:

If Rypien and Allen took the hits that Chapman takes making throws in pro-sets and on play action they would be out at half time or faking injuries like Allen seems to do after every bad decision now...just sayin.

Rypien maybe

If Chapman had Allen's line, RB stable, and WR corp...

he'd probably say f it and transfer. Jesus Christ I knew we were in trouble when we had more guys get on 53 man rosters in 1 year than we had in the previous 10 but the cupboard is BARE. I'd be surprised if Allen also weren't the best WR on the team right now too. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

15 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Rypien maybe

If Chapman had Allen's line, RB stable, and WR corp...

he'd probably say f it and transfer. Jesus Christ I knew we were in trouble when we had more guys get on 53 man rosters in 1 year than we had in the previous 10 but the cupboard is BARE. I'd be surprised if Allen also weren't the best WR on the team right now too. 

I agree with your opening sentence.  It is why it's near unanimous in Aztecland that he is a game manager.  And he is doing great in his role.  The responsibilities between Chap and Allen are vastly different.  But the supporting talent indeed dictates the success for both.  

Chapman has ice in his veins and makes clutch plays.  I wasn't sure about him when he took over at QB to start the MWC Championship as a true freshman.  But now? This guy is so cool he should have his own theme music.

Not to disparage St. Josh of Laramie - he's a hell of a player.  This year's performance is more of an indication of the talented players that were lost than his abilities.  Allen's only "weakness" is his Favre-like tendency to try to make incredible passes that have a high likelihood of getting picked off.  But when those incredible passes connect? Damn.  

If you gave Allen back a solid, experienced o-line with a great RB and some receivers, his numbers would likely be at or above last year's. 

Aztec-Nation-Banner2010-03.gif