Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

Aztecs, You're In! #22, #25

2 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

they got more in the AP poll, I think. edit, no, none.

but the coaches poll has USF#17. Why??

They good

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

8 minutes ago, Warbow said:

They good

yes, but that good?

they beat Illinois, who was projected to get 2 wins, stony brook, and sjsu. the aztecs have played much better competition. that's just too big of a spread from #17-#25.

11 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

yes, but that good?

they beat Illinois, who was projected to get 2 wins, stony brook, and sjsu. the aztecs have played much better competition. that's just too big of a spread from #17-#25.

At this point in the season, the eyeball test means more than the spreadsheet IMO.  USF fails both, again just my opinion.  Remember that the coaches poll is usually handled by some grad assistant.  This will correct itself over time.

Let me put it this way.  There is no question in my mind that SDSU is the best team in the conference right now and are better than CSU.   However, I would take CSU over USF in a heartbeat.  They are not that good and should not be top 40.

SDSU belongs in the top 25, USF does not.

1 hour ago, 4UNLV said:

they got more in the AP poll, I think. edit, no, none.

but the coaches poll has USF#17. Why??

It's the time zones.  Most likely none of the east coast coaching staffs were awake to watch our game to completion.  They're the ones who are supposed to recommend what they see.  Coaches don't have the time to watch games.  That's why I think the coaches poll is such a farce.  

Yep last year we were rated three time but two times we lost the next game. It is where you finish and lots of football left. Or defense is pretty nasty no question about that.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche