Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SLCPoke

SDSU

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Great no, but definitely solid overall I'll agree with that. And great in a couple ways: building mental toughness and physical toughness. The team we had before Rocky came as DC in 2009 was soft as a baby's butt and would have lost to Stanford 50-something to 7.

Rocky reminds me of Pat right down to the annual WTF game.   Hope that game is us or if not us you get in.

3 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Unlikely = less than a 50-50 chance and I'm a bit more optimistic but not much.

The way Rocky has dominated AF and the way the players spoke immediately after last night's game about the Falcons, although I think we'll be tested, we won't lose that one. NIU I'm much less sure about. After starting 4-0 and having beaten the Huskies easier than the 2-TD margin showed last year, I can see us going in a bit cocky and NIU coach Carey has finally figured out that QB Ryan Graham is awful and has replaced him with a half decent guy actually capable of making plays. Add that they will have two weeks to prepare and right now, I'd put the point spread in that one at only SDSU -3.

I mean it's unlikely we run the table through the season till bowl game. I like our chances of beating NIU and AFA

10 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

I still say BSU is the most likely to win out. There's to much talent on your roster, and Harsin will figure out the formula, and putting the best Broncos on the field. 

Tecs without a doubt have the best RB in the league, but imo, BSU has the best overall athletes. Only time will tell though. But again... my money is on the Broncos.

Unfortunately Harsin coaches not to lose instead of coaches to win. He has a fear-based mentality. Rocky has balls of steel.

15 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Harsin is 1-0 vs. Long.

38-29 in 2014.

The 2014 team was SDSU's worst in the last eight years. We would up playing in the Infamous Potato Bowl whereas you went to the Fiesta Bowl yet you only beat us by 9 on your idiotic blue carpet. So that game sure proved that Harsin is a better coach than Rocky.

Boom goes the dynamite.

On 9/17/2017 at 11:08 AM, BSUTOP25 said:

Boise State has no offensive line. Without the ability to run the ball or provide a pocket for the QB, there's no way Boise State will win the conference much less make it to an NY6 game. Our best bet as a conference is to have SDSU play for all the marbles. 

You got 10x the Oline my Pokes have.  Sheesh, it's painful to watch

The World Needs More Cowboys!

4 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

The 2014 team was SDSU's worst in the last eight years. We would up playing in the Infamous Potato Bowl whereas you went to the Fiesta Bowl yet you only beat us by 9 on your idiotic blue carpet. So that game sure proved that Harsin is a better coach than Rocky.

Head-to-head doesn't matter, so how about:

Winning Percentage at current school: Harsin  .767, Long .687

Bowl wins: Harsin (2 in 3 years), Long (3 in 6 years)

Record vs. P5 teams: Harsin (5-3), Long (4-8)

Conference championships: Harsin (1 in 3 years), Long (2 in 6 years)

Or are we just basing this whole argument on one good home game against a possibly overrated Pac-12 team?

11 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Or are we just basing this whole argument on one good home game against a possibly overrated Pac-12 team?

Indeed, Harsin took over a national power under perfect conditions while Rocky took over a up and coming program. We will know more about Harsin when he gets his own guys (and now a decent amount of his 2 deep are his guys i'd think).

If you are going to complain about making the argument based on 1 game (which would indeed be silly) then please don't ignore context and consider basic logic

4 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I can't believe you're arguing that Harsin is the better coach. This morning my 5 year old asked me what stubborn meant. I will show her your posts defending Harsin as exhibit A.

5 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

For the most part Harsin inherited Peterson's program.  The last couple of years doesn't appear he's sustaining it.  Some of your own honks seem to have questions about that too.

OTOH Rocky had to continue building after Hoke started it.  The wins in the above stats actually occurred during the last couple years.  We finally have a program now and it should get stronger.    

Regardless of what either of us does before Oct 14th, we'll see who's going up and who's going down on that day. 

i never get too worked up after three games happy to have wins. Aztecs sure to have a good season but I will wait until midseason before I do cartwheels.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche