fanhood

Long may they reign

3 hours ago, fanhood said:

After winning two straight conference championships, and going 16-2 in the conference, I figured that people here would be able to acknowledge that San Diego State is the premier program in this conference. However, some people refuse to acknowledge that fact, point to the Mountain Division, say we have not won a big game etc. Well, our record against the "SEC Mountain" is just as good as it is against the "West," we now have three straight wins against Pac 12 opponents, and are truly the only program that is still on the rise. The strange thing is, we are very very young, and our best days are in front of us.

I really like this conference. It needs to get better. We have raised the bar, and you all need to follow suit. But for now, I think you all need to kneel and kiss the ring. Enjoy your Sunday. 

Please STFU.

Thanks

• Haha 1

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

It helps the conference as a whole when our teams can win OOC games. I'm ALWAYS rooting for MWC teams during this time of the year. It's unfortunate BSU lost their starting QB during the WSU game; I really thought they had that won. Haven't been able to watch WYO much but it seems like the national exposure that Allen received at the beginning of the season perhaps has put too much pressure on him. CSU had a tough loss against CU. SDSU's recent success is just that - recent. Here's hoping that more teams can come join us with "recent" success of their own. 

Now that conference games are starting, we can go back to the normal competitive chatter and insults that one expects from interleague play. So I will be the first to say "I hope we crush you all!" :)

39 minutes ago, fanhood said:

you can kneel as well if you would like.

WTF is the purpose of the OP other than to show everyone here that you're a clueless dick, utterly lacking in self awareness? 

There are better ways of working through your feelings of inadequacy without reflecting poorly on the Aztec fan base.

• Like 4

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

4 hours ago, fanhood said:

After winning two straight conference championships, and going 16-2 in the conference, I figured that people here would be able to acknowledge that San Diego State is the premier program in this conference. However, some people refuse to acknowledge that fact, point to the Mountain Division, say we have not won a big game etc. Well, our record against the "SEC Mountain" is just as good as it is against the "West," we now have three straight wins against Pac 12 opponents, and are truly the only program that is still on the rise. The strange thing is, we are very very young, and our best days are in front of us.

I really like this conference. It needs to get better. We have raised the bar, and you all need to follow suit. But for now, I think you all need to kneel and kiss the ring. Enjoy your Sunday. 

And your key point fanhood...

This Aztec team is still so young.  Real young.  The league gets at least 3 more years of what they are seeing right now.

Now, this doesn't mean we can't get beat, but saying that we are the kings right now and will be for at least 3 more years.  (and probably more)

• Facepalm 1

24 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

WTF is the purpose of the OP other than to show everyone here that you're a clueless dick, utterly lacking in self awareness? 

There are better ways of working through your feelings of inadequacy without reflecting poorly on the Aztec fan base.

Irony 

• Super-Mega Idiot 1

35 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

We bow to no one, there are still 9 games to play and  come Nov 24th bring it. Congrats on your win but its only one game. You guys are an injury to Penny away from being a mediocre offense. 

Juwan Washinton says hi.

5 minutes ago, k5james said:

Irony 

I don't that word means whay you think it means, unsurprisingly.

• Haha 1

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

TBH ... part of me is gratified when a few of the Aztec Faithful post their over the top musings about our place in the conference and our positive development as a program. If not for the "cautious optimism" that comes with being a San Diego Sports fan, more of us would be like them.

Another part of me is embarrassed by the over-the-top, jimmie rustlin' nature of their posts. It's good to know that most of you recognize that they are a small, albeit vocal minority of our fans.

I may not be as "fanatical" as they are, but they do make salient points from time to time -- often lost in that cloak of TSDSUF style.

Until we are counted among the giants (P5), I'll take being the tallest midget.

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

2 hours ago, Scooter said:

SDSU is the premier football program in this conference.  pretty easy to see that.

I would love a CSU/SDSU champ game this year.  Would be a great game I think.

Glad to see we agree. CSU will challenge us for sure. 

• Super-Mega Idiot 1

53 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Shame....

• Facepalm 1

17 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

He's not on the level that Penny is, not even close. 

When are you guys going to realize that the h-backs excel at SDSU because of our O-line and Fullbacks -- by November they will be refined and even our 3rd string H-back will be killing it.

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

8 minutes ago, HighNTight_SD said:

When are you guys going to realize that the h-backs excel at SDSU because of our O-line and Fullbacks -- by November they will be refined and even our 3rd string H-back will be killing it.

We'll ve a bette team too. We are more talented than last year, especially on defense. We just haven't played a lot together and are still building chemistry. Injuries aside we should both be rolling and playing for something to make for an interesting game. 

No one really cares about SDSU on a national level until you do something similar to what the Utes did. Hell, no one even gave a sh*t about Utah after they beat overrated Pittsburgh. It took them beating an uninterested Alabama for people to take notice, and people took notice because it was Alabama in a BCS game. Beating AAC teams in bowls and mediocre Pac-12 teams in the regular season isn't going to make the Aztecs some national powerhouse. If you want recognition you actually have to step up and beat an elite power team in a huge bowl. The establishment still considers SDSU irrelevant, that is if they even consider you at all. You're pretty much invisible. 

But hey, enjoy that third MWC championship. 

3 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

We'll ve a bette team too. We are more talented than last year, especially on defense. We just haven't played a lot together and are still building chemistry. Injuries aside we should both be rolling and playing for something to make for an interesting game. 

All fine points ... but don't address the response that inferred that without Penny we got nuhtin'.

Same old response from you all ... without Hillman, Muema, Pumphrey, Penny etc.

Behind each one was either a very capable backup like Kazee or next years feature back whose job was made a lot easier in either case by an O-Line that has always cleared a hole and a Fullback that has always kept it that way.

• Like 2

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

40 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

He's not on the level that Penny is, not even close. 

But there is more behind Juwan Washington.

Trust me...the Aztecs are very deep at running back including Redshirts.