Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Idaho State at Nevada

21 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

It is way too early to tell 3 games in but if the guy you're hiring isn't a marked improvement over the one you just fired, you don't make the hire.  I felt this way about Nevada and San Jose hires.

The guy has no track record though.  That's the point I'm trying to make.  I wouldn't be saying what I am right now if he was actually successful as a coordinator.  They hired him as a position coach.  When Charlie Strong doesn't even want you, that tells me a lot.

23 minutes ago, NWRebel said:

Cannon is going to be beautiful in red again.  

Mike Bronson heard that they are playing for the Canon this year.  It is an ink jet model picked up at a government surplus auction.  

The MWC... it seems like they're getting somewhere but not getting anywhere.

7 minutes ago, Mike Bronson said:

Mike Bronson heard that they are playing for the Canon this year.  It is an ink jet model picked up at a government surplus auction.  

Sometimes Mike Bronson fails miserably at humor.

2 minutes ago, kalua pig said:

this nevada loss is bigger than unlv losing to howard.

You need to kill some chickens for us.  We have some bad football mojo right now. We've had 3 turnovers in 3 games reveresed by shitty officiating.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

9 minutes ago, mugtang said:

You need to kill some chickens for us.  We have some bad football mojo right now. We've had 3 turnovers in 3 games reveresed by shitty officiating.  

Dare I ask ? 

When does basketball season start........

I must apologise to the conference for this debacle.  It doesn't matter the circumstances.  There is no excuse for tonight's loss.  I have never called for a coach's head this early in a tenure, until now.  Norvell is supposedly an offensive guy, and Nevada's offence hasn't been this inept since the Tormey days.  It would be a waste of brainpower to come up with a descriptor for how bad this was.  Play calling, execution, all of it.  Horrendous.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

5 minutes ago, bornsilverandblue said:

I must apologise to the conference for this debacle.  It doesn't matter the circumstances.  There is no excuse for tonight's loss.  I have never called for a coach's head this early in a tenure, until now.  Norvell is supposedly an offensive guy, and Nevada's offence hasn't been this inept since the Tormey days.  It would be a waste of brainpower to come up with a descriptor for how bad this was.  Play calling, execution, all of it.  Horrendous.

What's this "air raid" offence I've heard about?

33 passes and 56 rushes? Air Raid my ass.

9 minutes ago, renoskier said:

What's this "air raid" offence I've heard about?

33 passes and 56 rushes? Air Raid my ass.

What Matt Mumme is calling has no resemblance to the Hal Mumme-Mike Leach Air Raid.  That was Tormey conservative tonight.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg