Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LaradiseCowboy

Oregon at Wyoming

2 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

Welp, can't say it's been fun. Guess it's not a big deal that I have to work tonight.

@madmartigan I'll PM you after the game.

Roger that. Tough loss, man. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

That was a horrible game.  

Right now Allen would be lucky to be drafted before the 5th round.  He has not looked good at all, in all 3 games.  He's had some good moments but way more bad moments.  A big part of it was his receivers, but he has not displayed the same confidence and swagger he had last year.  Even the first game at Iowa, just didn't look the same.  I hope he didn't get caught up in all the media hype.  But to be fair,the Pokes having 3rd and long every series makes it very tough. 

The way Pokes are playing, they'll be lucky to win 4 more games this year.  They are not looking like a well coached team and just don't have any playmakers offensively. 
This offense looks like the one from 2 years ago with Kirkegaard.  Woeful.  

Next weeks game is going to be a lot tougher than expected.  This team is going to have to get better quick.  

Just a few of the things I'm thankful for, had confirmed and learned by Wyoming's loss to Oregon.

• I'm thankful I sold my tickets to the Oregon game and didn't make the 1900 mile round trip to Laramie.  After watching how bad the Cowboy's offense was against Iowa and how improved over last season the Ducks looked in their first 2 games I decided to sell my tickets.  I knew the game wouldn't be competitive.  Although, I didn't foresee the level of offensive ineptitude that was on display yesterday.  I thought it would be bad but it was orders of magnitude worse than bad :(.
  • My doubt in Wyoming's ability to adequately replace last years trio of receivers, pair of running backs and O-line center was officially confirmed.  I was hoping the Iowa game was an abberation (first game jitters on the road) and that the offense had gained some confidence last week (FCS opponent notwithstanding) but alas was not the case.  Josh Allen has absolutely no offensive weapons at his disposal.  He's well aware of this fact and he's playing tight and with far less confidence than last season.
  • I learned that Wyoming is back to sub .500 status.  I hope it's temporary as there are still very few senior starters on this years team but looking ahead there's little to no chance for a winning season.

If there is any positive from this game it's that the Josh Allen's early 1st round draft discussion/hype is over.  In fact, barring a total turn around in conference play Josh will be back wearing a Wyoming jersey in 2018-19.  He still has the raw talents and size the NFL looks for but he needs more experience to consistently handle big game pressure.  Perhaps things came too easily last season.  A year where Josh has to play within himself, learn to take what the opponents defense gives him and has to work every single day to make himself and his teamates better might just be the best thing for his dream to play in the NFL.