Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pokebball

Baseball fans

Who takes the wildcard spots in the NL?  My heart wants the Rockies and Cardinals.  The Fathers have the biggest say in the Rockies making it, which I think is a good thing for the Rockies.  The Cubbies make or break it for the Cards.  And the Giants have a big say in Arizona making it, which probably favors Arizona.  The DBs haven't played well the past few weeks though, so I can see them slipping.  The Beer Drinkers are certainly are certainly in the mix and have a favorable home schedule remaining.  The Cubbies and Pirates will have to win their series with the Brewers to knock them out, me thinks.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

It will be Arizona and Colorado for the wildcard spots.  The cubs will win their Division they are about 1 game ahead of Colorado record wise now, and 3 up on the cards and brewers - Cubs have 11 games against the brewers and Cardinals, and the brewers and cards play each other 3 or 4 times, so those teams will all beat up on each other.  As long as Colorado wins a few they won't be caught for wild card.  Arizona has a large enough lead they would have to collapse to not make it.  They are 7.5 games up on cards and brewers with 15 to play.

Cubs Cardinals starts in about an hour...

Go Cubs!

God is a Cowboy

WYO.jpg

2 hours ago, nirv117 said:

It will be Arizona and Colorado for the wildcard spots.  The cubs will win their Division they are about 1 game ahead of Colorado record wise now, and 3 up on the cards and brewers - Cubs have 11 games against the brewers and Cardinals, and the brewers and cards play each other 3 or 4 times, so those teams will all beat up on each other.  As long as Colorado wins a few they won't be caught for wild card.  Arizona has a large enough lead they would have to collapse to not make it.  They are 7.5 games up on cards and brewers with 15 to play.

Cubs Cardinals starts in about an hour...

Go Cubs!

Card 1

Cubs 0

Top 4th 

Unless there is a major change in how things are going, which they really haven't for a month or so, it will be Arizona against Colorado in the one game playoff. There is still time for that to change but standings wise, things have been stable for a bit.

Let's Go Dodgers! B)

Image result for LA logo

Brewers closed to 3.5 yesterday with a win on the Cubs' final off day of the season. 

The Brew Crew has to play close to .700 baseball down the stretch, and the Cubs have to do close to the inverse for them to close the gap... and the Cubs are back to playing very good baseball at just the right time. 

The Brewers could certainly close the Rockies for the second wildcard spot with the way that both teams have been playing lately.

I really don't think it matters who gets the second WC spot at this point in time, as whoever it is will likely get rolled by the DBacks. I also think the DBacks will take the Dodgers down in the NLDS, could be wishful thinking because I hate them so much, but I just don't think the Dodgers match up well against the DBacks. 

I think we'll see an NLCS of Cubs vs. DBacks, and as much as it pains me to say it, I think the DBacks head to the World Series as the NL representative. We just don't match up well against them with the way they're playing at the moment. We took the season series 4-2, but I don't feel good about facing them in the playoffs. I really don't feel good about playing the Dodgers there either. I think we're a good foil to the Nationals in the playoffs, especially with Dusty as their manager. 

World Series pick as things stand right now is Indians vs. Diamondbacks, Indians in 5. 

MLB Home Run record will be broken today:

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlbs-single-season-home-run-record-is-likely-to-fall-tuesday-night/

The single-season home run record is likely to fall Tuesday night and will undoubtedly be shattered before the end of the regular season. Sixteen homers is all it'll take the tie the previous record. That should happen before the West Coast games begin Tuesday.

Here are the five highest single-season home run totals in baseball history:

1. 2000: 5,693
  2. 2017: 5,677 (and counting)
  3. 2016: 5,610
  4. 1999: 5,528
  5. 2001: 5,458

There have been 1.26 home runs per team per game this season -- so that's 2.52 homers per game between the two teams -- which is far and away the highest rate in history. The current record is 1.17 homers per team per game in 2000.