Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Trump, Pelosi & Schumer reach deal on DACA recipients

33 minutes ago, brillio said:

I'm sorry mug, but board rules clearly state that any and all threads about trump must be started solely by jack. Please delete this. 

Sorry. I'll let the board owner know about this major infraction of the board rules. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Hmmmm who here is Faust?  Sounds like like both sides working together.

I don't think it's the side he meant, but one side appears to have exchanged their loyal base for good press in the short term.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/09/13/daca-amnesty-deal-explodes-twitter/

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I don't think it's the side he meant, but one side appears to have exchanged their loyal base for good press in the short term.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/09/13/daca-amnesty-deal-explodes-twitter/

The alt right may not forgive Trump for failing to drag English-fluent kids away from school and jobs to deportation centers 

Immigrant activists and Latinos in the Democratic Party may forgive the Dems for avoiding the worst case outcome 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

2 hours ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

The alt right may not forgive Trump for failing to drag English-fluent kids away from school and jobs to deportation centers 

Immigrant activists and Latinos in the Democratic Party may forgive the Dems for avoiding the worst case outcome 

Hence one is Faust and the other a monk.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CONGRESS_IMMIGRATION?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-09-14-07-08-55

"Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military, really?" Trump wrote. "They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at a young age. Plus BIG border security."

This is going through. Trump is going to get mad throughout the day about the backlash and double down. 

7 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

When I first typed it I meant the Dems, but upon reflection it works well both ways. I just find it hard to believe Trump would do this to his base. They've been so loyal.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

Just now, Old_SD_Dude said:

When I first typed it I meant the Dems, but upon reflection it works well both ways. I just find it hard to believe Trump would do this to his base. They've been so loyal.

Well...he is stupid.

After all his supporters have overlooked it would be quite ironic if Trump loses his base for not deporting children who have never known another home other than the US.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

1 hour ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Trump has repeatedly shown to his cabinet that the only loyalty that matters is loyalty to him. It's a one way street. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

I seem to be missing something I guess and it seems like a pretty obvious problem.

How can Trump and Schumer and Pelosi make any kind of deal that means anything?   They can't even introduce a bill on the house floor without Ryan.  The Senate won't even debate a bill without McConnell.

This seems like me and 3 other guys deciding how to run this website.  Without @mugtang being included in the discussion.

2 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

I seem to be missing something I guess and it seems like a pretty obvious problem.

How can Trump and Schumer and Pelosi make any kind of deal that means anything?   They can't even introduce a bill on the house floor without Ryan.  The Senate won't even debate a bill without McConnell.

This seems like me and 3 other guys deciding how to run this website.  Without @mugtang being included in the discussion.

I don't think you are missing anything. Is it possible that the president doesn't understand how government works, and that the minority leaders are eager to pin him to a position? I honestly have no idea.

However, if you want to get together with me and some other poster to overthrow @mugtang, I'm in. Viva La Revolucion!!!

2 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

I also am missing what the Democrats are gaining from this. If they wanted to be smart IMO they would deal directly with Ryan and get a veto-proof bill passed. Then they can spin that into being a "rebuke" for Trump. Come election time Trump, and by extension for your 30% of super uninformed swing voters, the Republicans look weak and impotent. 

Maybe it's just that Schumer and Pelosi are the policy-incompetent snakes they seem to be?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.