Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IanforHeisman

Was that the ultimate choke?

Couldn't even look at this page until today.. 31-10. Gift pick 6, punt hits dude in his head.. I'm sure this has been re hashed 100 times but don't wanna look at the game thread. 

But I'll be honest, I feel better about this team than I did in the preseason. It's dysfunctional but they're young and the D is really good.

3 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

Couldn't even look at this page until today.. 31-10. Gift pick 6, punt hits dude in his head.. I'm sure this has been re hashed 100 times but don't wanna look at the game thread. 

But I'll be honest, I feel better about this team than I did in the preseason. It's dysfunctional but they're young and the D is really good.

lol 

that was a big choke but there are far, far worse chokes even within this conference's history.  

shit, look at fresno pissing away a 31-0 second quarter lead last year.

2 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

lol 

that was a big choke but there are far, far worse chokes even within this conference's history.  

shit, look at fresno pissing away a 31-0 second quarter lead last year.

I told myself when we're up 24-10 that one more score and we will win. Weaver gets a pick 6 and I'm already celebrating a road win over a top 20 P5 team. That phukking pick 6 flip was the worst.

Id rather get blown out than have the lead for 58 minutes.

4 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Yeah, I feel pretty good about the team. The OL is still a concern, but they are young and should get better with playing time. There are so many young guys on defense making big plays. The secondary, which was a big concern going into the season, is playing great. I still have a concern about the depth at LB. Currently, the backups at all three LB spots is a FR, but they've looked good when in there. 

10 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

I can think of a certain game in Reno that had much more on the line when it was choked away. :hmmm:

The way it happened was just so weird.. The pick 6 almost looked on purpose, all he had to do was take the sack and let time run off. How often does a punt hit a guy in such a crucial moment. 

We shut down the air raid and knock out one of the best QB's(supposedly) in the country and his backup is better than the starter. Everything bad that could happen in the final 8 minutes happened.

12 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Not everything Boise does is the greatest ever. This isn't even the greatest Boise choke job. Brotzman. 

IMG_4619.JPG

That Nevada game came down to a choke kicker, its forgivable.  The WSU game was a coaching melt down, thats worse.  You can expect 20 year olds to screw up under pressure but there are supposed to be adults on the sideline to manage the game and thats where we failed this time.  

3 minutes ago, easybronc said:

That Nevada game came down to a choke kicker, its forgivable.  The WSU game was a coaching melt down, thats worse.  You can expect 20 year olds to screw up under pressure but there are supposed to be adults on the sideline to manage the game and thats where we failed this time.  

The Nevada game was coaching failure.   

If BSU ran the ball one time instead of throwing it in the second half.  The game is never tied and BSU wins in regulation.  

Neither Petersen or Harsin have any clue how to finish a game that is won.

21 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

Wouldn't say choke.  But one of the worst coaching performances I have seen.  Your coaches were again over matched.  Too bad for those kids.  

Reminded me of the game when we were @ Boise and up 20-0, but once Boise scored once, you knew we were going to lose. That game snowballed like this one did.

12 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

The Nevada game was coaching failure.   

If BSU ran the ball one time instead of throwing it in the second half.  The game is never tied and BSU wins in regulation.  

Neither Petersen or Harsin have any clue how to finish a game that is won.

Peterson is going to go down as one of the winningest coaches in college football history. Don't be an idiot. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

59 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Peterson is going to go down as one of the winningest coaches in college football history. Don't be an idiot. 

College football success is about recruiting and managing kids.

Petersen is good at that.

Not so good at defending a basic high school option offense or defending a lead.

If you can't handle the facts you are the idiot.

9 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

College football success is about recruiting and managing kids.

Petersen is good at that.

Not so good at defending a basic high school option offense or defending a lead.

If you can't handle the facts you are the idiot.

You care to tell what his record was when leading by 21 points? Sure, he lost a few games against option teams, but what was his overall record? Again, don't be an idiot. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg