Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Morgan

Kudos To Fresno State

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jiddump said:

Fish, Sparta's favorite dish

#MWchamps #BannerSeason 

That chick has some serious penis envy...

Which lakenos that? Berryessa? They have a solid Kokanee fishery there...

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

4 hours ago, creeper86 said:

OK, OK, sorry to steer this off course... .great 30 point loss Fresno

Image result for golf clap gif

Work is done... and you're right Babs, obviously I'm a teacher, now if I could just get you kids to learn something here...

Hey, it was 31 points,  and don't you forget it! 

Man, the hate is strong around here. First of all, thanks to the Boise fans for sticking up for me. Those that have been around a while know that I've been a die hard Fresno State fan for many years.

I might come off as negative, but that's because we literally have never gotten "over the hump" after coming so close...it's like we're cursed. In 2001, we were what everyone was talking about..only to lose back to back conference games and out of BCS Bowl contention. 4 years later, we are on the verge of doing it again..only to lose 3 straight conference games after the USC showdown. The next year...we fall off the map and Boise makes it to the Fiesta Bowl. The following year, we had a good season...while Hawaii goes to a BCS Bowl. That's TWO WAC teams in a BCS Bowl, besides Fresno State.

'08, '09, '10, '11, '12....all mediocre seasons with crappy bowl losses (our last bowl win was almost 10 years ago, let that sink in). 2013 season kicks in, awesome, Carr is at his peak and we're ready to win some games...everything is going great...and them BOOM. Beat by a San Jose State that finished the season 6-6. Okay, still no big deal because we get a chance at USC in a bowl...and BOOM...lose by 20.

I've been very happy about many things..our wins against bigger schools, ranked schools, and playing hard against good teams like TAMU and Oregon..but it gets OLD being happy for those things when we were capable of doing so much more...it's just the negative will always out weigh the positives with me because I was there as a fan when Fresno State was the mid-major model for other schools, only to fall into a downward spiral of ups and downs and never getting back on track.

Whether we like to admit it or not, at one time Boise State looked up to Fresno State, like many other smaller programs...now, we're looking up to them.

And that will bother me for many years to come.

And every time I think we might be back on track, we are back to square one....

1MXnKMV.jpg

Thanks for the real talk here, ZK. You may be the only sane FS poster with intelligent perspective. Most posters here avoid FS football talk altogether (not very football knowledgeable) or deflect by pointing to other program's issues. Here's to hoping FS can pull out of the gutter soon and even compete again with their rival. #ZKkeepsitreal #FS'sBabs

1 hour ago, creeper86 said:

Thanks for the real talk here, ZK. You may be the only sane FS poster with intelligent perspective. Most posters here avoid FS football talk altogether (not very football knowledgeable) or deflect by pointing to other program's issues. Here's to hoping FS can pull out of the gutter soon and even compete again with their rival. #ZKkeepsitreal #FS'sBabs

Just gonna point out the irony here and go back to my drinking.  Cheers. 

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648