Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Morgan

Kudos To Fresno State

1 hour ago, Mike Morgan said:

Watched some of your game yesterday. Your defense hits harder and tackles better than they have in a long time.

Thanks. To be fair that was only against Alabama, the real test will be how they do against an elite donk team.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

I was certainly impressed with the physicality on defense... it's something that has been sorely missed for a long time. The last few years of Hill and then obviously DeRuyter's teams were horrible in that aspect... arm tackles everywhere. 

2 hours ago, Dogday63 said:

Are they going to be playing the 2009 donks? 

@halfmanhalfbronco is a good one...one of few donks that don't wear their blue shades in the dark.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

4 hours ago, Dogs4Me said:

@halfmanhalfbronco is a good one...one of few donks that don't wear their blue shades in the dark.

Weird to think we have been bantering for over a decade.  I like my team, don't really care if others do or how good they are.  If that makes sense.  They are my team.  College football should be fun.  My team is above average and I have a lot of fun following them.  Some people need to take the stick out of their ass.  

21 hours ago, Mike Morgan said:

Watched some of your game yesterday. Your defense hits harder and tackles better than they have in a long time.

16 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

We still got whipped and physically dominated, but it's strange how effort, technique, and execution are still very much noticeable under those circumstances. 

i watched tank kelly drill some WR while we were down 25 or something and i was legitimately shocked.   It's been 5 years since i saw tackling like that.

I'm not sure why so many people thought we'd lose by more than 40 points, and I hate that so many of my fellow fans are treating this as a "win" because we played hard and ONLY loss by 30 points. 

We did exactly what I thought we'd do, and losing by 30 to #1 Alabama isn't something to cheer about. It just goes to show how far our expectations have dropped.

1MXnKMV.jpg

2 minutes ago, ZK686 said:

I'm not sure why so many people thought we'd lose by more than 40 points, and I hate that so many of my fellow fans are treating this as a "win" because we played hard and ONLY loss by 30 points. 

We did exactly what I thought we'd do, and losing by 30 to #1 Alabama isn't something to cheer about. It just goes to show how far our expectations have dropped.

I don't think that anyone is counting it as a, "win". There are certainly a lot of us that watched the game and saw some significant improvements over previous years in terms of discipline, physicality, and technique. No loss is ever a win, but you can certainly have good things that can come from losses. 

30 minutes ago, ZK686 said:

Of course our immediate expectations have dropped. Any fan with a rational position knows very well what our current standing is. DeRuyter destroyed this program throughout a 4 year stretch. 4 years of awful recruiting, 4 years of terrible player development, 4 years of terrible conditioning, etc.

Our realistic goals for this season are not to beat Alabama...or even give them a competitive game. You'd be an idiot or a giant homer to think that we could. Our realistic goals are to see a significant improvement over last year. To see our players executing the fundementals of football once again. To see our players playing their hearts out again. The significant rewards of improved conditioning, recruiting, and player development aren't miraculously seen in one season- they take time. The important part is that we do see improvement. We saw improvements in all facets during the Alabama game. No one is standing up and cheering over a 30 point loss. We're just optimistic about the future. Optimistic of what the program can do in the future if they continue to show this type of improvement.

Now, have our expectations for where this program should ultimately be changed? Absolutely not. This program is a top MWC program. This program should be competing for a MWC championship every year. So, save us your disappointment and complete lack of foresight. No one here is treating this as a "win". 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

3 hours ago, ZK686 said:

Gawd you're  clueless, on the BB and on here. 

3 hours ago, ZK686 said:

Hey, Sac St. only  hung 56 on Incarnate Word-in three quarters-so why temper the enthusiasm...#nicetts #lookliketheyhurt

10 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

oh yea, they hung 56 also, huh..... well, we were in the RZ once, so there....

No don't downplay it.  I thought you guys moved the ball well offensively and played stout defense.

Larry-David-Laughter-on-Couch.gif