Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

misplacedcowboy

Is Boise State on the verge of a major meltdown?

2 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Boise won't be losing 4 of the next 5. They had a 21 point lead on the road against a top 20 team. They'll be fine. 

I don't think they'll be falling off completely, but I'm less convinced of Harsin's coaching abilities after each game. Defense is still young, Rypien is out indefinitely, and Cozart is an injury risk every time he takes off and runs. It's a pretty safe bet that Boise will lose multiple games from here, and I'm just pointing out the possibility exists of a catastrophic (by BSU standards) meltdown this year.

55 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Wyoming fans assured me that their new WR's might be better than the ones they lost and that Hills productions would be replaced by a stable of talented RB's.

What numbnutz like LaradiseCowboyJunky might have said was meaningless when typed. I don't recall NorthWestCowboy, Wyobraska  or any of the sane Wyo fans saying that.

Boom goes the dynamite.

15 minutes ago, sdsuphilip4 said:

I remember when a select few boise fans said chris Peterson was not a significant loss 

Now THAT is true. And it was more like half the Boise fans here.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 hour ago, boisewitha-s said:

Yeah don't think so. Not sure why giving the game away on the road vs a top 20 team would make you say that. The good news is we will see on the field this year. 

Sure, but I watched the game. Boise does not look talented. No breakaway players. Nobody that really changes the game. I agree. We will see on the field, as Boise State goes 6-2 or 5-3 in conference. 

11 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Now THAT is true. And it was more like half the Boise fans here.

To be fair--We went 8-5 that year, our worst season since 2001.  Coach Pete was burned out here and ready for a change.  Yes, we hated to lose him, but if he had stayed, it probably would have become a Pat Hill situation.

It's called the Chris Petersen Complex.

They said the same thing when Dan Hawkins left.  His replacement...  Chris Petersen.

So...  it was a superstitious chant that could maybe conjure another Chris Petersen.  It conjured Bryan Harsin.

A lot like Weird Science.  The MWC thought they were getting a Super Model... 

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! No, seriously HA! HA!

8 minutes ago, bsubroncochick said:

To be fair--We went 8-5 that year, our worst season since 2001.  Coach Pete was burned out here and ready for a change.  Yes, we hated to lose him, but if he had stayed, it probably would have become a Pat Hill situation.

I love the excuse of him being burned out. How many HC's get burned out after getting a very nice facilities upgrade? That's the kind of stuff that keeps HC's going...those are symbols of accomplishment and growth, the things they are directly responsible for.

The real reason is more along the lines that something in the program changed. You had an AD bumped out on the heels of an NCAA investigation that led to penalties due to a lack of institutional control and suddenly winning was harder. The teams never did look as crisp. The execution level fell off.

Sure he was burned out and nothing fixes that like going to a different place, doing the same things.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

12 minutes ago, sdsuphilip4 said:

Colorado State scored 3 point vs Colorado 

No, they scored 24. It is just that the officiating was bad. Those passes were still completed and executed. Either way, it is obvious that CSU is a better team than Boise. And that game is being played in Fort Collins.

18 minutes ago, bsubroncochick said:

Petersen will retire in Seattle because their fan base knows what they have.

He was always going to leave to the Pac 12.  It happened at the exact time he decided.  There was one factor - when he decided to leave.

As a coach, he wants a legitimate shot at the National Title.  

UW>BSU in so many ways.  

Let's not pretend the breakup was a 50/50 decision.  You got dumped.

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! No, seriously HA! HA!

7 minutes ago, Dogs4Me said:

I love the excuse of him being burned out. How many HC's get burned out after getting a very nice facilities upgrade? That's the kind of stuff that keeps HC's going...those are symbols of accomplishment and growth, the things they are directly responsible for.

The real reason is more along the lines that something in the program changed. You had an AD bumped out on the heels of an NCAA investigation that led to penalties due to a lack of institutional control and suddenly winning was harder. The teams never did look as crisp. The execution level fell off.

Sure he was burned out and nothing fixes that like going to a different place, doing the same things.

CP is a top 5 coach IMO.  The reason for the drop was not loosing 3 scholarships a year.  That assertion is ridiculous.  It was because we ARE a G5 team.  When G5 teams experience a lot of success they lose a lot of coaches.  During our peak we had a coaching of staff of Chris Peterson, Bryan Harsin, Justin Wilcox, Marcel Yates, Pete Kwiatkowski.  Petersen suffered the fact we, on a G5 budget, could not keep coaching talent.  Harsin has suffered from that as well.  He wins a Fiesta Bowl and boom, his OC and DC leave.  

14 minutes ago, Dogs4Me said:

Bingo. Petersen sure has looked burned out at Washington.

Boom goes the dynamite.

31 minutes ago, bsubroncochick said:

This might be the second most "Blue Goggled" statement I have ever heard. A close second to when Boise fans claim they are still the class of the conference, even after losing five conference games in two years.

9 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

CP is a top 5 coach IMO.  The reason for the drop was not loosing 3 scholarships a year.  That assertion is ridiculous.  It was because we ARE a G5 team.  When G5 teams experience a lot of success they lose a lot of coaches.  During our peak we had a coaching of staff of Chris Peterson, Bryan Harsin, Justin Wilcox, Marcel Yates, Pete Kwiatkowski.  Petersen suffered the fact we, on a G5 budget, could not keep coaching talent.  Harsin has suffered from that as well.  He wins a Fiesta Bowl and boom, his OC and DC leave.  

How many posts have I read where losing coaches, players, etc only made bsu better? And now it's an excuse?

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

Just now, Dogs4Me said:

How many posts have I read where losing coaches, players, etc only made bsu better? And now it's an excuse?

Not sure.  What do you think hurt CP more, a measly three scholarships or a revolving door assistant coaches.  Seems obvious to me.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Not sure.  What do you think hurt CP more, a measly three scholarships or a revolving door assistant coaches.  Seems obvious to me.

Never thought either was a concern since coaches were lining up to coach under him and the same was claimed of players too.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg