Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Toledo at Nevada

I was at the game.... it went about as I expected

1. Gangis body English went down during the game.Wonder why they didn't put in #12 at QB ? I guess we'll have to wait until game 4?

2. the ref crew  were morons. the delays on   reviews were too long--------- really long.

3. the "Ball On" and "Yards to Go" parts of the video scoreboards didn't work. everything else did. WTF?

cerified_Subarus.jpg

1 minute ago, wolfpack1 said:

Its not Polian's fault. a lot of season ticket holders left with that whole debacle about the cost of seats in the renovated area. 

I get that.  But if we had a quality product on the field, the cost wouldn't be a factor.  Plus, our season tickets are dirt cheap compared to the rest of the conference.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

11 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

If Cornwell can't be the guy, then they need to adjust the game plan to what Ganji does well. He isn't going to be the type of quarterback that excels in this system. He's got grit and poise and toughness and, when you tailor the offense to what he does well, a feel for the moment. But Ganji doesn't have the skills to deliver consistently in this offense.

Maybe Cornwell can be the guy and is still struggling to catch up on the relationships and experience Ganji brought to the table as a returning starter. Or maybe he hasn't handled the disappointment of being a fabled recruit to the program in the land and failing. Either way, we can't keep fitting this round peg into this square hole. I see the open guys the offense can produce. But until we recruit the guy that can recognize and deliver the ball to them consistently, the coaching staff needs to reconsider the offense. The defense has been up to the task for the most part. They need help.

I read that Gangi has a much better arm than Cornwell does and that might be a reason why Cornwell is not playing. Cornwell was named the starting QB coming out of Spring camp but then out of fall camp they switched to Gangi. So there is something going on there but did read that Gangi has a much better arm than Cornwell and for the offense they want to run, they need a QB with an arm.

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

I get that.  But if we had a quality product on the field, the cost wouldn't be a factor.  Plus, our season tickets are dirt cheap compared to the rest of the conference.  

when season tickets for that area go up over 100% in one year, yeah no matter what is on the field people in this area can't afford that. For what they wanted us to pay for two season tickets at 6 games I was able to get a 14 game package for three people at Reno Aces. I also know another group of people that dropped tickets because they were tired of not knowing when the game times were because they were trying to decide whether the team would be on TV or not.

And sorry the product on the field wasn't really any change than some of Ault's years. There weren't some very good coaching decisions but don't confuse that with talent

Horrible absolutely horrible. If we want to get serious about football it is time to go big time. Bob Stoops is out there, Les Miles is out there and yes Briles is still there. Go get one of them, enough with these mid-major type coaches it is time to get serious or go home. This is absolutely the worst team in FCS by far, no one holds a candle to us. The AD, coaching staff and Board of Regents have to resign for the debacle they have put us in. They should all be ashamed for what they have done to the football team. Everyone should right letters, take pitchforks to their offices, call their numbers until they do the smart thing and resign to show they are serious about the football program. This is a complete and utter embarassment. Yes it is only two games into the season but this is should have never happened to a storied school like this. I thought things were bad before but it looks like they are going to get much much worse.  Please everyone involved in this resign immediately to save the university, fan base and yourselves some face.

------Sorry doing my best impression of a Baylor Bears fan. Just to see how it goes :) 

I think I did OK

1 hour ago, wolfpack1 said:

I read that Gangi has a much better arm than Cornwell does and that might be a reason why Cornwell is not playing. Cornwell was named the starting QB coming out of Spring camp but then out of fall camp they switched to Gangi. So there is something going on there but did read that Gangi has a much better arm than Cornwell and for the offense they want to run, they need a QB with an arm.

Where did you read that? All I recall reading through the end of spring practice was that Cornwell had a huge arm, the best on the team. 

2 hours ago, Posturedoc said:

Where did you read that? All I recall reading through the end of spring practice was that Cornwell had a huge arm, the best on the team. 

I think one of Murray's tweets and Tribune I believe. It was that to run the offense they want to run you need accuracy and can throw the deep ball and Gangi had that over Cornwell which was why Gangi was named starter coming out of fall camp

10 hours ago, Posturedoc said:

However also they may have included the two together when writing instead this one has the arm and this one the accurency....

15 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

I think one of Murray's tweets and Tribune I believe. It was that to run the offense they want to run you need accuracy and can throw the deep ball and Gangi had that over Cornwell which was why Gangi was named starter coming out of fall camp

I think you read that wrong. Cornwell has always had the better arm. Word is that Gangi's accuracy on the short passes improved over the fall camp and that's why he got the nod. 

19 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

when season tickets for that area go up over 100% in one year, yeah no matter what is on the field people in this area can't afford that. For what they wanted us to pay for two season tickets at 6 games I was able to get a 14 game package for three people at Reno Aces. I also know another group of people that dropped tickets because they were tired of not knowing when the game times were because they were trying to decide whether the team would be on TV or not.

And sorry the product on the field wasn't really any change than some of Ault's years. There weren't some very good coaching decisions but don't confuse that with talent

The average income in Reno is in line with that of most other MWC cities.....people in Reno can afford it. The Pack's season tickets have been a steal for years and it was time to bring it in line with what other schools charge. You paid for less that 20% of the home games for the Aces as opposed to a full season of Pack for roughly the same price and there is no comparison between baseball and football games. 

And by product on the field, he didn't mean the talent of the players, he's referring to the whole package, but mostly wins and losses. 

On 9/10/2017 at 7:41 AM, westfan said:

I saw the same thing, he was away from the sideline with his back to the plays parts of the second half talking to a couple of other players. Maybe he's tuned out, that won't help him get into many games if that's the case. On the the other hand if he can't get in maybe he's just not handling the disappoint well, it's hard to tell sitting in the stands.:shrug:

Update: If what I read today in another post here was correct he was moved to third string before the Toledo game.