Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jackmormon

Russia bought Facebook ads to influence election

8 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

first off

WindyFickleFlyingfish.gif

You know what evidence investigators have?

I know what they have made public.  I know what you know.

So far nothing.  So far they have no idea if their was even a crime.

So far everywhere they looked they haven't even found a crime.

At this point unlike the Hillary investigation where everyone knew there was a crime and hillary was responsible for it.  We have no crime and no evidence of a crime.

The only difference is Trump doesn't have the power to force Comey to write a letter saying she is innocent before the investigation is over.  HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

23 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

I've never made a secret of the fact I'm completely pro-choice. The 1.1% still represents approximately 13,000 abortions. I only made the point because late-term abortions often figure prominently in the discussion when they are a very small fraction. 

I know, and I'm ambivalent myself.  I just don't think that's a good case t make.

Rush makes that same argument in regards to transgenders and restrooms, and I'm ambivalent on that too.  And I don't like Rushs argument on that either.

4 hours ago, jackmormon said:

Where did Russia get the expertise to target individual demographics? The Trump campaign used a company called Cambridge Analytica and already had the data on hand to utilize sophisticated Facebook user data analysis for the maximum effect and bang for the buck. Did they share it? They have been called to testify before the senate Intel committee.

You really have no +++++ing clue. I advertise on Facebook for my business every day. There are tools on facebook that I can target people by income, age, sex, physical charteristics, hobbies, etc. I target individuals every day on Facebook and I'm not very computer literate. I can do this and I am not a marketing company. Are you really saying how could the Russians pull off this huge targeting feat on Facebook? You can't be serious. You can't be that dumb to think a country that has a deep history of espionage and has hackers on it's payroll can't figure out how to target people on Facebook? You really think that Russia, a large nation, has to rely on the Trump Group for targeting information when it owns one of the most sophisicated and venerable intelligence services in the world. But apparantly the decendents of KGB and GRU don't know anything next to Jared Kushner in your world. 

14 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

You really have no +++++ing clue. I advertise on Facebook for my business every day. There are tools on facebook that I can target people by income, age, sex, physical charteristics, hobbies, etc. I target individuals every day on Facebook and I'm not very computer literate. I can do this and I am not a marketing company. Are you really saying how could the Russians pull off this huge targeting feat on Facebook? You can't be serious. You can't be that dumb to think a country that has a deep history of espionage and has hackers on it's payroll can't figure out how to target people on Facebook? You really think that Russia, a large nation, has to rely on the Trump Group for targeting information when it owns one of the most sophisicated and venerable intelligence services in the world. But apparantly the decendents of KGB and GRU don't know anything next to Jared Kushner in your world. 

Like all tapeworms he thinks that if he doesn't know how to do it, the largest nuclear and space power on the planet can't do it.  HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

14 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

Do you have data of people on the voter rolls?

33 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Do you have data of people on the voter rolls?

I can get all the data on people of voter rolls in Nevada for free.   Just walk up to the clerk of each county and ask for a printout or they will email you a file.   Every politician running for office gets that data.   You get their names addresses, phone numbers political affiliation all for the asking.

I am sure though facebook and the largest nuclear and space power in the world can't get the voter information a candidate for dog catcher can put his hands on.  HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

29 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

I can get all the data on people of voter rolls in Nevada for free.   Just walk up to the clerk of each county and ask for a printout or they will email you a file.   Every politician running for office gets that data.   You get their names addresses, phone numbers political affiliation all for the asking.

I am sure though facebook and the largest nuclear and space power in the world can't get the voter information a candidate for dog catcher can put his hands on.  HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

What's happening, and quite scary actually, is that folks are figuring out how to gain and accumulate all of this data from all sorts of sources and combine it.  I was talking to a cable rep a few months ago.  They will soon be able tailor advertising based on data they have about consumers.  You and I are neighbors and we're watching the same program on TV and we'll get different commercials, based on the data they have accumulated on us.  Damn!!!

The World Needs More Cowboys!

36 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

All of it?

57 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

All of it?

The counties will even sort it for you.

So during a primary i would just get republican voters and then during the general i would get all the rest of the voters.

You can also go to the DMV and pay 5 cents a name and get a persons DMV info.   

There is no information including your SS# that isn't available to anyone and has been for decades.   Facebook and Amazon ect... are combining that stuff with your search data and 

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

What's happening, and quite scary actually, is that folks are figuring out how to gain and accumulate all of this data from all sorts of sources and combine it.  I was talking to a cable rep a few months ago.  They will soon be able tailor advertising based on data they have about consumers.  You and I are neighbors and we're watching the same program on TV and we'll get different commercials, based on the data they have accumulated on us.  Damn!!!

I am sure facebook and those folks know more about me than I know about me.

Russia Used Facebook Events to Organize Anti-immigrant Rallis on US Soil 

Pushing fake news was just one component of the Russian campaign to shape American minds. Part two: organizing anti-immigrant events echoing themes from the pro-Trump press.

Russian operatives hiding behind false identities used Facebook’s event-management tool to remotely organize and promote political protests in the U.S., including an August 2016 anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim rally in Idaho, The Daily Beast has learned. 

A Facebook spokesperson confirmed to The Daily Beast that the social-media giant “shut down several promoted events as part of the takedown we described last week.” The company declined to elaborate, except to confirm that the events were promoted with paid ads. (This is the first time the social-media giant has publicly acknowledged the existence of such events.)

The Facebook events—one of which echoed Islamophobic conspiracy theories pushed by pro-Trump media outlets—are the first indication that the Kremlin’s attempts to shape America’s political discourse moved beyond fake news and led unwitting Americans into specific real-life action.

“This is the next step,” Clint Watts, a former FBI agent and expert on Russia’s influence campaign, told The Daily Beast. “The objective of influence is to create behavior change. The simplest behavior is to have someone disseminate propaganda that Russia created and seeded. The second part of behavior influence is when you can get people to physically do something.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/exclusive-russia-used-facebook-events-to-organize-anti-immigrant-rallies-on-us-soil

29 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Russia Used Facebook Events to Organize Anti-immigrant Rallis on US Soil 

Pushing fake news was just one component of the Russian campaign to shape American minds. Part two: organizing anti-immigrant events echoing themes from the pro-Trump press.

Russian operatives hiding behind false identities used Facebook’s event-management tool to remotely organize and promote political protests in the U.S., including an August 2016 anti-immigrant, anti-Muslim rally in Idaho, The Daily Beast has learned. 

A Facebook spokesperson confirmed to The Daily Beast that the social-media giant “shut down several promoted events as part of the takedown we described last week.” The company declined to elaborate, except to confirm that the events were promoted with paid ads. (This is the first time the social-media giant has publicly acknowledged the existence of such events.)

The Facebook events—one of which echoed Islamophobic conspiracy theories pushed by pro-Trump media outlets—are the first indication that the Kremlin’s attempts to shape America’s political discourse moved beyond fake news and led unwitting Americans into specific real-life action.

“This is the next step,” Clint Watts, a former FBI agent and expert on Russia’s influence campaign, told The Daily Beast. “The objective of influence is to create behavior change. The simplest behavior is to have someone disseminate propaganda that Russia created and seeded. The second part of behavior influence is when you can get people to physically do something.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/exclusive-russia-used-facebook-events-to-organize-anti-immigrant-rallies-on-us-soil

welcome to the world of big data

The World Needs More Cowboys!

On 9/6/2017 at 9:20 PM, jackmormon said:

Facebook says fake accounts linked to Russia bought thousands of ads during US election

Facebook on Wednesday said it had found evidence that fake accounts "likely operated out of Russia" bought thousands of ads during the US presidential election designed to amplify divisive political messages.

Facebook said the ads were part of elaborate "information operations" in which "organized actors," including governments, used social media to deceive the public and distort political sentiment.

http://www.businessinsider.com/facebook-says-fake-accounts-linked-to-russia-bought-ads-during-us-election-2017-9

Hillary even said so, so it has to have been a real game changer. LOL!!

Meanwhile, FB puts all kinds of slimey shiit on their site and act like it's out of their control. ?????

As f'd up as the GOP is right now with it's factions, they're going to keep winning    as long the the D party continues to shift to the far left.  Single payer shite as your new party platform will guarantee you more prez losses. 

kat.jpg

Texas secession movement: Russia-linked Facebook group asked us to participate in anti-Clinton rallies

A Russia-linked Facebook group asked a Texas secessionist movement if it would participate in a series of anti-immigrant, anti-Hillary Clinton rallies it was planning to hold across the state last November, the group's president told Business Insider on Thursday.

"When they decided to start doing all these 'Texit' rallies, they reached out and wanted us to participate," said Daniel Miller, the president of the Texas Nationalist Movement. "And we said 'thanks, but no thanks.'"

The Facebook group, called Heart of Texas, had over 225,000 followers as of last summer. It was shut down last week as part of Facebook's takedown of accounts and pages "affiliated with one another and likely operated out of Russia," a Facebook spokesman told Business Insider on Wednesday.

http://www.businessinsider.com/russia-facebook-group-ads-texas-secession-secede-trump-clinton-2017-9