Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Mike Leach is an interesting dude

Leach is a good coach, but he also a wackadoo. And that's what got him fired at Texas Tech.

12 hours ago, crixus said:

Leach is a good coach, but he also a wackadoo. And that's what got him fired at Texas Tech.

A little bit more to it than that.  Pretty contentious situation even today.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2017/06/29/mike-leach-angry-texas-tech-washington-state-coach/440102001/

2 hours ago, RiverCityBronco said:

Apparently he's also Mormon and a Trump supporter.  So yes, major wack-job.  :-)

He could drink any of us under the table.

Leach moved to Key West after being fired from, TT - girlfriend at the time was one of his kid's teachers.

Had a lot of strange conversations with him while elbowed up at the Green Parrot, one which he exclaimed he'd dump football without second thought if he could coach baseball.

I always thought that TT screwed Leach because of Craig James throwing a fit, since Leach was playing his anointed son that much.  Who would believe James anyhow???  After all, he did kill five hookers!!!!

down in a hole.jpg

This was taken out of context, right?   Someone just asked him about the plot of a book he read.

...or maybe its a really well done 'bad lip reading' youtube vid or something like that.

shit, i really wonder about how stupid whackjobs survive, then I just look at the news.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWmYJIcjcnLXdj3qyg08n

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

10 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

A little bit more to it than that.  Pretty contentious situation even today.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2017/06/29/mike-leach-angry-texas-tech-washington-state-coach/440102001/

I'm familiar with how he treated the player with a concussion. Only a wackadoo Coach would treat an injured player that way. Thanks for the link so others can read about Leach's legacy of lunacy.

5 hours ago, crixus said:

I'm familiar with how he treated the player with a concussion. Only a wackadoo Coach would treat an injured player that way. Thanks for the link so others can read about Leach's legacy of lunacy.

according to craig james, right? who is a nut job if there ever was one.