Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ExplorerSunDevil

Arizona State vs San Diego State game thread

16 minutes ago, Chad Sexington said:

ASU will likely finish the year with the PAC12 worst Defense. I'm interested to see this one. 

Now that Cal has replaced Dykes with Wilcox, what you said.

Any advice on how to pirate the Pac12 Network?

Boom goes the dynamite.

33 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Visit your favorite watering hole. That's how I do it. 

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, are you still a moron?"

"Give me a Sandwich and a Douchebag and there's nothing I can't do!"

16 hours ago, jimjam said:

I predict an Aztec victory....

Until the PAC refs get involved.  Keep an eye on the OPI calls.

Good point! Their officiating is consistently bad year in year out. Reminiscent of the old WAC representation....HOOOOOORRRRRRRRIIIIIBLE!

NM State we are not. If improvement is in the cards for ASU they better do lots and quickly. 

On 9/4/2017 at 7:50 PM, kalua pig said:

2 time back to back mwc champs sdsu should have no problems with the arizona wildcats.

:lol:

18 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

there were a couple of links posted last weekend, i'm sure that as it gets closer to game time they'll show up again. decent streams, too.

2 hours ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Good point! Their officiating is consistently bad year in year out. Reminiscent of the old WAC representation....HOOOOOORRRRRRRRIIIIIBLE!

NM State we are not. If improvement is in the cards for ASU they better do lots and quickly. 

Game on Pac12 Network and Pac12 officiating crew?  Good luck with that.  

If I were an Aztec fan, I'd be looking for several marginal holding calls that get SDSU into 1st and long.  Based on what we saw in Denver on Friday night, San Diego State will have to be two to three scores better than ASU just to win.

19 hours ago, jimjam said:

I predict an Aztec victory....

Until the PAC refs get involved.  Keep an eye on the OPI calls.

Tough to call OPI when the game plan is "hand the rock to Penny 35 times or however many times it takes to have 5 long clock grinding touchdown drives, whichever is fewer"

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

21 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Tough to call OPI when the game plan is "hand the rock to Penny 35 times or however many times it takes to have 5 long clock grinding touchdown drives, whichever is fewer"

Holding or hands to the face calls then.

14 pts taken off the board by PAC officials last Friday.  Unprecidented.

21 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Do you know anyone with Comcast?

If yes, have them set up a guest account account with a simple password. They can then send you the info.  After that you can access the pac 12 network from Xfinity.

Just a little educational piece on officiating for those of you who have never officiated a high-level high school or college football game (I have and still do) You simply do not have the time or the bandwidth to process any sort of prejudice as the game is unfolding before you. I will admit it is possible for a replay booth to inject some bias, but the guys on the field are simply too busy processing what is before them (dark colors vs. light colors) to entertain anything else, including who they might favor. Furthermore, anyone with a built in bias (graduate or family member or a player) is excluded from that particular game anyway. Lastly, these guys really like their jobs and would instantly lose said job if guilty of any of the nonsense internet posters regularly assign to them.

The "refs are cheating us" idea is purely for the entertainment value of the viewer and does nothing more than offer some solace for a loss or poor play from his favorite team that day. Arguments like these are groundless, stupid and illogical. You would know this if you ever donned the stripes in a fast moving competitive game.

6 hours ago, happycamper said:

That's the way to beat them. Their run D is highly suspect. 

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, are you still a moron?"

"Give me a Sandwich and a Douchebag and there's nothing I can't do!"

4 hours ago, jimjam said:

Clearly you didn't watch.

I did watch. I also watched Nevada get robbed of a TD against CSU and lose the opportunity to score another because of chitty calls. CSU reminded us at that time, that it's part of the game. Funny now that the shoe's on the other foot how much the narrative has changed. 

2 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

I did watch. I also watched Nevada get robbed of a TD against CSU and lose the opportunity to score another because of chitty calls. CSU reminded us at that time, that it's part of the game. Funny now that the shoe's on the other foot how much the narrative has changed. 

There's no comparison.  None.