Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at Idaho

11 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Well... if it's any consolation the Vegas run D probably can't get as bad as Nevada was last year. 

Never underestimate the UNLV defense's ability to give up massive yardage to any team of any level 

Just now, NevadaFan said:

That trip isn't easy. Vegas will need to play good football. 

No worse than going into Laramie - and it's only the 2nd game of the season.

I'm hoping the players and staff are embarrassed, mad and wanting to show that last week was an aberration and not the norm.

If UNLV loses big, then it's full on panic for the entire program and admin..........................if UNLV loses a close one but plays well, the jury is still out after two weeks and a RS freshman at QB...............if UNLV wins close, it eases some pain for MWC play...............if UNLV wins big, the talk of Sanchez being fired and the season being a mess ends 

2 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Think this might be the bet of the week in the MWC - UNLV covers and could win straight up as a decent money line underdog 

While they did lose to Idaho at home last year, they out gained them by almost 200 yards. Looking at the stats, it's hard to figure out how they lost. UNLV has as many starters returning on offense as Idaho does in both sides of the ball. 

Just now, kingpotato said:

While they did lose to Idaho at home last year, they out gained them by almost 200 yards. Looking at the stats, it's hard to figure out how they lost. UNLV has as many starters returning on offense as Idaho does in both sides of the ball. 

UNLV's mistakes and bungling costs them - if UNLV scored TD's instead of FG's last week this game is probably a slight UNLV favorite or pick'em game.

False starts and fumbles killed UNLV and those things are hard to sort out in a betting line

My thinking is UNLV will move the ball and Idaho will move the ball..........the over is probably a good bet............And I think, at the least UNLV can cover the 7 to 9 point spread and should be able to cover a teaser 

27 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

UNLV's mistakes and bungling costs them - if UNLV scored TD's instead of FG's last week this game is probably a slight UNLV favorite or pick'em game.

False starts and fumbles killed UNLV and those things are hard to sort out in a betting line

My thinking is UNLV will move the ball and Idaho will move the ball..........the over is probably a good bet............And I think, at the least UNLV can cover the 7 to 9 point spread and should be able to cover a teaser 

I'd be shocked if UNLV wasn't able to move the ball. Idaho only returns 5 from a defense that was pretty lousy last year. It'll be getting stops for UNLV. The defense is concerning.

11 hours ago, kingpotato said:

As everyone knows, you can outgain a team like crazy, but if those yards don't result in points, it's all moot.   I think there were a couple costly INT's in there too.

Having said that, I think this will be a very interesting game.  UNLV is going to come to town PISSED OFF, which sort of throws the Vegas line in the crapper IMO.  The Vandals just need to stick to what works and make sure our pass blocking is tight.  We haven't opened our play book yet, but I'm sure Petrino has some goodies in there for this game.  I don't think our team is even close to overlooking anyone on our schedule.  Every game matters, every game needs 110% and every game is a must win for us. 

Despite all the shit talking, I really think UNLV is better than last week's game and I expect the Rebs to show up ready to fight.

11 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I'd be shocked if UNLV wasn't able to move the ball. Idaho only returns 5 from a defense that was pretty lousy last year. It'll be getting stops for UNLV. The defense is concerning.

It doesn't matter how many we return if the new players are an improvement.  We're pretty much all SBC when it comes to LB's and our front 7 as a whole is a LOT better than most people think.

13 hours ago, VandalBasher said:

If Idaho wins, do the Vandals get UNLV's spot in the MWC?  The Rebs would travel well to Southern Utah University, Cal Poly and Sac. St.

Basher, we could crush Alabama, destroy Howard, liberate Eastern Ukraine and cure AIDS, but the MWC won't listen if it cuts a dime out of their conference money.  This is one of the reasons I thought we should propose a deal whereby we waive conference revenue for a set period of time in exchange for a football affiliation, establish facilities benchmarks to keep the affiliation.  In, say, 5 years if we haven't performed, we get the boot.

If that sounds like I'd be willing to sell the farm, then yes, I would.  I would sell the shit out of the farm to stay FBS and play our peer schools.

2 hours ago, VandalPride97 said:

Basher, we could crush Alabama, destroy Howard, liberate Eastern Ukraine and cure AIDS, but the MWC won't listen if it cuts a dime out of their conference money.  This is one of the reasons I thought we should propose a deal whereby we waive conference revenue for a set period of time in exchange for a football affiliation, establish facilities benchmarks to keep the affiliation.  In, say, 5 years if we haven't performed, we get the boot.

If that sounds like I'd be willing to sell the farm, then yes, I would.  I would sell the shit out of the farm to stay FBS and play our peer schools.

They might have listened if you had offered Travel Subsidies and some of your women.  All we got from Hawaii was subsidies, @kalua pig and @Warbow.

3 hours ago, VandalPride97 said:

It doesn't matter how many we return if the new players are an improvement.  We're pretty much all SBC when it comes to LB's and our front 7 as a whole is a LOT better than most people think.

I agree.  From what I've seen the defense is fast and can put pressure on the QB.  From the Potato Bowl to last weeks game shows they can play enough defense to win games.  The QB was on the Unitas watch list so I know he is going to pick it up this week if he wants to stay on that list.  This is going to be an interesting game to watch.  Can the Rebels recover from that shyt show last week?  We shall see but, it's going to be a tough game on the road.

My first visit to the Kibbee Dome and I'm going there without wearing my Rebel gear.  Last week was just too embarrassing.  Maybe I need to wear a bag over my head.

image.jpeg.7fb64ca9699b2990870aebdb2536602f.jpeg

17 minutes ago, NWRebel said:

I agree.  From what I've seen the defense is fast and can put pressure on the QB.  From the Potato Bowl to last weeks game shows they can play enough defense to win games.  The QB was on the Unitas watch list so I know he is going to pick it up this week if he wants to stay on that list.  This is going to be an interesting game to watch.  Can the Rebels recover from that shyt show last week?  We shall see but, it's going to be a tough game on the road.

My first visit to the Kibbee Dome and I'm going there without wearing my Rebel gear.  Last week was just too embarrassing.  Maybe I need to wear a bag over my head.

image.jpeg.7fb64ca9699b2990870aebdb2536602f.jpeg

do it!! but it would be more effective WITH your rebel gear, lol.