Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fanhood

BYU has very little talent.....

3 minutes ago, utenation said:

Turdpolish.jpg?w=280&h=210&fit=crop

You go Lil' Natty.  Like nobody in the Ute fanbase  has ever mentioned how it was so tough to get up to speed when Utah first joined the PAC 12 and how they just now finally feel like they are somewhat on a level playing field with the majority of the established members in the conference.  The same turd polish could be applied to this line of thought as to what Jack expressed.  I for one am with Jack and willing to give Sitake, Detmer, and company some time to establish THEIR program. 

Just now, utenation said:

I think the results speak for themselves.. 128th in total offense, only higher than UTEP and Georgia Southern.. 221 yards per game and 3 completely embarrassing performances against P5 programs and a squeaker win over powerhouse Portland State.. At this point, I don't think BYU can't overlook anyone on their schedule.. Could be tough to get 6 wins.. I'm counting BSU and MSU at losses for sure.. 

My, my how the standards have gone down hill in Provo..

I don't think that's the case at all.  Nobody is ok with how this year is gone, but losing to three teams that are ranked isn't the embarrassment you'd have everyone here believe it is.  Super great insight counting BSU and MSU as losses for sure.  

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

16 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

I don't think that's the case at all.  Nobody is ok with how this year is gone, but losing to three teams that are ranked isn't the embarrassment you'd have everyone here believe it is.  Super great insight counting BSU and MSU as losses for sure.  

I certainly don't think losing to 3 ranked teams is embarrassing.. But to not even show up and watch the enormous talent gap between BYU and P5 teams is embarrassing.. I've been saying for years that BYU will embarrass themselves with these front loaded schedules and they aren't built for big boy schedules...  Again, 128th in total offense.. Didn't even get the ball past the 50 yard line against LSU, a team that was drubbed by BYU's next ass whipping..

58 minutes ago, utenation said:

I think the results speak for themselves.. 128th in total offense, only higher than UTEP and Georgia Southern.. 221 yards per game and 3 completely embarrassing performances against P5 programs and a squeaker win over powerhouse Portland State.. At this point, I don't think BYU can't overlook anyone on their schedule.. Could be tough to get 6 wins.. I'm counting BSU and MSU at losses for sure.. 

My, my how the standards have gone down hill in Provo..

I'm under 9.5 for the year.  Not going to go spend the money yet, but starting to window shop a bit. Looked like easy $ this summer (never liked noodle arm) and I would put them 2/3 in the MW this year depending on division.  Easy for me to make the bet.  

1 hour ago, Jack Bauer said:

Why do you say stuff like this?  I've repeatedly said they need time to get their guys in to the program.  THat's usually a few years, but with missions and stuff you can add a couple years to the process.

Because you say stuff like:

I also question any offensive scheme that takes the players two years to learn and be on the same page.  Plenty of teams switch offensive systems and do fine.  This process has been painstakingly long and tedious.  I think Detmer knows offense, and knows what he wants it to do, but I'm not sure he'll ever have the caliber of player he needs to make it work.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

1 hour ago, Jack Bauer said:

I don't think it is the losing that is the embarrassment, but rather how inept the offense seems to be. Not crossing the 50 against LSU and averaging less than a touchdown and 175 total yards against those 3 schools is what is causing the embarrassment. 

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

15 minutes ago, Mano said:

Because you say stuff like:

Right, but I don't think that's saying I'm not willing to give the benefit of the doubt to the coaching staff.  I think the scheme needs some tweaking to include some spread concepts, I am not all in on guys always being under center.  People think Bronco left us a lot of talent, but most of that was older guys who aren't here anymore.  There's 5 guys on NFL rosters from last year who aren't at BYU now.  The younger guys he's recruited were overall not very good.  I think they knew this and that's why they've been bringing in a ton of guys and trying to build up the talent on the lines.  There's four or five guys who are currently redshirting that should help some of these problems next year.  We still aren't rushing the QB very effectively  

9 minutes ago, Mano said:

I don't think it is the losing that is the embarrassment, but rather how inept the offense seems to be. Not crossing the 50 against LSU and averaging less than a touchdown and 175 total yards against those 3 schools is what is causing the embarrassment. 

All 3 of those teams have elite defenses.  In all honesty, I think it will probably be until 2019 before they have the players in place they want to run this offense.  We never move the ball very well against Utah and these other type of teams.  This isn't something new.  People need to stop acting like they are going to jump off a bridge over this stuff.  Jamaal and Taysom masked a lot of these problems last year.  I was hopeful that BYU would perform better than they have against teams like LSU and Wisconsin but I don't feel I'm unrealistic in my thinking that it's going to take a while to get the players they want to run this scheme.  Bronco left us some significant deficits on the lines, as he has for the past five years.   

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

I love the power offenses of USC, Wiscy and Stanford.  The one year Utah had Norm Chow at OC Utah ran a power O.  It was fun to watch even though we weren't well equipped to run it and didn't have much success.  I prefer that offense to others because you don't go head to head recruiting with the Oregon's and 2/3 of the FBS for spread O talent.  Some think it's boring football, but I think it's the best build for long term success in the Pro's and college.

It will be a change for Y fans but I think it's the right call. 

I, as much as any UTE fan, like to poke fun at zoobs.  However, I think it's noteworthy that byu has nearly an entire team of transfers waiting for eligibility to kick in. 

Give Tuiaki and Sitake time to get the hogs in shape, and things will look much different next year for the zoobs. 

Still uncertain about Detmer's coaching chops, so I suppose we'll see.

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, are you still a moron?"

"Give me a Sandwich and a Douchebag and there's nothing I can't do!"

12 hours ago, Chad Sexington said:

I, as much as any UTE fan, like to poke fun at zoobs.  However, I think it's noteworthy that byu has nearly an entire team of transfers waiting for eligibility to kick in. 

Give Tuiaki and Sitake time to get the hogs in shape, and things will look much different next year for the zoobs. 

Still uncertain about Detmer's coaching chops, so I suppose we'll see.

That must have been extremely difficult for you to post.  Feel free to go vomit now if you need to.

v0icAvfW.jpg

On 9/16/2017 at 7:07 PM, StanfordAggie said:

Number of BSU major bowl wins since joining the MWC: 1

Number of BYU major bowl wins in the program's entire history: 0

If winning the Fiesta Bowl is your idea of a "precipitous decline," I'm not sure what to tell you. To me, that sounds like self-delusion to make yourself feel better about the fact that your season is already over.

Not to mention SDSU has a real shot at a major bowl appearance while BYU slips into obscurity

It is painfully obvious that the talent is not there at this time for BYU to compete with the LSU's, Utah's, and Wisky's of the world.  I think Sitake will get us there though.  And kudos to the Utah coaching staff for not piling on when they could have easily scored again there at the end.  I won't bother going into what I see as the problems with our O or D because it pretty much has been said.  And I tip my hat to Utah, TCU, and Louisville who not only deserved Power status years ago but when given the title have not squandered it. 

Regarding a return to the MWC...I don't want to play SJSU and UNR annually in conference play.  Just doesn't bring the fans out.  That isn't to say that both fan bases and their respective teams aren't "worthy" they just don't move the needle.  On a similar note Utah St does not move the needle for SDSU or Fresno St.  In the 90's the WAC had teams that would regularly have 35k to 45k in attendance.  Air Force, Hawaii, SDSU, Fresno St all would bring out the crowds.  I think for future affiliation it would be good for all involved to go by a 30k/10k (football/basketball) threshold.  You build fanbases from the ground up and you do the same with conferences.  Get the base solid and build on it.

10 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

I think Chad is a prime candidate for a visit from a couple clean cut young men on bikes :)

Or a trip to the whore house to remind him who he is and what he stands for. Sin, filth, anger, vile comments, pushing old ladies down stairs. The new Chad simply won't do. Even though I know the root of his new found civility with BYU stems from wanting a former Ute coach and great guy to not fail. I get it but in my eyes Chad will always be a beacon of evil.

3 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Not to mention SDSU has a real shot at a major bowl appearance while BYU slips into obscurity

This is a great thing for those SDSU fans.  It will help build that fanbase and bring in young fans that will be there the next 30 years.  I have always felt BYU and SDSU should be in the same conference, but I have zero say in that arena. Sadly BYU and SDSU may never play for the same conference title again.  This IMO hurts the fans and destroys fan excitement.  There wasn't a SDSU fan I knew that didn't want to beat the crap out of BYU yearly.  Those feelings are what get fans to games and to watch on tv. As a BYU fan I enjoyed the atmosphere of those games.  A similar feeling with huge games against CSU, Wyo, AFA, BSU, and UNM included.  But to each his own.  I just think conference play makes the season funner for me personally and I never thought the MWC was crap teams.  I have watched CSU, AFA, BSU, SDSU all ranked at different times, many of those top 15 ranks.  But hell most fans only value money teams.