Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

CSU vs Colorado Game Thread

2 minutes ago, AKram said:

Oh, I'm not blaming the refs at all (though their OPI calls were bad). I lay this all on Stevens and his overthrowing the ball, Bobo unable to get his team ready for a rivalry game (maybe Stevens was just too amped up) and I agree that the Oline was a mess, but that comes back to not being able to establish a running game because there was no threat of a passing game. 

CSU didn't establish the running game in tonight's game either.

31 minutes ago, fanhood said:

No, they are not losing by 30. Sorry pal, your friends in Tulsa are done.

you always tell me to be reasonable but you never are with the mwc.. lsa is out for losing to a top 10 but csu is still in despite losing to an unranked colorado ..are you hying point differential that losing but 25 and losing by 14 are that much a difference

i dont mind baas people..we all have a little bias, but what bothers me is that you constantly go after people saying they are biased often using the words homer or deluional, when you have clear bias

ps im just in this thread because someone told me Colorado state was going to atleast be 3-1 in OOC...i cant wait for them to beat bama 

3 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

CSU didn't establish the running game in tonight's game either.

It's a little hard to establish a run game if you can't have a passing game. 

28 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

This was CSU's second game versus CU's first game.

Stevens had no protection from all those returning OL starters from last season and couldn't quite connect in this game.  He was barely 50% passing for the night.  And that last INT was thrown into triple coverage.  Someone else had to be wide open for sure.  And that OL couldn't open holes against that new Buffs DL.  Go ahead and blame the refs but the game was ultimately lost in the trenches...especially that 45 yard TD run by Lindsay.

Easy to say that those ints cost us the game but would those have happened if the refs don't +++++ up? Those were clear frustration picks.. Lindsay had a couple good runs is all. Gtfo

1 minute ago, 15csu2014 said:

Easy to say that those ints cost us the game but would those have happened if the refs don't egg up? Those were clear frustration picks.. Lindsay had a couple good runs is all. Gtfo

image.png.549f001102e6893c061158f75d8f1d84.png

Oregon State must not be very good this year. 

7 minutes ago, badfish said:

Didn't watch, but would you say CU looked really good or CSU sort of fumbled this one? I had CSU winning it..

Refs 1: everyone else: 0

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

23 minutes ago, HRam said:

It's a little hard to establish a run game if you can't have a passing game. 

Regarding the title under your username - he's a blowhard too. 

7 minutes ago, crixus said:

Oregon State must not be very good this year. 

They play Portland State at home tomorrow...that same team that beat Washington State several seasons ago.  They might be a 2-10 team at best this season.

55 minutes ago, AKram said:

Oh, I'm not blaming the refs at all (though their OPI calls were bad). I lay this all on Stevens and his overthrowing the ball, Bobo unable to get his team ready for a rivalry game (maybe Stevens was just too amped up) and I agree that the Oline was a mess, but that comes back to not being able to establish a running game because there was no threat of a passing game. 

I am.  I'm not laying it all on their feet, but that field was slanted.  It wasn't just some ghost calls against CSU, it was also some clear no calls against CU.  A shitload of holding for what it's worth.  They looked absolutely BYUesque.

Now, the fact that we couldn't overcome that is disappointing.  Their D-line definitely out talented our O-line, but beyond that we were the better team and wouldn't step up and prove it.  Nick was tossing garbage, Bobo did an awful job - starting with not pulling Dawkins in favor of Boddie.  Play calling was very sub par at times.  When it wasn't we looked like the team that played OSU.  Finally, the worst part of it was stupid mental errors.  We should have won that in spite of the refs.  With a fair shake from the stripes, we might have won anyway.