Sign in to follow this  
fanhood

Tulsa removed from NYD Bowl race

7 minutes ago, pesik said:

It was the first game of the season.. no one cares about bad losses in the first game of the year ...Remember when Ohio state won a title after losing to a bad virginia tech...Louisville finished top 25 despite being down 31-0 at halftime to an unranked UH

You can say you don't think Tulsa is good enough and that's a fair debate, but Tulsa isn't eliminate or close .. if they win out they will get it 

And did you actually watched the game?Or just going by the score ...Tulsa showed a lot of great things..Tulsa was moving the ball,but they werent scoring and if you watch all the okstate TDs not a single one was open.. it was a ton a great plays by ok state WR (they are argued as the best qb/wr combo in all college football especially on the deep ball)

New Mexico, Toledo arent okstate ...And Tulsa will get better, this was the first start for all their offense ....Despite the beat down, I saw a 8/9 win team .. I compare to the competition not the score..

I watched every single snap. Tulsa is going to struggle. They have a limited defense (as usual), and a limited QB (but he will get better). I had predicted they will go 2-2 OOC. Now, It think they will go 1-3.

Wait, you saw an 8 or 9 win team? Holy monkey +++++? Really? I mean, if they win all of their conference games, sure, but I give the AAC more credit then that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bruininthebay said:

Tulsa is 3-1 as an American member versus the MW.  No other AAC team has more than one win against MW schools.

I fear OP jinxed New Mexico's visit to Tulsa ...

They are 0-5 against BSU all time.  

13 minutes ago, fanhood said:

I watched every single snap. Tulsa is going to struggle. They have a limited defense (as usual), and a limited QB (but he will get better). I had predicted they will go 2-2 OOC. Now, It think they will go 1-3.

Wait, you saw an 8 or 9 win team? Holy monkey +++++? Really? I mean, if they win all of their conference games, sure, but I give the AAC more credit then that.

The best Colorado team in a decade lost to okstate 38-8 it's last game before this one..You have to compare teams to their competition 

Their defense wasn't as bad as the score..Watch the highlight on YouTube Tulsa Cbs went stride for stride with okstate WR. Okstats WR just made huge plays.. most teams Tulsa will play won't have qb who can throw such a good deep ball and we who can make such big plays ..It wasnt like the SJSU game where wr were running free 

Tulsa lost 48-3 last year versus a top 10 team but still finished with 10 wins..

Including the bowl, 8 or 9 is definitely possible 

3 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Have they played anybody besides Fresno and San Joser?

And let's not overlook that impressive win by Cincinnati over mighty Austin Peay6.

Not true.  Tulsa as played CSU recently

2 hours ago, pesik said:

The best Colorado team in a decade lost to okstate 38-8 it's last game before this one..You have to compare teams to their competition 

Their defense wasn't as bad as the score..Watch the highlight on YouTube Tulsa Cbs went stride for stride with okstate WR. Okstats WR just made huge plays.. most teams Tulsa will play won't have qb who can throw such a good deep ball and we who can make such big plays ..It wasnt like the SJSU game where wr were running free 

Tulsa lost 48-3 last year versus a top 10 team but still finished with 10 wins..

Including the bowl, 8 or 9 is definitely possible 

Your eyes don't lie, unless of course, you cannot see past your own glasses. I watched the game. Tulsa struggle to be Bowl Eligible this year. I think they win six games. 

7 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Have they played anybody besides Fresno and San Joser?

Tulsa beat New Mexico in ABQ; this year the Lobos travel to get their win back

#5050booking

5 hours ago, fanhood said:

Your eyes don't lie, unless of course, you cannot see past your own glasses. I watched the game. Tulsa struggle to be Bowl Eligible this year. I think they win six games. 

LOL What about Utah State, SJSU, et al?

7 hours ago, FormerFrog said:

LOL What about Utah State, SJSU, et al?

Of course. They are out. But no moron ever claimed they were good. 

I like Tulsa.

Cuz they're only giving up 50.5 ppg.