Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VandalPride97

Jeremy McNichols - WTF?

I really thought he would make waves, but now he's about to get cut by a former BSU coach because he's screwing up left and right.  What's his deal?  Has he always struggled with the playbook?  Is his football IQ limited to just being handed the ball and carrying the team?  This is a surprise to me.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/college/mountain-west/boise-state-university/bronco-beat-blog/article170207087.html

23 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

I really thought he would make waves, but now he's about to get cut by a former BSU coach because he's screwing up left and right.  What's his deal?  Has he always struggled with the playbook?  Is his football IQ limited to just being handed the ball and carrying the team?  This is a surprise to me.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/college/mountain-west/boise-state-university/bronco-beat-blog/article170207087.html

I don't think Hill's going to make the cut either.  Atlanta was a tough draw for him.  Hopefully he lands at a good place.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

57 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

Athletes that are great in college sometimes think they don't have to put in the work at the next level.  Sometimes why you see star college athletes fail in the NFL and less known college athletes become successful.  Being successful in the NFL is a combination of work ethic and luck.  Ajayi I think had some of these issue when he first joined the Dolphins, but he quickly got his head back on straight.  Hopefully McNichols will do the same, but maybe he should have stayed in college another year. 

5812325074_d6d40a5a2c_b.jpg

57 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

I still think he'd get picked up even if he was waived, but I knew that his NFL career was effed when bluerules009 was adamant that would be the best Boise State RB in the NFL. 

Just now, RiverCityBronco said:

Athletes that are great in college sometimes think they don't have to put in the work at the next level.  Sometimes why you see star college athletes fail in the NFL and less known college athletes become successful.  Being successful in the NFL is a combination of work ethic and luck.  Ajayi I think had some of these issue when he first joined the Dolphins, but he quickly got his head back on straight.  Hopefully McNichols will do the same, but maybe he should have stayed in college another year. 

Yeah, Ajayi was left behind on a team road game for attitude problems. He ended up rushing for back to back 200 yard games later that season. 

I don't think it was lack of effort, I think he just kept blowing plays and missing his assignments.  I think he has the physical gifts to be solid, but he's going to have to put more time into the playbook and film.

28 minutes ago, RiverCityBronco said:

maybe he should have stayed in college another year. 

I thought so when he declared.

He did not seem NFL caliber to me last year, but I am no expert in these matters, and obviously someone thought he warranted a fifth round pick. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

4 hours ago, VandalPride97 said:

It's called roids withdrawal.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

3 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

I think he's safe. He's not going to get a whole lot of playing time this season probably, but I don't think he'll get cut. 

That said, I wish he would have come back this year. Everyone, including him, would have benefitted. 

Hill did not have a good preseason and then a tweaked ankle didn't help.  A few plays he didn't hit the hole quick enough, but mostly he as well as their other RB's got hit right at the line.  None of Atlanta's running backs looked good except for a very few plays.  I watched 2 of their games on nfl network.  They can't run the ball well at all.  

McNichols big strength in college was his dual-purpose success as an RB that could catch the ball as well.  Good RB, good receiver.  

Compared to Ajayi, who was a great, more physical RB that also wasn't bad catching the ball.  Great RB, good receiver.   

1 hour ago, SparkysDad said:

McNichols big strength in college was his dual-purpose success as an RB that could catch the ball as well.  Good RB, good receiver.  

Compared to Ajayi, who was a great, more physical RB that also wasn't bad catching the ball.  Great RB, good receiver.   

But window-licking stupid, apparently. 

2 hours ago, SparkysDad said:

I always liked him, but this picture still makes me laugh:

image.png.f99bf45c50fe630c57e29784ea079f60.png

I have always felt that McNichols has NFL talent, but not up to Martin's or Ajayi's level just quite yet.  He could have used every bit of his SR season to shore up his weaknesses.  I hope he doesn't get cut, but he had better put the work in his mental game. 

24570143_BSUBACKGROUNDBANNERANDY1AWELCOME.png.5fa1e131a0fec4c26c0be2f4d0a420eb.png

망치를 가진 남자에게는, 모든것이 못처럼 보인다.

원숭이도 나무에서 떨어진다.

16 hours ago, MAD MACGYVER said:

I have always felt that McNichols has NFL talent, but not up to Martin's or Ajayi's level just quite yet.  He could have used every bit of his SR season to shore up his weaknesses.  I hope he doesn't get cut, but he had better put in the work his mental game. 

As mentioned before, it seems unanimous that he should have come back for his senior season.  I think it would have done him some good.

7 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

As mentioned before, it seems unanimous that he should have come back for his senior season.  I think it would have done him some good.

I thought he looked ready.  I saw him as a Devontae Freeman type of player, that could do damage from catching the ball out of the backfield or running between or outside the tackles.  

I'm surprised he's done poorly.  RB has been devalued in the NFL, so coming back may have been a good choice, but I'm not sure he could have upped his stock even more.  5th round pick is nothing special, given the amount of players you can plug and play at RB, and so few are like Adrian Peterson these days.  I still think if was the right decision to leave, he had 1700 yards rushing last year and nearly 500 yards receiving with 27 combined scores.  If that only gets you the fifth round, I don't see how another year really helps you raise your stock. 

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

7 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

More than anything, he needs to figure out his reads and learn to block better so the QB doesn't get murdered in the backfield. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

4 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

I thought he looked ready.  I saw him as a Devontae Freeman type of player, that could do damage from catching the ball out of the backfield or running between or outside the tackles.  

I'm surprised he's done poorly.  RB has been devalued in the NFL, so coming back may have been a good choice, but I'm not sure he could have upped his stock even more.  5th round pick is nothing special, given the amount of players you can plug and play at RB, and so few are like Adrian Peterson these days.  I still think if was the right decision to leave, he had 1700 yards rushing last year and nearly 500 yards receiving with 27 combined scores.  If that only gets you the fifth round, I don't see how another year really helps you raise your stock. 

I agree with what you are saying in general, except last year was so heavy with quality RB's I think he might have been better off to stay another year.  I know premier athletes don't really look at it that way, but he had a lot of competition in the draft.  Not sure what this year looks like though...