Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goboroot

What 2 teams would you like to see added to the conference?

The MW shd make it mandatory to field a Softball team. The schools that don't shd be told to GTFO, and replace them with schools committed to The #1 College Sport

#Wyoming #AirdaleU #NMst #GCU

12667677.jpeg

BYU and UTSA 

Rearrange the divisions like this....

Mountain

BSU       ****
Nevada  ****
UNLV     *
FSU       **
SDSU    ****
SJSU     **
Hawaii   ***

WEST

BYU      ****
USU      *
AF         ***
COL ST ****
WYO     **
UTSA    ***
UNM     **

I have this on my NCAA 14. The stars indicate prestige...pretty fun. 

BYU and U of Guam

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

34 minutes ago, LPH-10 said:

Montana and Montana State, but they won't come.

I think we would if the chance came around, we didn't want to join the WAC because we knew it was eventually going to collapse and a MWC invite would be alot more appealing

Drop SJSU, add UTEP along with Montana and Montana State. Make the Divisons the following:

MOUNTAIN:

-Montana, MSU, CSU, Wyoming, AF, BSU, USU

WEST

UTEP, SDSU, UNR, UNLV, UNM, FSU, Hawaii 

38 minutes ago, Hugh Jiddump said:

The MW shd make it mandatory to field a Softball team. The schools that don't shd be told to GTFO, and replace them with schools committed to The #1 College Sport

#Wyoming #AirdaleU #NMst #GCU

What team do you think would be a good replacement for Sharta?

BYU and UTEP. I know UTEP isn't a popular mention here, but they are UNM's traditional rival and they have history with the original WAC members; UNM, CSU, and WYO.

5 minutes ago, utgrizfan said:

I think we would if the chance came around, we didn't want to join the WAC because we knew it was eventually going to collapse and a MWC invite would be alot more appealing

Drop SJSU, add BYU along with Montana and Montana State. Make the Divisons the following:

MOUNTAIN:

-Montana, MSU, CSU, Wyoming, AF, USU, BYU

WEST

BSU, SDSU, UNR, UNLV, UNM, CSU, Hawaii 

You can't move UNM and CSU to the West without Wyoming and Air Force. If you break up the Front Range Mafia SUDS won't have anything left to bitch about.

Just now, utgrizfan said:

I changed it from what I had before

Not just no but hell no. UNM belongs in the Mountain Division with CSU, AFA, and Wyoming. Too much history, and we have nothing in common with the low altitude freaks in the West.

3 minutes ago, sean327 said:

Not just no but hell no. UNM belongs in the Mountain Division with CSU, AFA, and Wyoming. Too much history, and we have nothing in common with the low altitude freaks in the West.

Idea was trying to keep Rivals together so Montana vs Montana State, Wyoming vs Colorado State, Colorado State vs AF ect. 

1 minute ago, Hugh Jiddump said:

One with a less violent Student Section?

#MeanSJSbullies #BandDorkBeatdown

LOL!!  No one is buying your fantasy land story Huge.  Man, those scrotum neck comments really pissed you off, didn't they?

tenor.gif

Just now, sean327 said:

Your idea sucks. You need to take history into account.

I did, bottom line New Mexico isn't as big a rival when it comes to CSU, WYO and AF. UTEP would be a great rival for UNM and taking geography into account I feel it's the best option:

MOUNTAIN: Idaho, Montana, Colorado, Wyoming, Utah

WEST: California, Hawaii, New Mexico, Nevada, Texas

43 minutes ago, utgrizfan said:

Drop SJSU, add UTEP along with Montana and Montana State. Make the Divisons the following:

MOUNTAIN:

-Montana, MSU, CSU, Wyoming, AF, BSU, USU

WEST

UTEP, SDSU, UNR, UNLV, UNM, FSU, Hawaii 

Wrong wrong wrong... you got teams making the longest treks to play sports in the west? Utep and UNM going back and forth to Hawaii? Makes no sense. 

FSU, SDSU, UNR, and Hawaii are natural fits in the west. UNM Utep, CSU, Wyoming and the AFA belong in the mountain.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

I never understood it either. Plus, El Paso is the second worst city in the United States...right behind Fresno. 

Not a big fan of El Paso but they have good fans and the WAC BB games between Nevada and UTEP had some chippy but memorable moments. They travel well and even with 12 year lows in football attendance, they would still be the 4 th highest in the MWC. If you want to talk demographics, El Paso has exceeded the national average in income growth rates. I wouldn't want to live there but plenty of people do. It would be the 5th (6th if you include Honolulu) biggest MSA in the MWC. I can't see any other worthwhile expansion candidate to split money with. Maybe get a Sun Bowl tie in.

46 minutes ago, sean327 said:

BYU and UTEP. I know UTEP isn't a popular mention here, but they are UNM's traditional rival and they have history with the original WAC members; UNM, CSU, and WYO.

If UTEP stayed in the WAC, they would be in already.  But they made their CUSA bed. (They can't even win there!)