Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

Volleyball

Spartans improve to 7-1 by winning the Drake invitational. They swept Montana today to snag the trophy. :rock:

12833004.jpeg

18 hours ago, HawaiiMongoose said:

Well done SJSU.

UH finally won a 5-setter tonight against a good Baylor team, after losing three previous 5-set matches so far this season including one last night to 10th-ranked BYU.  We've got a real Jekyll-and-Hyde Wahine team this year but I think as the season progresses they'll settle down.  They certainly have the potential to defend their Big West title but only if they play more consistently.

Hawaii might have a new running mate as Cal Poly upsets #23 Wichita State 3-2.  Where's the Big West P6 sticker,@masterfrog?

No love for CSU women's volleyball. Beat both then #15 Florida and then #16 Michigan and still behind both in the polls--- 20-Florida, 21-Michigan, 22-CSU. Oh, well. Just keep winning, just keep winning.

1 hour ago, AKram said:

No love for CSU women's volleyball. Beat both then #15 Florida and then #16 Michigan and still behind both in the polls--- 20-Florida, 21-Michigan, 22-CSU. Oh, well. Just keep winning, just keep winning.

I watch that game on the Stadium national broadcast.  Beating Michigan 3-0. 

2 hours ago, AKram said:

Both started the season higher compared to you and have won more than loss, with Florida at #12 with a high of #3 , and Michigan at #16, to start the season. CSU continuing to win will also helps their RPI which helps their team as well in the rankings.

The answer to all is definitely just keep winning. 

3 Weeks now Hawaii has been unranked and not even receiving votes anymore, sad days are ahead of the program...Pretty soon it will be so long that no need keep track...and I doubt we get ranked again this season even if we blow through the Big West. Jekyll and Hyde this team is, with more downs than ups. Going on a 5 point scoring run only to give up the next 10 is not good and Robyn needs to find out a way to fix that issue. If Robyn can't get this program by next year at latest, to where Dave had the program for the past 4 decades, she needs to go and we need to bring in an actual coach with D1 HC history.

37 minutes ago, ShoichiKUN808 said:

Both started the season higher compared to you and have won more than loss, with Florida at #12 with a high of #3 , and Michigan at #16, to start the season. CSU continuing to win will also helps their RPI which helps their team as well in the rankings.

The answer to all is definitely just keep winning. 

3 Weeks now Hawaii has been unranked and not even receiving votes anymore, sad days are ahead of the program...Pretty soon it will be so long that no need keep track...and I doubt we get ranked again this season even if we blow through the Big West. Jekyll and Hyde this team is, with more downs than ups. Going on a 5 point scoring run only to give up the next 10 is not good and Robyn needs to find out a way to fix that issue. If Robyn can't get this program by next year at latest, to where Dave had the program for the past 4 decades, she needs to go and we need to bring in an actual coach with D1 HC history.

I get the preseason ranking impact, but I figured more than a 3 point jump after those two wins. Sorry to hear about the Rainbow Wahine. Robyn's got monstrous shoes to fill... and I'm not sure how many people out there can fill the void Dave left with his retirement. Maybe give her a bit more time?

8 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

wow, boise, nice showing..

Rachel Roberts @ByRachelRoberts 3h3 hours ago

Minnesota hangs on for a 15-12 win in the fifth set. Unranked BSU becomes the first team this season to take No. 1 Gophers to fifth set.

584163afb27fb.image.jpg

FFY

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

SJSU swept Santa Clara on Saturday and are now 8-3. :cheer: Go Spartans!

Volleyball At Nevada Tuesday To Open MW Play

We play Nevada tonight to begin the MWC schedule. B) They put in a new court at old Spartan Gym. I love that place, lot's of volleyball W's have happened there. Volleyball Faces Tests This Weekend At SCU/SJSU Tournament

Nevada beat SJSU 3-1 in the MWC opener. The Spartans are 8-4 overall and 0-1 in MWC play. Congrats to the Wolfpack.

12 hours ago, crixus said:

Nevada beat SJSU 3-1 in the MWC opener. The Spartans are 8-4 overall and 0-1 in MWC play. Congrats to the Wolfpack.

Very surprised at the outcome.  4 Sr graduated & our only remaining Sr is injured.  We're loaded with Fr & So we expected a long year with growing pains.

The Spartans beat Air Force 3-2 in Colorado Springs today. They improve to 9-4 overall and 1-1 in conference play. 

Gama Continues Climb Up Career Blocking Lists In 3-2 Win At Air Force Saturday

On my back home from the BSU @ UNM women's volleyball game. BSU wins it going away, 3-1. That's a good looking BSU volleyball team!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

The Spartans won @ SUDS last night, 3-2. They're now 10-4 overall and 2-1 in the MWC. :rock:

San Diego, Calif.—The San José State volleyball team fought off two match points and scored three of the final points to defeat San Diego State 3-2 (18-25, 25-23, 27-29, 25-16, 17-15) Thursday night at Aztec Court at Peterson Gym.

If stats tell the tale of the match, then tonight’s stats are very telling. In the three sets the Spartans won, the team hit .384 (42-9-86), while the team hit only .029 in the two sets lost (19-17-70). For the match, San José State hit .224 (61-26-156).

20 hours ago, LoboMan59 said:

On my back home from the BSU @ UNM women's volleyball game. BSU wins it going away, 3-1. That's a good looking BSU volleyball team!

Thanks for the heads up!