Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Oregon State at CSU Game Thread

14 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Oregon State must be the worst team in the PAC-12.

18 hours ago, mugtang said:

IMG_0995.GIF

Never been able to use the same gif in the same thread in the same 24hrs.  Congrats.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 minutes ago, Bruininthebay said:

The difference between many Pac 12 schools and MW schools is not that big.  The Aztecs have just as an intimidating a line as Stanford did.

The biggest difference is depth.  Many schools starting lineups matchup well against each other.  But once you start getting into depth, a lot of those guys coming off the bench for the Pac-12 schools are just as good as the starters.  For the MWC, that's not always the case.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

25 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

You're a fcking moron.  I love the fact that my iPhone no longer auto corrects "fcking."

Oregon State has way more money than Colorado State.  They should not lose to any G5 team by  30 points.

4 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Oregon State has way more money than Colorado State.  They should not lose to any G5 team by  30 points.

Even though they get more revenue that G5 teams, they can still be heavily in debt.  Hell, look at Cal.  P5 conferences make more and spend more because of the arms race.   If that ESPN bubble bursts a lot of the P5 teams will be in deep shit.  We (G5) know how to make do with what we have.       

57 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Oregon State must be the worst team in the PAC-12.

I wouldn't disagree with you after today's game.  And they have to play Portland State next week.

56 minutes ago, AKram said:

I'd argue either of the Arizona schools and definitely Cal for that distinction. They might surprise and make a bowl if they can get the road losing streak monkey off their back.

FWIW, Phil Steele has Zona and Cal as being worse. However, I highly doubt it will turn out that way. It will take Justin Wilcox a while but he'll fix Cal's defense.

Gary Andersen, OTOH, will prolly beat Portland State but then go 0-6 until he gets those other three lousy teams. Doesn't bode well . . .

Boom goes the dynamite.

I'm beginning to think Andersen is another Brady Hoke. Some guys are great at turning around moribund G5 programs but when they reach the power conference level they just don't have what it takes to compete against the Grade A coaches.

Assuming he gets shown the door, Andersen might be great for a second tenure at USU when - not if - Matt Wells gets fired three months from now.

Boom goes the dynamite.

21 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

Gary Andersen did an excellent job at Utah State, but he's been lousy at Oregon St.  Granted he didn't have much to begin with, but this is year 3.  It's possible he won't see a year 4

I think he will make it to year four...OSU doesn't have the money to fire him at this point.  But it doesn't look good for him right now.

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

Also there recruiting rankings are higher the last four to five years. So they should have better players. This is a good win for CSU. I did not think Bobo can beat a team with players who are better. Although I think CSU has done a good job of developing the players we have.

Hell yes.  Way to go Rams!

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."