Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boise fan

Shipping Scammer Part Deux

Okay, so I'm at more than ten scammers trying the same scam.  Only one variant - the "I'm recovering from surgery and can't see the car" type, but this isn't it.

36604545611_e0a1b38db6_b.jpg

36604545261_59500c7f70_b.jpg

36604545681_d3162b129d_b.jpg

I'm seriously doubting any cash or snickers bar will be included.  Address is phony so I'm not sure if the mail delivery will happen again like last time - mind you the name is a dead giveaway.

The "843" area code is South Carolina.  But I'm sure it's spoofed.  Wondering where the USPS priority mail will originate - back in small town Oregon?  Is that dude a busy beaver?  Mailing out bogus checks daily?  Bizarre.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

1 hour ago, modestobulldog said:

It is cool you have time and energy to mess with them, you may need to change your cell phone number.

Meh, it takes more time participating on this board.  It's mildly entertaining.  Definitely more entertaining than Joe's blog though. :ph34r:

15 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

So how do you know these phones are "spoofed"?

You just call them and someone with no idea of what is going on answers

It's pretty easy...

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

8 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

So you have no idea you are just guessing.

Why can't you ever just post the facts?

Read my other thread - I called them. 

I post facts all the time.  I can't help it if people like you skim or don't understand what you read.

1 minute ago, bluerules009 said:

Or the guy answers and is smart enough to act like he has no idea what is going on.

Pretty amazing to have a guy answer when it was a woman who called you in the first place

"Hey bob I'm going to try to call scam these guys, on the off chance they hang up on me and then re-call this phone number could you stand right here to act confused the entire time??"

No. It's spoofing

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Pretty amazing to have a guy answer when it was a woman who called you in the first place

"Hey bob I'm going to try to call scam these guys, on the off chance they hang up on me and then re-call this phone number could you stand right here to act confused the entire time??"

No. It's spoofing

So how do you "spoof", a phone?

If i wanted to do this how would i go about it?

1 hour ago, bluerules009 said:

So how do you "spoof", a phone?

If i wanted to do this how would i go about it?

I don't know how you do it, but it happens all the time.  Only someone living in a cave would not be aware of spoofing.

110926run_defense710.jpg

10 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

I don't know how you do it, but it happens all the time.  Only someone living in a cave would not be aware of spoofing.

A lot of people are "aware the U.S. government were the cause of 911".   I was just trying to get a handle on the likelihood Boise Fan is full of shit as usual.

I guess The Tool thinks those local calls he gets about Microsoft calling to let him know his computer has wirus and is calling them are legit. 

And the robo calls.

Look up "spoof your phone" Tool, on Google.  There are even cards you can buy that do it! 

Watch out now, he'll be spoof calling everyone in a bit.

You can spoof numbers pretty easy using software that sends the text message.  The software (mobile or desktop) swaps out the originating phone's number with one it either randomly generates (in pieces, not every digit is randomly generated, but using known area codes and possibly prefixes, depending on how fancy and thick the veneer of authenticity the scammers want to bring in) or has been preselected and you send the text.

I think it's entertaining.  The longer these guys are on the hook trying to nab Boise fan the less time they have to actually nab someone.  There's some solid stats indicating that slowing down scammers and spammers is the best defense mechanism.

Some guy wrote a spambot to scan his own emails and engage the spammer.  Observe: http://www.mlooper.com/conversations/2592/