Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

SJSU's Brandon Clarke Transferring?

from @MWCwire

Eli Boettger @boettger_eli

Reports are showing that all-Mountain West San Jose State forward Brandon Clarke has been granted permission to speak to other schools.

Mountain West Wire‏ @MWCwire

Potentially massive story developing here. Clarke is a legitimate MWC POY candidate.

Probably just should have given Woj that raise..

I don't recall which SJSU honk was trying to make the argument that the team wanted Woj gone, but this pretty much states otherwise. SJSU went clearance shopping for a new MBB HC and it is going to cost them, again. Worst AD in all of college athletics, at all levels.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

This is bad for SJSU basketball. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, Dogs4Me said:

I don't recall which SJSU honk was trying to make the argument that the team wanted Woj gone, but this pretty much states otherwise. SJSU went clearance shopping for a new MBB HC and it is going to cost them, again. Worst AD in all of college athletics, at all levels.

No way somebody tried to make that agrument....really?  Woj is a coach beloved by his players, at least at BSU.  I remember the year after he left when we played SJSU he and a few players were crying after the game as they hugged each other.

2 hours ago, Dogs4Me said:

It was probably creepy.

43 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

No way somebody tried to make that agrument....really?  Woj is a coach beloved by his players, at least at BSU.  I remember the year after he left when we played SJSU he and a few players were crying after the game as they hugged each other.

Their homer board spun it by making Woj out to be some sort of tyrant who was hated by his own players. They even evidenced it by posting players twitters and pointing to them not openly defending Woj. Pretty much insinuating he was forced out. A few of those sentiments even spilled over here. It was complete and utter homer bullshit. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

1 minute ago, FalesGoesB4Carr said:

Their homer board spun it by making Woj out to be some sort of tyrant who was hated by his own players. They even evidenced it by posting players twitters and pointing to them not openly defending Woj. Pretty much insinuating he was forced out. A few of those sentiments even spilled over here. It was complete and utter homer bullshit. 

That is +++++ing disgusting.....considering what he is going through.

44 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

That is +++++ing disgusting.....considering what he is going through.

Homers gonna homer. Wouldn't be surprised if they spin this Clark thing to academic problems or something of that nature. 

Edit: Nvm. I checked it out. It's Armageddon over there. RIP SJSU basketball. Even the biggest homer of all, @creeper86 has given up on them. They'll go from 50 fans in attendance to 10. Disaster. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

Players come and go for all sorts of reasons.

As to "Woj",  his teams never gave me the impression that they were playing hard for him. Terry had his squad playing hard for him the minute he walked in the door, same with Muss and Marvin.

Losing a player, even a good one isn't the most important thing for SJSU this year.  SJSU fans need to take a season and watch how the squad plays for the new guy. Effort is easy to spot.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

3 hours ago, Hugh Jiddump said:

LOL @ all the SJS bball fans in this thread #HellaTrigged

Just shut up and be the bytch that you and your school are LOL!!!!!!!!

6 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Potentially massive story developing here. Clarke is a legitimate MWC POY candidate.

Probably just should have given Woj that raise..

SJSU can't afford to pay a coach 400 grand or whatever raise the guy was looking for. Just check SJSU football. It's bad enough the two coordinators have never previously held a position with that much responsibility but even the HEAD COACH hasn't been a coordinator before.

Boom goes the dynamite.

41 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

That's not good for the MW. Without Clarke, SJSU is a 300+ computer ranking killer. 

Let's have some foresight, shall we? The Molehill Worst has no long-term future unless it starts doing things to truly step it up. The first event that needs to happen is for San Jose State to GTFO. That isn't going to happen until the Spartan* football and basketball programs both crash and burn. So the rest of us need to put a curb stomping on them in both sports beginning immediately. And don't feel bad for SJSU. If Huge Dump's signature is correct, they DO have a good softball team.:banana:

* Spartan - marked by simplicity, frugality or avoidance of luxury

Boom goes the dynamite.