Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

Keep our weed $$$ home!

That's not how tax distribution works, unfortunately.  And Washoe & Clark counties are both supporting the rural counties.  @bluerules009 seems like a good spot for you to jump in. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

7 minutes ago, mugtang said:

That's not how tax distribution works, unfortunately.  And Washoe & Clark counties are both supporting the rural counties.  @bluerules009 seems like a good spot for you to jump in. 

Stop supporting us.  Let's have every county keep their tax  revenue and have home rule.

Washoe and Clark should join California where they belong.

The rurals would love to to give you back all the bombing ranges, test sites, highway funds, burning man, railway and interstate,    You can have it all.

13 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Stop supporting us.  Let's have every county keep their tax  revenue and have home rule.

The rurals would love to to give you back all the bombing ranges, test sites, highway funds, burning man, railway and interstate,    You can have it all.

Washoe and Clark represent the real Nevada. The rest is shitty Idaho.

7 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

Washoe and Clark are just california transplant towns.

Doesn't matter. Places change. Nevada is now one of the most urban states in the union. Washoe and Clark by any definition are real Nevada. 

10 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

And what are Elko, Lander and Humboldt Counties? You think ALL of the miner trash is homegrown? I spent some time in Elko visiting and old friend recently. Jesus H, there are some rough-arse people in that neck of the woods. 

In all seriousness Nevada is a weird and diverse state and that should be celebrated.  I'm definitely a city kid but I appreciate all the emptiness, quirkiness and colorful folks and towns all around the state. Sure, were a little trashy here and there but that's okay. 

15 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Northern and Southern Nevada should be two states.  I've been saying that for a while.

And what is the basis for that ridiculous idea? The fact that the state is not homogeneous from tip to tip?  

5 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

And what are Elko, Lander and Humboldt Counties? You think ALL of the miner trash is homegrown? I spent some time in Elko visiting and old friend recently. Jesus H, there are some rough-arse people in that neck of the woods. 

When we went through Elko there was a car in the king soopers or smiths or city market or whatever the local kroger brand is there's parking lot driving normal compared to everyone else. We could see from a distance it had Wyoming plates. "Suck it Elko" we thought

We drove behind it and it was from GILLETTE

Congrats Elko, you were too rednecky for GILLETTE

smdh

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

5 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

A renoite or vegas boy saying anything is trash is just hilarious.

3 hours ago, Slapdad said:

And what is the basis for that ridiculous idea? The fact that the state is not homogeneous from tip to tip?  

The north and south have different interests.  No different than California where the Central Valley should be its own state separate from Coastal California.

2 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

The north and south have different interests.  No different than California where the Central Valley should be its own state separate from Coastal California.

How are their "interest" different?

I suppose if you looked hard enough, you would find folks who said the same thing in almost every state. 

21 minutes ago, renoskier said:

How are their "interest" different?

I suppose if you looked hard enough, you would find folks who said the same thing in almost every state. 

Rural Nevada has an interest in keeping their water resources, not being forced to hold events like Burning man or pay for infrastructure for the economic benefit of others.   Rural Nevada would love to be able to keep their tax dollars home.  Unnecessary laws that the california transplants have to bring with them like drivers licenses, real estate licences, licences to cut hair or repair plumbing or all the other myriad of unnecessary laws and taxes promulgated for the benefit of city people.   There is no benefit to the rurals having to support Universities in Reno, las Vegas or Henderson.  Certainly no benefit to having redundant medical schools.

We could use those extra fees and taxes that go to running and providing economic benefit to the california counties.  So that maybe we could have a mental health professional or a health nurse or maybe even a few services out here in the rurals.

You will find the rurals would be completely thrilled if you took all your toys and went home.  There hasn't been  a law passed in 4 decades that was necessary or beneficial to rural counties.

21 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

+++++... I wouldn't wish that shit on my worst enemy.

I love all of Nevada, even being born and raised in Vegas.

I have grandparents that were born in Mesquite and Bunkerville on farms and lived the rural life and then settled in Vegas. Loved the old timey feel and outdoors.

Still go hunting, hiking and jeep riding throughout Nevada.

Nothing too far north simply because of the drive times, but I love how open Nevada is.

Some of the most peaceful and stress free times have been hunting in unconventional areas and hiking a mountain side to sit on top of a rock and hear nothing but the ringing in your ears because of the silence.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

6 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

A renoite or vegas boy saying anything is trash is just hilarious.

Well, you can defend that place all you want but to say those people are native Nevadans is a joke. Hired hands from chit ball Wyoming on a good day? Can you say monster truck and neck tatt?

And yes, they made Fallabaman's look cultured.