Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jackmormon

9% of Americans are cool w/neo nazi views.

12 minutes ago, Rampage said:

If someone called me on the question my answer would be. Yes, Nazi beliefs are acceptable since we have freedom of belief here in America. Do I feel strongly. Yes I believe in freedom to believe in anything since we are a free society.

Now if the question for me to have Nazi beliefs then no.

My thought process might have been similar. I assume all of the somewhat accepting and a good portion of the strongly accepting answers were along this line of thinking.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

36 minutes ago, Rampage said:

If someone called me on the question my answer would be. Yes, Nazi beliefs are acceptable since we have freedom of belief here in America. Do I feel strongly. Yes I believe in freedom to believe in anything since we are a free society.

This is the most reasonable response.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/page/politics/washington-post-abc-news-poll-aug-16-20-2017/2235/

7. Do you yourself think it's acceptable or unacceptable to hold neo-Nazi or white supremacist views? Do you feel that way strongly, or somewhat?

3 strongly, 5 somewhat, net number of 9 :shrug:.

Did you see the cross tabs on that?  Curious how it broke out by party affiliation. 

20 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Did you see the cross tabs on that?  Curious how it broke out by party affiliation. 

That would have been interesting and provided more clarity in the analysis. If a large portion of the acceptable responses came from Republicans the 9% number would have been inflated by almost a third as they conflate the 22% of Republican respondents to its larger share within the American population. Conversely, if Independents or non affiliateds gave an outsized response of acceptable, the 9% number might be too low when the independent responses are weighted against their smaller proportion within the wider population than in the survey.

I think Boise Fan is right in either case. No freaking way 30 million Americans hold neo-Nazi beliefs.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

18 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

That would have been interesting and provided more clarity in the analysis. If a large portion of the acceptable responses came from Republicans the 9% number would have been inflated by almost a third as they conflate the 22% of Republican respondents to its larger share within the American population. Conversely, if Independents or non affiliateds gave an outsized response of acceptable, the 9% number might be too low when the independent responses are weighted against their smaller proportion within the wider population than in the survey.

I think Boise Fan is right in either case. No freaking way 30 million Americans hold neo-Nazi beliefs.

Yeah I suspect it may not have fallen as we assume.   But I'd like to agree that no way 90 million hold neo-nazi beliefs.  But when I read comments sections sometimes I'm not so sure they don't.  

14 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Yeah I suspect it may not have fallen as we assume.   But I'd like to agree that no way 90 million hold neo-nazi beliefs.  But when I read comments sections sometimes I'm not so sure they don't.  

Ah comment sections, where you can actually feel your soul dying in real time.

5 hours ago, Rampage said:

There is a difference between lawful and acceptable. It's also perfectly legal to fart wherever you are. Doesn't mean it's acceptable. 

RE: "wonder where this poll was taken?"

Dearborn, Michigan, Minneapolis/St. Paul or any other Muslim stronghold wld be a good start. Muslims were not jus Nazi sympathisers in WWII, but as a whole served as an ally to Hitler.

#TruthHurts 

12667677.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jiddump said:

RE: "wonder where this poll was taken?"

Dearborn, Michigan, Minneapolis/St. Paul or any other Muslim stronghold wld be a good start. Muslims were not jus Nazi sympathisers in WWII, but as a whole served as an ally to Hitler.

#TruthHurts 

wut

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

28 minutes ago, Hugh Jiddump said:

Are you sure you want to go down this rabbit hole? A lot of people served with the Nazis. Even Jews, Indians, Poles, French, Russians, etc. The Germans were not some supper race that fought everyone. They had a lot of allies. If you are illiterate in history it is not my fault.

Jews who fought for Hitler.

Werner Goldberg

The Strange Case of a Nazi Who Became an Israeli Hitman

Lehi initially sought an alliance with Fascist Italy and Nazi Germany, offering to fight alongside them against the British in return for the transfer of all Jews from Nazi-occupied Europe to Palestine

1 hour ago, Hugh Jiddump said:

So... All American supported Nazis, by your thinking

holy shit sometimes the stupid is so thick you can see it wafting in the air

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

12 hours ago, Boise fan said:

Poll may be 9% but no way 30 million Americans are cool with Nazis. 

No freaking way.

As I have said before, we have the alt right and we have the alt light. People who share a lot of the white nationalist views, but fall well short of enforcing full blown nazism.

I don't think these groups have any real influence and the media attention they get mostly helps them.  I think there's guys out there who have their own personal issues who see things like this and simply latch onto them.  Probably like the guy from Ohio.  

I've lived in Wyoming, S.Dak and Colorado (and California too) and I've never come across anyone who  promoted kkk or anything nazism to any extent. 

On 8/21/2017 at 7:23 PM, jackmormon said:

The only one that's going to believe that poll is people like you. Whether it's over sampling Dems on other polls or manipulating the data or how the question is asked, a huge number of the general public just doesn't trust most of the media anymore. 

The alt right nazi's are still a pathetic and very tiny tiny number of people in the US. The left and most media have had to hype them up in an attempt to come up with a reason why T beat H, and then tie T directly to Nazi's, and then of course Russia.

kat.jpg