Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RamSack

Colorado State vs Oregon St Prediction Thread

The Oregon State bashing in this thread is amusing. A "trash" program? Barely P5? They have been in rebuilding mode. It was not that long ago they were one of the most consistent teams in the P12. In fact, last time I was there for a game, just a few years ago they were #7 in the country.  Some people are delusional if they think OSU is going to be down for more than a few rebuilding years. They are trending up and if CSU does somehow win, that's a solid accomplishment.  Knowing what some of the expectations are coming out of Corvallis this year, I think the Beavs pull it out by at least 10. 

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

No, not like that. Idaho is actually moving down. They are worse. 

Hey fuk-chop, we're still G5 and yes, we did crush CSU; yet, I think they are better this year and won't have to play in the snow.  I think they're going to be very hard on the Beaver....

1 hour ago, madmartigan said:

And your prediction is the team that got blown out by the barely G5 team can beat the team that is barely P5? I think OSU is better this year, and I think CSU will be about the same. 

I think we will be a bit better just based on returning talent and experience but I am 100% in I'll believe it when i see it mode.  Especially on the D side of the ball.

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg

Just now, Scooter said:

I think we will be a bit better just based on returning talent and experience but I am 100% in I'll believe it when i see it mode.  Especially on the D side of the ball.

You still have Gallup. That's very good news. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

2 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

You still have Gallup. That's very good news. 

Offensively I really like our team and Gallup could have a HUGE year but I am just not sold on our Defense.  

Supposedly the guys have gotten bigger and stronger on the D line and we've brought in a couple JUCO's to help.  Even if the front 4 improve I'm still worried about our secondary, esp at CB A RS Freshman (talented but untested) and a Senior who I think is average at best.  If we can slow OSU's run game we might win because I think we have enough firepower on offense.

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg

Slowing OSU's run game will be key.  If you can force OSU to throw it will be interesting. CSU's linebackers will need ice at the end of the day. 

35 minutes ago, Chad Sexington said:

Beavs by two scores. People are down on OSU, but Gary has them playin' ball. 

The GA effect can't be underestimated. Year 3 they'll be right on schedule. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 hour ago, Scooter said:

Offensively I really like our team and Gallup could have a HUGE year but I am just not sold on our Defense.  

Supposedly the guys have gotten bigger and stronger on the D line and we've brought in a couple JUCO's to help.  Even if the front 4 improve I'm still worried about our secondary, esp at CB A RS Freshman (talented but untested) and a Senior who I think is average at best.  If we can slow OSU's run game we might win because I think we have enough firepower on offense.

Meh, Nutt's a decent CB and Hawkins is a soph.  Awangunyi  was looking really good in the spring, and Hawkins beat him out.  I think that says something.  We moved one of our top safeties to backup corner because he was getting beaten out and supposedly our top safety last year is now second string behind Fogal.  We should be much improved at DB.  Whether much improved will be enough improved remains to be seen though.

38 -34 RAMS

3 minutes ago, Utefan1211 said:

I'm choosing the Rams in their new stadium against the worst team in the PAC 12. 

Cal will likely be the worst team in the Pac this year. I think OSU will be much improved, probably better than the Arizona teams too.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

7 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I would feel very confident in a two TD beat down if Boise State played them again.  We did bad, bad things to them last year.  Oregon State mad McNichols some money.  If CSU thinks they are basically as good as Boise State now, no freaking way should they expect to lose a home game to that trash program.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Boise get blown out by that trash program a few years ago when they were like 6-6?...

47 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

The GA effect can't be underestimated. Year 3 they'll be right on schedule. 

CSU won in Logan in Andersen's 3rd year at Utah State.  That Ram team was coached by The Dud aka Steve Fairchild, who would be fired at the end of the season after recording his 3rd straight 3-9 record.

37 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

CSU won in Logan in Andersen's 3rd year at Utah State.  That Ram team was coached by The Dud aka Steve Fairchild, who would be fired at the end of the season after recording his 3rd straight 3-9 record.

Shaq Barrett won that game if I remember correctly...

I predict 61-50 Idaho.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Honestly, one of the major factors is the Oregon State QB.  He was a bench warmer at Idaho behind Linehan (as most would be), but he put up INSANE numbers as a JUCO.  If he's legit, that might be the difference.

4 hours ago, madmartigan said:

And your prediction is the team that got blown out by the barely G5 team can beat the team that is barely P5? I think OSU is better this year, and I think CSU will be about the same. 

I'm not certain that CSU will win, no. They better, though. That is a game the MW needs. 

4 hours ago, VandalPride97 said:

Hey fuk-chop, we're still G5 and yes, we did crush CSU; yet, I think they are better this year and won't have to play in the snow.  I think they're going to be very hard on the Beaver....

Again, I really thought I was going to slip that comment past you. You're too good.