Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Official Solar Eclipse Gear Thread

@BSUTOP25 and I are requesting that you put your gear reports from your solar eclipse viewing in this thread.

While airport reports are incredibly helpful, we think that large gatherings such as this will draw a large enough subsection of the population from which we can glean meaningful insights. 

We are especially looking for CSU reports out in the wild. We've had issues with finding them at airports, likely due to the significant private plane travel that they utilize, so this should be very helpful in determining the scope of their distribution.

We greatly appreciate your assistance in this matter. 

Tons of Giant and Mariners, Volcanoes and Hops(game I'm at), some Dodgers, smattering of Cubs. Saw Nats, Cardinals, Dbacks.

College wise mostly Ducks and Beavs, then Huskies. Couple Cougs, Trojans, saw a Btuin, Sun Devil, Cornhusker.

Just saw a Wyoming sweater, first MWC gear I've seen.

Fresno State boxers...

I'm hanging with a bunch of CSU guys that are wearing track suits, Nikes, and they're getting ready to drink some sort of kool-aid. They keeping talking about immortality and Sonny Lubbick, something about seeing him soon. They're a strange group...turns out one of them is a truck driver from Alaska.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

I'm in Boston this week. At Logan I saw Boston U (not BC), New Hampshire, Penn State, a shitton of Red Sox and Patriots,  Washington Nationals, and a Yankees hat (poor lost soul). 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

I saw lots of Clemson and South Carolina gear. UNC also made a strong showing. I'm sure the lack of CSU gear can be explained by the fact that it was a hot day and people didn't want to get their prized CSU gear sweaty. CSU has a strong fan base throughout the entire nation, including podunk towns in rural South Carolina.

Lobo gear in Wyoming for eclipse...

IMG_5417.JPG

Ok ok... that's my truck... but still...

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."