Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSanDiegan

Watches in School Colors

With the new CFB season upon us and with hoops to follow right around the corner, I am looking forward to turning around what has been to date arguably the singular worst year in San Diego sports history. So with the imminent return of Aztec FB, I'll once again be frontin' the red and black on game day. And as I'm a certifiable watch whore, I thought I'd post a couple game day watches and see if anyone else might similarly have watches in their colors.

My criterion for a game day watch is something I won't mourn in the event I drunkenly lose it or damage it. This means it must be reasonably cheap, though I'd be stoked to see someone post a photo of a nice luxury watch they bought at least in part for this reason.

Certina600.jpg

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

1 minute ago, Headbutt said:

I wear this one every day.  With a much better band on it of course.

st-co3-csr-comp-l__79598.1474064564.250.

Well, that's certainly a school watch - I don't even know if there's an Aztec watch out there, but if there is, it sure as shit better have a spear for the second hand. 

Red and black ain't all too easy to come by in watches. I've been eyeballing a particular Tudor in red and black for some time, but wouldn't wear it to games anyway for the aforementioned reason. This one I will, however.

Bulova600.jpg

Yep - no shortage, that's for sure... Tbh though, the only logo I like to see on a watch is that of the maker. I think AFA/UNR fans have it lucky, with the proliferation of nice blue dials out there. 

Speaking of which, I tried to talk Mug into upping his game and buying an analog watch some time ago... 

1 hour ago, SpartanGrad said:

DSC_2258.jpg

I didn't think to consider yellow gold. But unless you guys are playing your home games this season at the no-limit table at the Wynn, I think it might be overkill on game day (maybe not - I don't know how you roll). If that is your game day watch though, expect to see me at one of your tailgate parties.

I did think of a couple yellow dial watches when I was trying to come up with a good Hoser match. For a game day beater, I thought this would work for you guys -

SKXA35-2.jpg

1 minute ago, AZdogFan said:

I've got a Moto 360 (Android Smart Watch) that lets me change the background. I change it to the Bulldog on game-days.

Nice! That's a cool route to go. If my wife hadn't given me an Apple watch as a gift a couple Christmases ago, I prly would have opted for the 360, as it looks like an analog watch.