Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoboMan59

OT: Journey north for the eclipse…

Douglas is dead center on the path if you can get in there.  I have no idea regarding the crowds.  Totality in Douglas starts at 11:44 AM Mtn.

Just glad to be able to help in your quest.  :)

Entry log, star date 172108... having arriving at satellite Glendo RA (rest area), I have made contact with a number of wondering tribes of "humans", from across the galaxy (aka the US).

We gather, huddled en mass, on this barren satellite, awaiting the dawn of a new day, and bare witness to the celestial event that awaits us all. Nary an empty patch of space left for another starship (ok, car, truck or RV), to achieve orbit... but they'll try!

This is admiral loboman59 signing off... will try to maintain communications with the home planet (ummm, right here) as events unfold... 59 out!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Just found out that we wouldn't have been able to go anyway... wife has to go to the kids school orientation today, and they have a dentist appointment. So now I don't feel bad at all. 

The view this morning from inside my truck canopy...

IMG_5415.JPG

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Alright @toonkee, you talked me into it... I'll be making the drive over to Ontario, OR now. It helps that my boss directed everyone to "work from home", which is code for "F--- it, let's all take a free day off!"

I hope we can all take advantage of this opportunity and not only share what we see in the sky but also what college gear there is around us. @retrofade, maybe you should start an official "Eclipse/College Gear sightings" thread?

Ducks, Beavers, Huskies, Cougars, by the hundreds, fewer Trojans, Sun Devils, and Bruins. Saw a Buffs rear window decal and a lone Huskers shirt.

Mostly MLB oriented stuff here, I myself have my 2003 WS Champs tshirt on to flag myself as the only Marlins west of the Rockies.

44 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Alright @toonkee, you talked me into it... I'll be making the drive over to Ontario, OR now. It helps that my boss directed everyone to "work from home", which is code for "F--- it, let's all take a free day off!"

I hope we can all take advantage of this opportunity and not only share what we see in the sky but also what college gear there is around us. @retrofade, maybe you should start an official "Eclipse/College Gear sightings" thread?

Yes!  

1 hour ago, misplacedcowboy said:

That is an exceptional idea. I just posted the thread, thanks for the excellent suggestion. 

Dude's... I'm at a nuclear medicine appointment and had to eat some eggs laced with radioactive material, the eclipse is coming... 

Call Stan Lee.  This shit is getting crazy.

I'll get 2 minutes and 10 seconds of totality from my front yard, I could drive another 7 to 10 miles up the the road to get the maximum totality.  But what's another few seconds, when I'll have over 2 minutes to begin with from my own house.

I can count on one hand the number of times the fog from Monterey Bay has stuck around past 10 o'clock in the 15 years I've been in this part of the Coyote Valley. Last week we had one of those days, and it looked pretty gloomy out this morning, but it's just another day in paradise down here. Anybody in the surrounding area, if youre stuck in fog it's sunny  down here. #EclipseMode

12667677.jpeg

37 minutes ago, BacksThePack said:

The visiting team from an hour away got stuck in traffic!

Hotel rooms were booked out before the schedule was even set.

I saw a patient last week whose friend lives in Jackson.. she rented her house out for $12,000. For 1 night. 

At least that's what she said, lol. 

15 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

I saw a patient last week whose friend lives in Jackson.. she rented her house out for $12,000. For 1 night. 

At least that's what she said, lol. 

Holy shit! 

This is so freaking cool! Shadows are fading now, the intensity of the sun on the skin is greatly dimmished too!

ill have to post pics later I guess, bandwidth is being eaten up big time here.