Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kingpotato

4**** WR looks like he favors Boise and SDSU

4 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I would vote as many as they can squeeze into the class. It's, by far, the biggest area of need heading into next year. They just got a commit today from a JC WR who looks like a bit of a reach. 

I saw one of the recruiting sites mention you hosted a good SoCal WR and he has Boise top of his list. Don't remember his name, just got me thinking about Ahmad. I think he's Boise bound, but hope I'm wrong.

8 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I would vote as many as they can squeeze into the class. It's, by far, the biggest area of need heading into next year. They just got a commit today from a JC WR who looks like a bit of a reach. 

I just referenced this in the other BSU recruiting thread. Modster and Richardson will be the top returning receivers next year, which is dreadfully frightening. I was hoping Octavius Evans would have played more of a role this season. I wonder if the coaches thought Thomas would become a SWR type .. ? In any case, we're in for a world of hurt once Wilson leaves. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

3 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I just referenced this in the other BSU recruiting thread. Modster and Richardson will be the top returning receivers next year, which is dreadfully frightening. I was hoping Octavius Evans would have played more of a role this season. I wonder if the coaches thought Thomas would become a SWR type .. ? In any case, we're in for a world of hurt once Wilson leaves. 

It's surprising how they aren't developing WRs. They are getting good recruits, but they don't develop. Chaz and Sperbeck weren't recruited to be receivers. Ced was under the radar JC guy. Not a single HS WR recruit has developed under this staff. 

11 minutes ago, Traitmanz said:

So is this guys still down to these 2 schools?

https://247sports.com/college/boise-state/Article/4-star-WR-Khalil-Shakir-Sets-First-Official-109434169

This was just posted in the Boise State thread, but he just updated his top 5 with: Boise State, Arizona, Arizona State, Illinois, and BYU, but he did say that Boise State is his favorite. He is visiting next weekend for the UNR game. There'll be, at least, 5 other Boise State commits in that weekend, as well, including 4**** RB commit Andrew VanBuren. I think he commits that weekend or shortly after he gets back. If he doesn't, I'd say that's a bad sign.

12 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

https://247sports.com/college/boise-state/Article/4-star-WR-Khalil-Shakir-Sets-First-Official-109434169

This was just posted in the Boise State thread, but he just updated his top 5 with: Boise State, Arizona, Arizona State, Illinois, and BYU, but he did say that Boise State is his favorite. He is visiting next weekend for the UNR game. There'll be, at least, 5 other Boise State commits in that weekend, as well, including 4**** RB commit Andrew VanBuren. I think he commits that weekend or shortly after he gets back. If he doesn't, I'd say that's a bad sign.

He meant Ahmad. @Traitmanz it seems that Ahmad is between SDSU and Boise. Boise is closing in on Shakir too, who @kingpotato is talking about

26 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Oops, you would think I would know that... I started this dang thread.

Haha I get ya, following recruiting turns you around. I can't keep all these guys straight half the time. But hey, you get Shakir, and we get Ahmad. Sounds fair to me.

2 minutes ago, badfish said:

Haha I get ya, following recruiting turns you around. I can't keep all these guys straight half the time. But hey, you get Shakir, and we get Ahmad. Sounds fair to me.

Nah, we'll take 'em both... you guys don't need WR's, you don't even throw the ball.

3 hours ago, Traitmanz said:

Trade you 1 box malasadas for Kaniho 

Kid is gunna be a stud. Boise is so deep, young, and talented in the secondary. That's an area Boise used to always be solid. They've dipped a little the last couple years, but looks like they're back and are looking good moving forward. 

On 10/26/2017 at 12:00 AM, BSUTOP25 said:

Yup. I haven't seen enough of Richardson to render an opinion but Modster has manos de piedras. He should be moved to DB.

Boom goes the dynamite.

On 11/9/2017 at 2:29 PM, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Yup. I haven't seen enough of Richardson to render an opinion but Modster has manos de piedras. He should be moved to DB.

Yeah, Modster's hands are too unreliable. Richardson has been playing well lately and they have just started incorporating trFR Octavius Evans and CT Thomas. If they all continue to get better at the end of this year, I think those three are a good three to build around. Plus they are bringing in a stud WR class and hopefully gets even better with an Ahmad commit. 

On September 27, 2017 at 10:14 AM, bsu_alum9 said:

By the way, this guy goes to the same HS that BSU starting cornerback (So.) Reid Harrison-Ducros went to.

Bumping due to amplifying information.

17 hours ago, badfish said:

Bumping due to amplifying information.

Weird that RHD, who played in 10 games as a true freshman and started the first 4 games this season is going to transfer for more playing time.  He did get passed by a rFR and there's a 4* recruit redshirting this year, but still seems weird, especially midway through the season. As for Ahmad, it kind of seems like he's waiting until maybe after the first signing period to see if he can pick up a bigger offer somewhere? Just speculating. 

3 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Weird that RHD, who played in 10 games as a true freshman and started the first 4 games this season is going to transfer for more playing time.  He did get passed by a rFR and there's a 4* recruit redshirting this year, but still seems weird, especially midway through the season. As for Ahmad, it kind of seems like he's waiting until maybe after the first signing period to see if he can pick up a bigger offer somewhere? Just speculating. 

I agree on Ahmad, maybe holding out for Texas/TCU/Oklahoma offer