Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Terrorist Attack in Barcelona

4 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

The Basques have done a few. 

Yep .. could be Basque. No official word yet. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

15 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

grrr, I'm headed there in a month.  I don't ever recall a terrorist incident in Spain before

I'm sorry, what? Nearly 200 people were killed in the 2004 train bombing in Madrid.

Spain has long been a target.....there have been several jihadist plots that have been foiled before they happened and, of course, the 2004 train bombing. The Basque ETA has taken steps to disarm, but haven't completely disbanded yet.

32 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

grrr, I'm headed there in a month.  I don't ever recall a terrorist incident in Spain before

You'll love it. Barcelona is a great city, particularly Las Ramblas, where today's attack took place. 

19 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

I'm sorry, what? Nearly 200 people were killed in the 2004 train bombing in Madrid.

This. That was really horrible.  Bombs were built to cause as many casualties as possible.  Absolutely horrendous.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

3 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

What is it with this trend of using vehicles as killing devices?  Geez.

I know right, it's almost like 1000 kg moving at 50 km/hr is deadlier than 8 grams moving at 1000 km/hr

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

The Basques have done a few. 

Al Qida pulled one off in Spain in 2004 also. That attack changed the outcome of the Spanish election.

1 hour ago, nomascows said:

I am not defending him but perhaps the blowback from Charlottesville taught Cheeto to be more prompt.

While Trump didn't call the VA incident a terrorist attack, the AG did. It took the Obama administration years to call the Ft Hood incident a terrorist attack. Dumb shit happens all the time on both sides.

1 minute ago, easybronc said:

I'm starting to get a sneaking suspicion that you are not a fan of President Trump.

Jack is a fan of who or whatever the DNC tells him to be.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

4 hours ago, Slapdad said:

You'll love it. Barcelona is a great city, particularly Las Ramblas, where today's attack took place. 

Agreed Barcelona is freakin beautiful! I was only there a day and wish I had a month to spend there. I liked it way better than every Italian city I went to except Florence (which is the greatest city I have ever been to yet).

4 hours ago, jackmormon said:

Trump immediately calls this a terror attack. Charlottesville? not so much...

Have you made sure that leaders of Islam have condemned this yet too?  Or did you just run off to Trump's twitter account?