Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

MWCBoard - Guess the Score Week 0

Ladies and gentlemen again we've come to the time of the year when it's time to play our favorite game, Guess the Score.  Again I'll be running the game and will again be using google docs to do it.  For those of you who are unaware here are the rules.  Each week I will post the MWC games for that week.  The home team will always be listed as the second selection.  You will select the winner and how much you think that team will win by.  So let's say the game is Oregon State vs CSU  and you think OSU will win by 20, you will select OSU and enter 20 in the "margin of victory" box.  Let's say OSU wins but they win by 27.  You would receive 7 points.  Let's say CSU wins by 3 you would receive 23 points (20 for guessing OSU would win & 3 for CSU's margin of victory).  Do not enter negative scores.  The goal is to get the lowest score possible.  I will drop the 3 highest scores beginning week 5.  Additionally, if you miss 1 week that will count as one of your highest scores.  If you miss more than 3 weeks you are dropped from the competition.  Also you need to make sure you use the same "member name" each week.  It makes scoring easier, so if you capitalize a letter in your name, you need to do it every week.  If you choose to change your selections, just resubmit your picks.  I will select the most recent submission as your official submission.

Here are your guesses

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

Ladies and gentlemen again we've come to the time of the year when it's time to play our favorite game, Guess the Score.  Again I'll be running the game and will again be using google docs to do it.  For those of you who are unaware here are the rules.  Each week I will post the MWC games for that week.  The home team will always be listed as the second selection.  You will select the winner and how much you think that team will win by.  So let's say the game is Oregon State vs CSU  and you think OSU will win by 20, it will be evidence that you came across some Colorado ditchweed and you will select OSU and enter 20 in the "margin of victory" box.  Let's say OSU wins but they win by 27.  You would receive 7 points.  Let's say CSU wins by 3 you would receive 23 points (20 for guessing OSU would win & 3 for CSU's margin of victory).  Do not enter negative scores.  The goal is to get the lowest score possible.  I will drop the 3 highest scores beginning week 5.  Additionally, if you miss 1 week that will count as one of your highest scores.  If you miss more than 3 weeks you are dropped from the competition.  Also you need to make sure you use the same "member name" each week.  It makes scoring easier, so if you capitalize a letter in your name, you need to do it every week.  If you choose to change your selections, just resubmit your picks.  I will select the most recent submission as your official submission.

Here are your guesses

Just helping out boss.  B)

Warming up the RANKULATOR

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

On 8/17/2017 at 2:06 PM, Warbow said:

Warming up the RANKULATOR

If history is any indication, SDSU's ranking for the first month will be somewhere between 120 and 130 thereby precluding SDSU from ever rising into the top 50.

In honor of Dr. Dre, I'll be calling it the Skankulator.

Boom goes the dynamite.

On 8/19/2017 at 0:41 PM, SleepingGiantsFan said:

If history is any indication, SDSU's ranking for the first month will be somewhere between 120 and 130 thereby precluding SDSU from ever rising into the top 50.

In honor of Dr. Dre, I'll be calling it the Skankulator.

well, no south alabama this year, so there's that. :P