Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

MWC Predictions

2017 MWC Predictions  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the West?

2. 2. Who wins the Mountain?

3. 3. Who wins the MWC Championship game?

• West Division Winner
    • Mountain Division Winner

2 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Boise beats the Aztecs to win the MWC title and then Tennessee hires HARSIN. Foolishly.

This was my vote.  Well except for the Tennessee and Harsin part.

I think CSU loses to both Wyo and Boise.  I don't think Wyo can beat Boise on the Blue.  So unless both Wyo and Boise lose games that they shouldn't lose, it'll come down to Wyo and Bosie in the Mtn.

I don't see anyone threatening SDSU in the West.  I think Hawaii and Fresno are better this year, but not enough to threaten SDSU.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

20 minutes ago, pokebball said:

This was my vote.  Well except for the Tennessee and Harsin part.

I think CSU loses to both Wyo and Boise.  I don't think Wyo can beat Boise on the Blue.  So unless both Wyo and Boise lose games that they shouldn't lose, it'll come down to Wyo and Bosie in the Mtn.

I don't see anyone threatening SDSU in the West.  I think Hawaii and Fresno are better this year, but not enough to threaten SDSU.

The Mountain is gunna be really tough. Not enough people are giving New Mexico any credit and AFA often graduates a lot of starters, but reloads well (generally). USU still has one of the better defenses in the MW. It very well might be another 2 loss team winning the SEC Mountain. 

Agreed, no one is going to come close to SDSU in the West.

29 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Boise beats the Aztecs to win the MWC title and then Tennessee hires HARSIN. Foolishly.

Boise would just grab a lightly groomed Mike Sanford Jr from Western Kentucky... assuming he does well this year.

5 hours ago, pokebball said:

So unless both Wyo and Boise lose games that they shouldn't lose, it'll come down to Wyo and Bosie in the Mtn.

Boise seems to lose one of those games every year and Wyoming has never finished MW play without multiple loses, so I don't know how you could rule that out.

Boise and SDSU both struggle early OOC, giving the rest of the conference false hope, then when conference play rolls around both start playing a very high level but drop one conference game each.  Play eachother in the CCG and the home team wins.

I've got UH and UNM winning their divisions with UH taking the crown. I think things line up pretty well for UH this year...

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

16 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Whaaaa?

Too much Polka Rap for you Mr Mr!

3 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Hawai'i defense is pu pu platter

Our DC is different, we don't play 3 P5 schools to open the season, we have more depth on Defense with all the Freshman playing last year(Keala Santiago(S), Ikem Okeke(LB), Viane Moala(DL), Ro Farris (CB), Jeremiah Pritchard (LB)) and Rolo recruited heavily on Defense especially DL and secondary for this year as well.

The Defense will look improved and the Offense will be better as Rolo opens the playbook a little more as players have gotten more used to the RPO/RnS system.

I still feel SDSU will take the West at least until our QB and OC can figure out the SDSU Defense...

18 minutes ago, ShoichiKUN808 said:

Our DC is different, we don't play 3 P5 schools to open the season, we have more depth on Defense with all the Freshman playing last year(Keala Santiago(S), Ikem Okeke(LB), Viane Moala(DL), Ro Farris (S), Jeremiah Pritchard (LB)) and Rolo recruited heavily on Defense especially DL and secondary for this year.

The Defense will look improved and the Offense will be better as Rolo opens the playbook a little more as players have gotten more used to the RPO/RnS system.

I still feel SDSU will take the West at least until our QB and OC can figure out the SDSU Defense...

No depth on the defense. Losing 3 DL potential starters hurt us bad. The linebackers are set and good. Safeties have no depth, the corners are young and hardly any game experience.

The offense will roll this year.

Special teasm will be a disappointment now that Rigo is gone.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

SDSU and Wyoming go a combined 1-7 in OOC play and are undefeated in league play. Somehow the winner is still the highest ranked G5 team, and pounds the P5 team in the bowl. This leads rampant speculation about everything and an offseason that not even mug can stand

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

52 minutes ago, ShoichiKUN808 said:

Our DC is different, we don't play 3 P5 schools to open the season, we have more depth with all the FR playing last year, and Rolo recruited heavily on Defense especially DL and secondary for this year.

Oh phew, I thought we might have a rogue fanbase on our hands. But nope, that's 12 for 12 MW teams that are gunna be better on both sides of the ball. 

17 hours ago, Fort Fun said:

Boise seems to lose one of those games every year and Wyoming has never finished MW play without multiple loses, so I don't know how you could rule that out.

Sure.  My response assumed that each of us, including CSU, will lose at least one game we shouldn't.  Kinda looking at those losses as a constant for all of us.

The World Needs More Cowboys!