Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

Trump is considering pardoning blatant racist, Joe Arpaio

16 minutes ago, retrofade said:

They need to legalize it here. Between Trump and the idiots in our legislature, I need something other than booze to get through it all. 

First it needs to be removed as a schedule 1 drug.  Nothing meaningful can happen until that does.  Right now it may be legal in a few states, but companies still penalize workers if it's in their system from random drug tests, and won't hire users, and the feds can still swoop in and make your life a living hell if they want.  So it's more "tolerated" than "legal".

And with a dipshit like Trump in office, the jackboots may come a marchin'.

Idaho will be one of the last states to legalize it.  North Carolina will fair better, but a dozen other states need to legalize it first.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

4 minutes ago, Boise fan said:

First it needs to be removed as a schedule 1 drug.  Nothing meaningful can happen until that does.  Right now it may be legal in a few states, but companies still penalize workers if it's in their system from random drug tests, and won't hire users, and the feds can still swoop in and make your life a living hell if they want.  So it's more "tolerated" than "legal".

And with a dipshit like Trump in office, the jackboots may come a marchin'.

Idaho will be one of the last states to legalize it.  North Carolina will fair better, but a dozen other states need to legalize it first.

You're absolutely correct. The issue with removing it as a Schedule One has more to do with the pharma industry than anything else, as they don't want to lose business, and/or they want to be able to control legal supply. 

In Durham, where I live, it is essentially legal, but completely decriminalized... I think you get a slap on the wrist fine in most instances. They enforce it a lot more just a few miles down the road in Raleigh though. 

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

You're absolutely correct. The issue with removing it as a Schedule One has more to do with the pharma industry than anything else, as they don't want to lose business, and/or they want to be able to control legal supply. 

In Durham, where I live, it is essentially legal, but completely decriminalized... I think you get a slap on the wrist fine in most instances. They enforce it a lot more just a few miles down the road in Raleigh though. 

In Idaho you can still serve a longer prison sentence for possessing weed than rapists and some killers.

1 minute ago, Boise fan said:

In Idaho you can still serve a longer prison sentence for possessing weed than rapists and some killers.

That's just insane to me, and it's why marijuana should be legal, and other drugs should be decriminalized. Putting people in prison for 10, 15, 20 years for drug possession is just insane. But the for-profit prison industry is making too much money on that shit for meaningful reform to actually take place. 

Just now, retrofade said:

That's just insane to me, and it's why marijuana should be legal, and other drugs should be decriminalized. Putting people in prison for 10, 15, 20 years for drug possession is just insane. But the for-profit prison industry is making too much money on that shit for meaningful reform to actually take place. 

Completely agree!

3 hours ago, Boise fan said:

I sometimes wonder if Trump really is as stupid and clueless as he appears, or if he is looking for an out to the job.

Then he opens his mouth and dispels all ability to think he's anything but stupid and clueless.

Have you noticed that he uses the word, considering, a lot?  The media falls for it every time.  That's his way of tossing a bone to a pack of dogs and watch them fight over it..