Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

babs

Charlottesville: Race and Terror

These fringe groups are dumb, reckless and they hate the legal system.  That's why they get sued for their violence and results with draining their finances.  Over time they get new financing and the cycle repeats.  For now, I hope Heather Heyer's parents find a way to sue the hell out of them.        

18 minutes ago, aztech said:

These fringe groups are dumb, reckless and they hate the legal system.  That's why they get sued for their violence and results with draining their finances.  Over time they get new financing and the cycle repeats.  For now, I hope Heather Heyer's parents find a way to sue the hell out of them.        

I guess you can sue anyone for anything.  Should the cops families who died in the helicopter crash sue them?

14 hours ago, Boise fan said:

If you guys watch the video it's clear that the white supremacists came with the idea of starting violence.  They came armed and would do things to provoke the opposition. 

And the antifa and others on the protesting side would also try and provoke violence.  It was a powder keg.  The police should have declared it an unlawful assembly earlier, but both sides were spoiling for a fight.

It's no surprise to me that fights started.  I was actually surprised that it didn't devolve into a massive brawl many times.  Mini brawls happened, but there were some moments it looked like it would become an all out brawl and didn't. 

In my opinion if a group comes to protest, protest.  But if they come armed to the teeth and spoiling for a fight, it should be stopped by the authorities.  Their right to demonstrate would be revoked because of the threat to public peace and security.

The Nazis got their free publicity.  It may succeed to recruit some of the screwed up youth and others who are racist.  But to the rest of us it just looks like hate and bigotry and everything America doesn't stand for.

It's clear the Nazis purpose was to incite a riot.

1 minute ago, easybronc said:

I guess you can sue anyone for anything.  Should the cops families who died in the helicopter crash sue them?

Yeah, if there's any money left over.

11 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

This is so much better than chanting and punching Nazis. These idiots can't convince anyone of their ideology to anyone with half a brain. Just watch the vice video and see how terrible they look when they try to espouse their ideology. Maybe Spencer and Milo can project the veneer of intellectual thought, but shine a light on anyone else and I guarantee many of those young white guys who get a kick out of making racist memes and pissing off SJW will come to realize it's not really a big joke. They are on the side of total idiots. Fighting the idiots only makes it seem like a war is going on between the liberated and the uptight, with the Nazis paradoxically coming off as liberated.

Then again I might be underestimating how huge a roll trolling is to much of the alt right. Maybe they have all thought this through and desire to be racist shitheads.

In any case, I like your idea skier. Unfortunately I think we are headed for violence and bloodshed instead.

Spencer can only last so long with his pseudo intellectual bullshit. after about 5 or ten minutes, he goes full Nazi.

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

Yes, fighting these guys in the mud on their own level doesn't help. 

Unrest like this is generally caused by people who feel something is being taken from them or there is some sort of unfairness leveled against them. That is a big reason why Trump won the election and why this stuff is going on now. People with a sense of economic security and opportunity generally aren't going to do this type of thing.

The world and the USA are changing too fast to not have unrest.  It's freaking people out. 

Maybe, but it would make me feel a lot better to smack a Nazi with a stick. :D

11 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

This is so much better than chanting and punching Nazis. These idiots can't convince anyone of their ideology to anyone with half a brain. Just watch the vice video and see how terrible they look when they try to espouse their ideology. Maybe Spencer and Milo can project the veneer of intellectual thought, but shine a light on anyone else and I guarantee many of those young white guys who get a kick out of making racist memes and pissing off SJW will come to realize it's not really a big joke. They are on the side of total idiots. Fighting the idiots only makes it seem like a war is going on between the liberated and the uptight, with the Nazis paradoxically coming off as liberated.

Then again I might be underestimating how huge a roll trolling is to much of the alt right. Maybe they have all thought this through and desire to be racist shitheads.

In any case, I like your idea skier. Unfortunately I think we are headed for violence and bloodshed instead.

There was a lot of inherent racism shown during the Obama presidency.  It's not that surprising it's on the upswing. 

It is really sad however.

Nationalism breeds racism in my opinion

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

10 minutes ago, Mano said:

Some racists not there for violence, just there to have fun.

wow.  I thought the fun part for these guys is to get in fights.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

2 hours ago, jackmormon said:

It's clear the Nazis purpose was to incite a riot.

And equally clear it was Antifa's purpose to attack the Nazis.  There were people who were there with peaceful intentions, but there were people will ill intent on both sides.  Peaceful assembly is a right - violent asshattery is not.  There were people participating in violent asshattery on both sides - and both sides were wrong to do so. 

(However, that doesn't excuse, condone, mitigate, or otherwise diminish that the skinheads/nazis/racists are evil +++++tards.  And the guy who murdered people with his car should hang - after a trial in court, not at the hands of self-appointed vigilantes.)

Aztec-Nation-Banner2010-03.gif

37 minutes ago, Monty93 said:

And equally clear it was Antifa's purpose to attack the Nazis.  There were people who were there with peaceful intentions, but there were people will ill intent on both sides.  Peaceful assembly is a right - violent asshattery is not.  There were people participating in violent asshattery on both sides - and both sides were wrong to do so. 

(However, that doesn't excuse, condone, mitigate, or otherwise diminish that the skinheads/nazis/racists are evil +++++tards.  And the guy who murdered people with his car should hang - after a trial in court, not at the hands of self-appointed vigilantes.)

If you are in the middle of a mob f nazis wearing body armor with clubs and guns, shouting the N word and the K word at people in the counter protest, you are not a peaceful protester.

a peaceful protestor would walk away.

the vast majority of the counter protesters were local folks.

4 hours ago, easybronc said:

Shaming them is one idea and its already been started.  I suppose they'll start putting sheets over their heads if they don't want to be identified, or they could "crawl back to their mama's basement", or they could evolve into something more respectable.  

Either would be acceptable and a victory for America.

"or they could evolve into something more respectable."

???????

tolerant non-racist Americans?

20 hours ago, renoskier said:

That dude really shouldn't be getting into any fights. Damn, half the women at the gym I go to would kick his ass.

This appeals to my belief that stupidity should be painful.  And that boy is screaming "Ow! Ow! Ow!" all the way home...

Aztec-Nation-Banner2010-03.gif

One of the "Pro Confederate" Rally's organizers, Jason Kessler, looks to have a strong pedigree in the Obama agenda. He's a former Community Organizer and Occupy member who up and switched political sides after Trump got elected. #Weird

From the ultra right wingers at Southern Poverty Law Center:

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/individual/jason-kessler

12667677.jpeg