Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Emotions are raw and temperatures are running hot

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Now I'm triggered. I'd blocked that out.

Really the GOP field should've been 3-4 candidates.  Trump didn't win a majority in the primaries. He won a plurality and likely would've lost had he gone head to head with Rubio, Kasich or Cruz (gulp). 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

20 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

@mugtang is out of control!!!!

???

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

On 8/16/2017 at 0:09 AM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Fwiw, my comment was ironic. I don't think anyone here - even the most ardent of trumpettes - is an extremist. I do think, however, that when the president refuses to condemn white supremacists, the people who defend/agree with him need to understand exactly what they're doing. By making the "but both sides!" argument, you're giving in to exactly what people like David Duke and Richard spencer want. They're attempting right now to take their "movement" off of the fringe and force it into mainstream debate. We're as close as we've been in 100 years to to white supremacy being considered a cogent, rational line of thought in American politics. 

I don't want to contribute to the toxic, divisive environment that 45 has wrought. However, we all have to understand the stakes here and not be fooled by silly arguments. I'm more frustrated by 45's response to Charlottesville than the event itself, and I can't understand how anyone could defend or agree with what he said. By the same token, I'm struggling to comprehend how anyone could watch what went down over the weekend - white men chanting "blood and soil" while holding torches, as chilling an image as there is in any history book - and engage in the ugliest version of whataboutism we've seen yet. 

I took all of that frustration out in a snarky, disingenuous way on @westfan, and for that, I sincerely apologize. 

The partisan reporting and claims are just getting old.

1) Trump didn't refuse to condemn the white supremacists he just condemned both sides, pointing out correctly that were both using violence.

2) Not much more than 50 years ago white supremacy was mainstream democratic party politics.

3) it is interesting that Nazis are so reviled in this country especially by the left.  When we have far more recently and often fought communists in far longer confrontations that killed far more people in this world.   There is no comparison in the devastation that the left and communism has committed with Nazis who were pretty much defeated in short order.  Even during the time Nazis were at the peak of their power, communists killed far more of their own citizens.

4)  I was listening to NPR today and they claimed like 70ish% terrorist attacks were right wing motivated and 30%ish islamic terrorism motivated.  As if the left never had a violent bone in their body.  As if these attacks and many others never happened.

Ismaaiyl Abdullah Brinsley’s politically motivated ambush killing of two New York City police officers on December 20, 2014. Micah Johnson’s politically motivated ambush killing of five Dallas police officers on July 7, 2016. Black separatist Gavin Long’s ambush killing of three police officers in Baton Rouge, La., on July 17, 2016.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/450498/domestic-terror-threats-media-mislead-alt-right-leftists-anti-cop-jihadists

53 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

Was roswellcoug banned? Where?

18 hours ago, roswellcoug said:

I'm a Cantwell libertarian, kindred spirit to @retrofade and @BSUTOP25 among others on the board. 

18 hours ago, mugtang said:

I've decided that you've become a cancer to my forum and will no longer post here.  See ya!

18 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

What thread? 

White supremacist rally thread. 

On 8/16/2017 at 0:09 AM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I do think, however, that when the president refuses to condemn

I am not so sure, when did we get this asinine notion that certain people in leadership have to condemn every stupid thing that happens?  And if they don't, they are somehow condoning, supportive, or indifferent to what has happened. It seems that when a president comments on something, it automatically magnifies, draws attention, and legitimizes the stupid crap being done. When it's done quickly it often is wrong .... Trayvon Martin, the beer Summit, and a host of other examples on both sides.

16 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

The partisan reporting and claims are just getting old.1)

It seems like the media whips this stuff up, then the bad crap that happens becomes a macabre sport of sorts.  Good for ratings though.

110926run_defense710.jpg

On 8/16/2017 at 0:17 AM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Wrong.  Laughably so.  20 years?  Maybe.  100 years?  So very wrong.

Almost 50 years. Not since the 1968 third party run of George Wallace and his lunatic running mate Curtis LeMay who as head of the Air Force advocated that the U.S. nuke the Soviet Union during the Cuban Missile Crisis. You have to be really old like me to know how scary that was. Tweedledee and Tweedledumb actually got 46 electoral votes.

Boom goes the dynamite.

On 8/16/2017 at 7:23 PM, mugtang said:

Really the GOP field should've been 3-4 candidates.  Trump didn't win a majority in the primaries. He won a plurality and likely would've lost had he gone head to head with Rubio, Kasich or Cruz (gulp). 

That goes for the Dems as well.  The stars aligned and neither party nominated candidates who were refreshing, respected, younger and moderate.  We the people deserved much, much better than Hillary and Trump.  The extreme left and right are the ones making all the noise and that's what's bringing out these fringe groups.  A moderate in office could have prevented the turmoil going on right now, regardless of party. 

5 hours ago, aztech said:

That goes for the Dems as well.  The stars aligned and neither party nominated candidates who were refreshing, respected, younger and moderate.  We the people deserved much, much better than Hillary and Trump.  The extreme left and right are the ones making all the noise and that's what's bringing out these fringe groups.  A moderate in office could have prevented the turmoil going on right now, regardless of party. 

Thank you.  I keep hearing that we got the candidates and the POTUS that we deserve.  BS.  The American people by and large deserved much better.

5 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Thank you.  I keep hearing that we got the candidates and the POTUS that we deserve.  BS.  The American people by and large deserved much better.

We definitely deserved better... but the adversarial politics that plague our country gave us two candidates that were almost equally as reprehensible. Then to top it off, we ignored third party candidates that might actually have been better. Our political system is a joke at this juncture, and that's why Trump is "what we deserved", because we continue to perpetuate a garbage two party system that allows the Dems and GOP to force people like Hillary and Trump down our throats as the "only" options. 

On 8/18/2017 at 8:23 PM, bluerules009 said:

The partisan reporting and claims are just getting old.

1) Trump didn't refuse to condemn the white supremacists he just condemned both sides, pointing out correctly that were both using violence.

2) Not much more than 50 years ago white supremacy was mainstream democratic party politics.

3) it is interesting that Nazis are so reviled in this country especially by the left.  When we have far more recently and often fought communists in far longer confrontations that killed far more people in this world.   There is no comparison in the devastation that the left and communism has committed with Nazis who were pretty much defeated in short order.  Even during the time Nazis were at the peak of their power, communists killed far more of their own citizens.

4)  I was listening to NPR today and they claimed like 70ish% terrorist attacks were right wing motivated and 30%ish islamic terrorism motivated.  As if the left never had a violent bone in their body.  As if these attacks and many others never happened.

Ismaaiyl Abdullah Brinsley’s politically motivated ambush killing of two New York City police officers on December 20, 2014. Micah Johnson’s politically motivated ambush killing of five Dallas police officers on July 7, 2016. Black separatist Gavin Long’s ambush killing of three police officers in Baton Rouge, La., on July 17, 2016.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/450498/domestic-terror-threats-media-mislead-alt-right-leftists-anti-cop-jihadists

Bernie Bro gunning for the Republican baseball team....

down the memory hole, apparently.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

4 hours ago, retrofade said:

We definitely deserved better... but the adversarial politics that plague our country gave us two candidates that were almost equally as reprehensible. Then to top it off, we ignored third party candidates that might actually have been better. Our political system is a joke at this juncture, and that's why Trump is "what we deserved", because we continue to perpetuate a garbage two party system that allows the Dems and GOP to force people like Hillary and Trump down our throats as the "only" options. 

I don't think any of the 3rd party candidates would have been better this go around - too much looney for my tastes.  And I say this as a registered member of a third party.  JMHO, but I definitely agree with the overall tenor of your post.

v0icAvfW.jpg

2 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I don't think any of the 3rd party candidates would have been better this go around - too much looney for my tastes.  And I say this as a registered member of a third party.  JMHO, but I definitely agree with the overall tenor of your post.

I think that Gary Johnson, for his flaws, would have been a far sight better than Hillary, and infinitely superior to the Tweeter in Chief. 

Everybody would have handled Charlottesville in a better way than Trump did. The man's inability to construct a coherent sentence above 2nd grade level finally bit him. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

38 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Everybody would have handled Charlottesville in a better way than Trump did. The man's inability to construct a coherent sentence above 2nd grade level finally bit him. 

I agree that most anyone would have handled Charlottesville in a better way, but not because they are more articulate than Trump. Trumps issue is his core beliefs that there are "fine people" out there marching with Nazis, not that he fumbled his words.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan