Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wolfpack1

CBS Sports Bracketology

We cannot continue being a 1 bid league.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

11 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Do we have any chance to not be this year. Do we have any teams capable of getting any signature wins? Lots of question marks among the expected top tier of the MW.

27 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Do we have any chance to not be this year. Do we have any teams capable of getting any signature wins? Lots of question marks among the expected top tier of the MW.

I could see Nevada beating TCU and/or Texas Tech who should both be fringe top 25 teams. But yes, I am an absolute homer.

If Boise/SDSU/Nevada/UNLV/CSU are able to have success OOC we could be a 2-bid league. We should be better than last year IMO.

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

It does look deeper, but equally less top heavy. 

Boise hasn't released it's OOC schedule yet, but they are playing in the Puerto Rico tournament with some good opportunity for wins. They aren't being talked about much, but they might have Leon's best team returning and add two decent looking SR transfers to go along with one of the frontrunners for POTY in Hutch. 

9 hours ago, mugtang said:

We will until we get better schedules top to bottom. We need to start knocking off some bluebloods at the top and the bottom needs to stop losing to 200+ RPI teams (I say this fully aware that UNLV likely has its worst OOC schedule in its history this season).

I still think we are a few seasons out from multiple bids, but I do think it will return. I think Weir will prove to be a good hire at UNM, ditto for Menzies. Leon and Dutch will keep doing their thing. I'd like to see Terry take a step up as Fresno has been close. Hopefully UNR can keep Muss a little while longer. I think CSU will move beyond Eustachy before too long (hopefully to an upgrade) and Edwards looks like a great hire at WYO. I really hope SJSU hired the right guy, but hard to tell... USU hired the wrong guy.

10 hours ago, mugtang said:

Mike Bronson is pretty sure it will.

The MWC... it seems like they're getting somewhere but not getting anywhere.

9 hours ago, bigd said:

I could see Nevada beating TCU and/or Texas Tech who should both be fringe top 25 teams. But yes, I am an absolute homer.

If Boise/SDSU/Nevada/UNLV/CSU are able to have success OOC we could be a 2-bid league. We should be better than last year IMO.

Texas Tech is not a top 25 team.  They couldn't make the tournament last year with the oldest P5 roster in college basketball.  What makes you think this year will be different?

Regarding TCU, I would be surprised if they didn't make the tournament this year.

16 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Texas Tech is not a top 25 team.  They couldn't make the tournament last year with the oldest P5 roster in college basketball.  What makes you think this year will be different?

Regarding TCU, I would be surprised if they didn't make the tournament this year.

Sounds like ringing endorsements of both programs. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

41 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Sounds like ringing endorsements of both programs. 

Texas Tech will be lucky to go 9-9 in Big XII play.  There are no pushovers in that conference.  I wouldn't be surprised if they came in 9th place ahead of Iowa State.

2 hours ago, ph90702 said:

We also have Rhode Island at home who made it to the 2nd round.

4 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Just pretty sure? 

350.png

Mike Bronson has been proved correct.  The Mountain Westeros is a one bid realm.

6 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Like football, have to start winning big games OOC. I think it's not out of the realm of possibilities to have a 2 bid league this year, but things have to go right. Going forward, I think there will be multiple bids in coming years, but this year is iffy, if not doable. 

Mike Bronson believes it will be 2-3 years of the programs sceduling like they want multiple bids before the committee will even consider it.  Revis University and Colorado college of mining and witchcraft will need to cycle out of the OOC schedules, first.

The teams in the conference need to stop scheduling games exclusively within 500 miles of their campus.  They need to start playing teams in the Central and Eastern time zones.  Also, they need to stop scheduling Big Sky teams.

10 minutes ago, kalua pig said:

kalua pig believes the big west will have as many teams in the dance as the mwc.

two bids can happen cuz :D