Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

OT: Sophisticated men drink cocktails

4 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

I’m a purist.  I usually go with a vodka martini or a bourbon.  If I’m having a cocktail, it’s usually an old fashioned or a Campari with soda.  If I’m in the tropics, I go with a mojito or some foo-foo drink I wouldn’t be caught dead with in the states.

I also make limoncello, which is damn good after a big meal.  Sometimes, I'll mix it with some soda for a light summer drink.

Hold on just a minute bub! If you were, in fact, a purist, you would prefer a gin martini. B)

Now that I've given my cocktail preferences... my drink of choice is still a scotch, neat... preferably islay. 

I have some Glen Moray Chardonnay Cask sitting on my booze shelf right now. I may have to open it up tonight since I'm taking a break from school until Thursday. 

7 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

True, true.  But I hate gin. 

I prefer a vodka martini too, so I can't bust your balls too much. A dirty martini, in fact, is my favorite. I did forget to add a bloody mary to my list of drinks. It is especially well-suited to traveling, skiing, and golf. And mornings. And afternoons. 

1 minute ago, Slapdad said:

I prefer a vodka martini too, so I can't bust your balls too much. A dirty martini, in fact, is my favorite. I did forget to add a bloody mary to my list of drinks. It is especially well-suited to traveling, skiing, and golf. And mornings. And afternoons. 

You need to experience Duke's. Alessandro will serve up a damn mean martini with both gin and vodka.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

4 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

There is no such thing as a gin martini... that's just called a martini. :ph34r:

To avoid confusion, I specified that it is gin. Surely you can afford me that additional descriptor. :shots:

1 hour ago, fearthefumanchu said:

I'm very much a beer and shot of whisky guy.

Favorites are Glenlivet and Johnny (green or better), but I'm not too paticular, I'll drink the  house stuff.

Great minds think alike although I prefer Tullamore Dew or Jameson.

Actually, the last several months I've pretty much given up whiskey. Drinking it used to make me feel sophisticated but eventually it just made me feel like an arrogant lush.

Boom goes the dynamite.

5 hours ago, RogueStout said:

Went through a margarita phase this summer.

Lunazul

Fresh squeezed lime juice

Simple syrup (brown sugar gives it a nice tint)

Splash of Grand Marnier

Ice

No salt

Add a float of Mezcal and that's a drink. Jose Andres introduced me to that drink and has has at his Vegas restaurant at Comsopolitan. Called a Ron Cooper. 

I love all cocktails but generally go for bourbon, whiskey or gin. Also tend to like cocktails made with beer. 

I usually drink Manhattan's, any Mezcal cocktail, used to like Aviation, so many to choose. Can't stand sweet cocktails although I do enjoy many a Tiki drink. 

7 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

Why do i get the feeling hipsters are about to ruin booze the same way the ruined beer.

Sorry but corporate marketing ruined beer, just like it ruined ribs.  Beer has never been better.  Even the old go to's (Stone, Ballast Point) are getting left behind by better options.

To stay on topic, back when I drank cocktails my drink of choice was Bourbon.