Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

OT: Sophisticated men drink cocktails

23 hours ago, Dogs4Me said:

My party drink is Costco French Vodka with some lemon San Pelligrino in a short glass filled with ice. Gotta keep it simple if you're gonna get trashed.

If that's the flavor profile you enjoy, you'll be happy to hear that in June they re-released Zima. It's only available for a limited time though...

20 minutes ago, FSpoopypants said:

If that's the flavor profile you enjoy, you'll be happy to hear that in June they re-released Zima. It's only available for a limited time though...

LMAO...

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

On 8/15/2017 at 3:53 PM, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Great minds think alike although I prefer Tullamore Dew or Jameson.

Actually, the last several months I've pretty much given up whiskey. Drinking it used to make me feel sophisticated but eventually it just made me feel like an arrogant lush.

i really like Jameson as well. Never tried tullamore.

On 8/15/2017 at 0:53 PM, SDSUfan said:

Why do i get the feeling hipsters are about to ruin booze the same way the ruined beer.

Nah. If you have a lot of lavender infused imperial pale lager extra sweet sour bitter in your area, that means the market is saturated with good more regular beers, so that's a good thing. Like it or not, those hipsters you're hating on are a driving force behind some of the best beer mankind has ever tasted.

When it comes to liquor, I'm a pretty conservative drinker. Bourbon on the rocks, an occasional martini (with a twist). I love a mint julep in the summer, and caipirinha, mojito, or even a Moscow mule are tasty too. Generally, I'll give pretty much any drink a shot (no pun intended), though I have learned to be careful with anything too creamy and/or anything that screams hangover, i.e. super fruity stuff or drinks with 17 types of alcohol.

12 hours ago, Slapdad said:

SF drinks more Fernet per capita, but it's Argentina's national drink (with coke, not a shot like in SF). It has enjoyed a cult-like resurgence in SF the past 20 years.....some hipster movement with bartenders is to blame. It tastes like cough syrup.

I am truly not a fan. My jam lately is Mezcal. I encourage all of you with Tequila on your selves to throw it in the trash and get a bottle of Mezcal. 

Related image

spartan-hands.gif

13 hours ago, FSpoopypants said:

Might need to ease in slowly with a couple of these first...   

deaa3d0b65d3d76b4da2df2865b650db80d7f3ff

New-Signature.jpg

On 8/16/2017 at 5:45 PM, Dogs4Me said:

That smokey stuff is excellent.

My party drink is Costco French Vodka with some lemon San Pelligrino in a short glass filled with ice. Gotta keep it simple if you're gonna get trashed.

What measures per part?  Votka to San Pelligrino to ice?

If you haven't yet, go get a small bottle of Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey and a 2 liter of Coke...  Absolute bliss.

New-Signature.jpg

On 8/15/2017 at 5:04 PM, retrofade said:

Now that I've given my cocktail preferences... my drink of choice is still a scotch, neat... preferably islay. 

I have some Glen Moray Chardonnay Cask sitting on my booze shelf right now. I may have to open it up tonight since I'm taking a break from school until Thursday. 

slViKEy.jpg

There's my favorite "cocktail". 

2 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

What measures per part?  Votka to San Pelligrino to ice?

If you haven't yet, go get a small bottle of Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey and a 2 liter of Coke...  Absolute bliss.

A few cubes of ice, about 3/4 vodka, and then a 1/4 of the San Pelligrino...it's actually refreshing and clean while being very simple to make. I like to drink my booze, not spend a bunch of time playing Harry Potter mixing the shyte up...it's booze, keep it simple.

I am not into the JD, bought a single barrel bottle at one point to try and it just wasn't my deal. I will admit to enjoying a good, dark rum and some Coke...a touch of vanilla in some cases.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

10 hours ago, Dogs4Me said:

A few cubes of ice, about 3/4 vodka, and then a 1/4 of the San Pelligrino...it's actually refreshing and clean while being very simple to make. I like to drink my booze, not spend a bunch of time playing Harry Potter mixing the shyte up...it's booze, keep it simple.

I am not into the JD, bought a single barrel bottle at one point to try and it just wasn't my deal. I will admit to enjoying a good, dark rum and some Coke...a touch of vanilla in some cases.

I wasn't into JD until Tennesse Honey came out either.  If one of your friends is mixing it up, just try some with coke...

I've had pretty good experience with the Cracken Black spiced rum, a dash of vanilla, and Coke...

92035-15699.jpg

Ha!  Didn't even finish reading your post to see you also add vanilla..

Great minds, Dogs....

giphy.gif

New-Signature.jpg

20 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

I wasn't into JD until Tennesse Honey came out either.  If one of your friends is mixing it up, just try some with coke...

I've had pretty good experience with the Cracken Black spiced rum, a dash of vanilla, and Coke...

92035-15699.jpg

Great minds, Dogs....

Real men enjoy Big Black Dick. 

1579549931_67ff87a8bb_z.jpg?zz=1

Product of the Cayman Islands and available in various flavors.

24 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

92035-15699.jpg

Great minds, Dogs....

giphy.gif

God dammit child, honey bourbon with Coke? Yuk!!!!

Do you still need a spoonful of sugar to make the medicine go down?

Just now, renoskier said:

God dammit child, honey bourbon with Coke? Yuk!!!!

Do you still need a spoonful of sugar to make the medicine go down?

I was pounding straight Evan Williams when I was a dumb fu/ck, blacking out every night..  I prefer to enjoy the drink..

Give it a try...

New-Signature.jpg

3 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

I was pounding straight Evan Williams when I was a dumb fu/ck, blacking out every night..  I prefer to enjoy the drink..

Give it a try...

I'm actually enjoying a bourbon with a splash of Coke, just a splash, right now. And I like honey bourbon on the rocks. Honey bourbon and Coke....way too sweet. 

With no disrespect, your taste will change as you age. 

18 minutes ago, renoskier said:

I'm actually enjoying a bourbon with a splash of Coke, just a splash, right now. And I like honey bourbon on the rocks. Honey bourbon and Coke....way too sweet. 

Agreed. I enjoy a good bourbon or scotch, either neat or on the rocks. As you get older, you learn to appreciate the liquor, not the blacking out. 

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

Well fu/ck, I'm about to crumble into dust as it is...

As I mentioned before, I used to drink bourbon and other stuff striaght, but I'd get bad stomach pains and all sorts of acid reflux.   Shit, I was like 23...

I'd dominate a bunch of shots in the moment, then I'd be paying for it for the next few days..

Gotta have a mixer for the ol internals..

New-Signature.jpg

1 hour ago, Slapdad said:

Agreed. I enjoy a good bourbon or scotch, either neat or on the rocks. As you get older, you learn to appreciate the liquor, not the blacking out. 

Never had a really good scotch...  Always tasted too dry and harsh..

Maybe if I drank the shit Jerry Jones prefers - Johnny Walker Blue?

New-Signature.jpg