Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WyomingCoog

Down Syndrome Genocide.....

Is this what you pro-death advocates have always wanted? The elimination of people that are different than you through abortion? I've been warning everyone all along about this slippery slope. What about when these pre-birth screenings start being able to identify someone has being homosexual? Are you OK with someone choosing to murder their child because they're going to be born gay? This story is sickening.....murdering children because they have Down Syndrome? Is that really something you guys support on here? Where does it end? Should we murder anyone that may have difficulties in life? Should autistic children be murdered so we can eliminate that too? What about families that want a son and find out their child will be a girl, so they murder her? Are you women's rights people ok with that too? Nothing better than murder by abortion to create a superior species or race am I right?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/down-syndrome-iceland/?linkId=40953194

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

8 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I'm all for it. The down's people used to die off when they were 3 or so due to a heart defect now they're living long lives and burdening society with them. I fail to see the problem in screening for problems that will weigh heavily on families and people later on. 

I hope you are joking.  If not you are an insensitive ass. 

21 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I'm all for it. The down's people used to die off when they were 3 or so due to a heart defect now they're living long lives and burdening society with them. I fail to see the problem in screening for problems that will weigh heavily on families and people later on. 

My wife and I found out when she was 5 months pregnant that our son had major heart issues. because of this the state of Nevada mandated a amnio be done because when kids have heart defects they have a much higher chance of downs or trisonomy 18. They told us if we wanted to abort now would be the time. My wife was adamant we were not going to abort, I thought if there was an issue where the kid would be stillborn or a threat to my wife's health we had to think about it. The test took 10 days. The longest 10 days of my life. You do a lot of thinking. Can I be a parent of a kid with downs? Am I strong enough? I took a look at kids with downs and what their lives are like, what the parents lives are like. I never bothered to learn before because it didn't effect me. After looking at it I was good with whatever the result would be. 

In our case my son does not have downs but he had a ton of other things wrong including major heart conditions. If he would have been born in England or Canada he would have been deemed non-viable because the odds of him living past 3 were slim. Well after 19 surgeries he is in great health. He started the first grade yesterday and was running around playing with all the other kids. My point is that what you may see as a burden other people see as a gift. 

19 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

My wife and I found out when she was 5 months pregnant that our son had major heart issues. because of this the state of Nevada mandated a amnio be done because when kids have heart defects they have a much higher chance of downs or trisonomy 18. They told us if we wanted to abort now would be the time. My wife was adamant we were not going to abort, I thought if there was an issue where the kid would be stillborn or a threat to my wife's health we had to think about it. The test took 10 days. The longest 10 days of my life. You do a lot of thinking. Can I be a parent of a kid with downs? Am I strong enough? I took a look at kids with downs and what their lives are like, what the parents lives are like. I never bothered to learn before because it didn't effect me. After looking at it I was good with whatever the result would be. 

In our case my son does not have downs but he had a ton of other things wrong including major heart conditions. If he would have been born in England or Canada he would have been deemed non-viable because the odds of him living past 3 were slim. Well after 19 surgeries he is in great health. He started the first grade yesterday and was running around playing with all the other kids. My point is that what you may see as a burden other people see as a gift. 

Great post man. And kudos to you and the wife for seeing it through. 

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

51 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I fail to see the problem in screening for problems that will weigh heavily on families and people later on. 

Who said there's a problem with screening? 

So, there are a couple of important differences between Iceland in the US, the most obvious being that the vast majority of Icelanders does not consider abortions an act of killing. Further, Iceland is an insanely small and homogeneous society with a tiny gene pool. So they are understandably more worried about genetic issues than a large and diverse society as the US. There is a dating app that helps Icelanders make sure they don't accidentally bang a cousin. I thought that was a joke or a curiosity, but I've been to Iceland a few times, and it's eerie how similar a lot of people are to each other.

31 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

So, there are a couple of important differences between Iceland in the US, the most obvious being that the vast majority of Icelanders does not consider abortions an act of killing. Further, Iceland is an insanely small and homogeneous society with a tiny gene pool. So they are understandably more worried about genetic issues than a large and diverse society as the US. There is a dating app that helps Icelanders make sure they don't accidentally bang a cousin. I thought that was a joke or a curiosity, but I've been to Iceland a few times, and it's eerie how similar a lot of people are to each other.

It doesn't matter what the differences are. In the United States today, you can abort ur pregnancy simply because they have Down syndrome. My question is.....is this really where we are as a society? Is that something to be proud of? Where does it end? Are lives of the disabled not worth living? Should we kill them all off?

1 hour ago, Rebelbacker said:

See, but yes you can be strong enough.  You can do it.  People can do it.  Their lives might not be easy, but some of the neatest, most kind, caring, and special kids I see are Down's kids in clinic.  Some kids are low functioning, there's a kid like that on the street behind us, and he's still a nice kid.  He's just not the type that will be able to work or do anything, but that little girl in the video above will go to school, interact with her peers, and probably have a job when she gets older. 

Good on you guys for not aborting.  I'd guess your life is infinitely better, I can't remember what my life was like without my kids.

41 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

Why worry about genetic issues of someone who isn't going to reproduce?  Tons of people with Downs and other genetic syndromes live happy, full lives. 

I guess I just think it's ok if they live.  They can be productive people.  They help others to accept and learn about people who are different.  Most are unconditionally kind.  We could learn a lot from people with Down's. 

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

46 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

It's no different than someone whining about having to pay $9000 a month for pills. And people wonder why the Earth is overcrowded. 

1/10 at best 

3 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

I am Deaf and was born two months early.  So easy for you to say stuff like this behind an avatar.  I work for the government and I do not currently collect social or welfare payments.  I'm thankful for my hearing loss so I don't have to listen all the garbage that spews out of the mouths of people like you.  I know it's difficult for people who can hear to put up with your garbage so why not be less of a burden on them by being mindful of what you are going to say?

So the next time you put a condom on, just think what could have been especially if your father used one.

2 hours ago, I am Ram said:

There is a dating app in the South that works just the opposite called Kin-der.

26 minutes ago, Jalapeno said:

I am Deaf and was born two months early.  So easy for you to say stuff like this behind an avatar.  I work for the government and I do not currently collect social or welfare payments.  I'm thankful for my hearing loss so I don't have to listen all the garbage that spews out of the mouths of people like you.  I know it's difficult for people who can hear to put up with your garbage so why not be less of a burden on them by being mindful of what you are going to say?

So the next time you put a condom on, just think what could have been especially if your father used one.

Good for U man. Glad your parents didn't murder you when they found out you'd be deaf. 

1 hour ago, WyomingCoog said:

It doesn't matter what the differences are. In the United States today, you can abort ur pregnancy simply because they have Down syndrome. My question is.....is this really where we are as a society? Is that something to be proud of? Where does it end? Are lives of the disabled not worth living? Should we kill them all off?

Of course not. If you asked people in Iceland or the US if it's okay to kill born handicapped people of any age, 99% would (hopefully) say no. But again, there are many people who do not consider an abortion killing. If you do, that's a position that's very hard to accept obviously.

49 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Why worry about genetic issues of someone who isn't going to reproduce?  Tons of people with Downs and other genetic syndromes live happy, full lives. 

I guess I just think it's ok if they live.  They can be productive people.  They help others to accept and learn about people who are different.  Most are unconditionally kind.  We could learn a lot from people with Down's. 

I think nowadays, with so few people with Downs being born, a lot of would-be parents are worried about two the challenges a Downs kid would face in life. In a society fewer people with obvious handicaps there are in a society, the greater the social stigma felt by the few who have them. That's tough pressure. Another thing is that there is probably also some fear of being stigmatized as a parent. If you live in a society with a tiny gene pool and have a handicapped kid, there are probably a lot of people who'll think you might have slept with someone just a bit too close to you. Societal pressure is a powerful force, especially in societies that are less individual-focused than the US. 

3 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

It's hard to imagine that an amnio is mandatory. The risk of the amnio is often higher than the risk of Down's or other chromosomal anomalies. Weird and totally irresponsible law if so.

12 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

You're deaf but you're useful. People like you and people that get thrown in a sanatarium for 30 years are a different animal altogether. 

Frankly, if I found out my wife were pregnant with a retarded or heavily disabled kid, I'd see to it that it was aborted. I have no shame in admitting as much. A kid like that burdens everything. It's either keep it around at the expense of everyone else or subject them to a "home" somewhere. It's bad for everyone, including the person involved. 

Prolly a good thing they can't screen for the gene that says their kid is going to travel the world doing drugs and write an online blog for tens of fans or your parents would've likely aborted you. 

1 minute ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

If a woman doesn't want a baby she shouldn't have to give birth. Period. Abort early.

So you march around with a vagina on ur head to support women...and then say someone should be able to be murdered for the simple fact that parents wanted a boy instead? Got it. At least that seems logical. 

4 minutes ago, WyomingCoog said:

So you march around with a vagina on ur head to support women...and then say someone should be able to be murdered for the simple fact that parents wanted a boy instead? Got it. At least that seems logical. 

I don't have a vagina hat, although it wouldn't bother me to wear one. Unlike you, I'm secure in my male self-image. To me (and to the courts, and to the majority of Americans) abortion does not equal murder. Deal with it bitter man.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say