Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brew_Poke

Front Range happy hour?

So, who would be interested in getting together on Friday for beer in Denver?  I'm open to anywhere really, but prefer somewhere downtown-ish.  My preferred brewery is Hogshead, but like I said, I'm open.  Anybody interested in meeting before the season starts?

6 minutes ago, Brew_Poke said:

So, who would be interested in getting together on Friday for beer in Denver?  I'm open to anywhere really, but prefer somewhere downtown-ish.  My preferred brewery is Hogshead, but like I said, I'm open.  Anybody interested in meeting before the season starts?

I can't make Denver on a Friday evening this next month.  Otherwise, would have loved to.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

I ate at Ale House in the Highlands area a bit ago. It's a pretty cool little area. I had the bison, elk, antelope, and boar meatloaf wrapped in bacon with mashers and succatash. It was amazing and very front-rangey. Great ice cream shop a block up the hill too. 

FB_IMG_1502742240438.jpg

6 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I ate at Ale House in the Highlands area a bit ago. It's a pretty cool little area. I had the bison, elk, antelope, and boar meatloaf wrapped in bacon with mashers and succatash. It was amazing and very front-rangey. Great ice cream shop a block up the hill too.

The ol' Rocky Mountain mixed grill, eh? Yum.

22 minutes ago, Brew_Poke said:

Hi all,

So Friday at 4pm, I intend to start quaffing a pint in anticipation of meeting fellow MWCBoarders.  I will be at Hogshead Brewerey, 4460 W 29th Ave, Denver, CO 80212, wearing a Wyoming shirt.  My name is John.

http://www.hogsheadbrewery.com/

Hope to see some of you there! 

I thought CSU owned Denver. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 8/15/2017 at 8:14 PM, Brew_Poke said:

Hi all,

So Friday at 4pm, I intend to start quaffing a pint in anticipation of meeting fellow MWCBoarders.  I will be at Hogshead Brewery, 4460 W 29th Ave, Denver, CO 80212, wearing a Wyoming shirt.  My name is John.

http://www.hogsheadbrewery.com/

Hope to see some of you there! 

Bump

3 minutes ago, pokebball said:

So I'm still here at work and I know you are checking this thread on your smart phone.  Who all showed up and what are you drinking?

I'm drinking alone, but Ft Fun should be here sometime. Had an ESB, and now drinking a proper pale ale.

12 hours ago, toonkee said:

Is there a back or rear range, since there is a front range?

So, the term makes sense if you are familiar with the human geography of the continent, and the concept of 'place.'  Place names, by and large, are white and Eurocentric in North America.  When whites were settling from east to west across the continent, the abrupt range of mountains on the western edge of the Great Plains, since the sense of place was focused back towards the East Coast population centers, became the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains.  Geologically, there isn't a back range, as the western edge of the Rocky Mountain province isn't abrupt and scarped, it slopes gently into the Basin and Range province.  The edges of the Rocky Mountains are thus the Front Range and the Western Slope.