Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

broncobob

Since I joined this forum in 2005

I have aged 12 years!

Does not seem that long!!!

Are there any other Craft Brewers here or at least fans of Craft Beer?

Just Asking, cuz I am  bored and it is still not College Football Season.

broncomwc.png

11 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Beer is a favorite topic around here.

@RogueStout

Love to drink it! Never brewed though.

I see that new brewery out of Montana that is moving into Tablerock's old spot is going to make a big batch of Hopzilla. SO STOKED!

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

20 minutes ago, broncobob said:

I have aged 12 years!

I remember this place back then. It had the worst format on the internet.

Can't help you with the beer. More a booze and wine guy. Plus, I would never make anything I could pay someone else to make for me. It's my contribution to stimulating the economy... and also my laziness. 

7 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

I see that new brewery out of Montana that is moving into Tablerock's old spot is going to make a big batch of Hopzilla. SO STOKED!

I'm excited to see the Library district grow. With the new History Museum, Afton Lofts, Montana Brewery, Boise Fine Arts Building (across the river), and the soon to start new Library that will open up to 8th and the Anne Frank Memorial, that area is going to be a pretty hip artsy area. 

4 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I remember this place back then. It had the worst format on the internet.

Can't help you with the beer. More a booze and wine guy. Plus, I would never make anything I could pay someone else to make for me. It's my contribution to stimulating the economy... and also my laziness. 

Your bed? 

Dinner?

A.....Baby?:ph34r:

Only brewed 3 times myself. Used kits on all (real ingredients, just pre-portioned). All turned out well, but I just haven't made the time for it in awhile. Plus my house doesn't have a great spot to store during fermentation.

I am a craft brew nut though. As I grow older, I am appreciating wine a lot more than I used to.

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Your bed? 

Dinner?

A.....Baby?:ph34r:

1) the very first thing I quit doing when I separated.

2) nope. See above. I can tell you everywhere to eat in the valley, however.

3) Vasectomy. I can shoot it anywhere with no worries... about making babies, anyway. 

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

3) Vasectomy. I can shoot it anywhere with no worries... about making babies, anyway. 

Did not need that visual . . . of a potato wearing a crown, shooting his seed everywhere...

image.thumb.jpeg.b1ede5b513b868611f9d2b3fee5bb15a.jpeg

Long time homebrewer and have brewed just about everything.  Right now I have an Oktoberfest lager lagering at 36 degrees in my chest freezer.  Should be ready in early September.:rock:

5 hours ago, broncobob said:

I have aged 12 years!

I have a milk stout fermenting right now and I'm thinking of trying a "winter" saison (blasphemy I know), but my wife enjoys them and she's not in the mood to wait until spring. 

18 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Did you grow your own hops this summer?

Yes I did.,  Some of my Hop Plants are 12 years old.  I expect to harvest around 15 pounds this season.:shots:

broncomwc.png

18 hours ago, RogueStout said:

Yes...and they are going to make some TD's Nut Brown Ale too.  Good Times are here again.:Clapping:

broncomwc.png

18 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

Only brewed 3 times myself. Used kits on all (real ingredients, just pre-portioned). All turned out well, but I just haven't made the time for it in awhile. Plus my house doesn't have a great spot to store during fermentation.

I am a craft brew nut though. As I grow older, I am appreciating wine a lot more than I used to.

Over time, I have invested around $2,000 in my 10 gallon system.  I have made 336 batches, but that includes wine, perry, hard cider, meed and assorted distilled spirits.  I belong to a club where we keep challenging each other to make better beer.  Latest batch is a Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout.  Next batch will be a NE IPA.  Love those Juicy IPA's.  Just finishing judging beer for the Western Idaho State Fair and the best beer that I judged was a NE IPA.  Got to get that recipe. :shots:

broncomwc.png